Page 1 of 2 1 2
deer lease rules? #10467 12/03/04 02:22 AM
L
larrywoodson Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
L
another post got me thinking of deer lease rules. do any of youre leases have rules and would you mind sharing. on our lease we dont have any rules but as time has gone on i think we all should sit down and make some up.

Re: deer lease rules? [Re: larrywoodson] #10468 12/03/04 02:27 AM
H
HunterTed Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
H
Yeah I dont let Dad eat beans or spicy food after lunch if he plans to sleep in the camper. That is rule number one!!!!!!!!!LOL Since it's just me and Dad on the lease there are no rules.

Mathews Legacy
Mathews Ovation

Square Up Archery & Lightning Bowstrings Staff Shooter
Re: deer lease rules? [Re: HunterTed] #10469 12/03/04 03:15 AM
T
Txduckman Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Not really. Just the usual, no poaching and no quail since that is leased out after Jan. 2. We have the no bucks or pay $500 rule unless they are 8 pts or better and outside the ears but I don't think you meant that kind of rule.

Re: deer lease rules? [Re: larrywoodson] #10470 12/03/04 12:37 PM
forthebirds Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
we only have 4 guys and 640acs, so we try and keep the rules simple, stay in your stand or on the roads till 0900 no shotgunning till everyone is done deer hunting, make sure we know where you are hunting and what time you will be back.

The purpose of a warrior is not to reason with the enemy but to kill him.
Re: deer lease rules? [Re: forthebirds] #10471 12/03/04 01:42 PM
G
Goags Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
G
Funny you should ask. Have hunted on bro-in-laws land for 24 yrs. Simple rules...don't load up until in stand, stay in stand until picked up, unload before getting out of stand. This year, the cattle were removed and we started working on a WMplan. Decided to shoot NO deer this yr, just document what is seen, and shoot a hog, given the chance. Well, a 19yr old nephew pulled the trigger on a deer last wke. Said it was "too big" to pass up. We found alittle blood, but couldn't find the buck, after looking for 3 hrs. Needless to say, bro-in-law was pizzed. Awkward being family and having rules, but no set penalties.

Re: deer lease rules? [Re: larrywoodson] #10472 12/03/04 02:10 PM
S
skeeteroneal Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
S
I would recommend it. My family owns 185 acres with a trailer on it. We lease to a couple of friends and family to hunt with me and my dad.We haven't had rules, and there has been some misunderstandings this year. A few we are looking at: we raised the price $100 per person to help pay for year around food plots. everyone will have a feeder going year around. limit on age of children brought out and the ones hunting will have a hunter safety course (its the law), pitching in for food and utilities when they stay out at the trailer, and encourage not shooting younger deer. We are putting it in writing and would recommend the same so noone can say they don't remember that rule. I've learned that guidelines need to be set, especially if you own the land or are responsible for the lease.

Re: deer lease rules? [Re: skeeteroneal] #10473 12/03/04 02:21 PM
T
TheHag Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T
Pick and choose from these if you want. These are the rules we have set on one of our ranches we have leased out to some hunters.

Rules:
1). No quail hunting. The owners have retained all quail hunting rights. They will not hunt quail until after deer season is over.
2). No dove hunting. Since dove season is so close to deer season, we feel that it will only be detrimental to the temperament of the deer on the lease.
3). No gun hunting for hogs out of someone else's stand or road hunting will be allowed during bow season. You must respect that bow hunters need undisturbed and quite conditions to be successful with a bow.
4). There are bow hunters on the lease and also adjacent to our lease. You will take care not to disturb the area during any active TPWD hunting season. Please respect the quiteness that is needed on the lease for any bow hunter to be successful in his hunt.
5). The number of deer that can be taken by each paid hunter is one mature 8 point buck or a mature spike and one doe.
6). Unlimited hogs (Harvested hogs must be taken for consumption or disposed of properly and not left laying around the ranch). We realize that some old bore hogs are not fit for eating and must be drug to a non-interfering location, such as the creek bottom.
7). The number of turkey that can be harvested will be as allowed by the TPWD regulations.
8). An unlimited number of varmints may be harvested. There are numerous coyotes and bobcats and we ask that you shoot these varmints.
9). Only immediate family members are allowed to accompany you during hunting season.
10). An immediate family member may take your doe, varmits, a hog and/or one turkey.
11). Since this is a one buck county and the hunter may not want to use his buck tag on a freak buck or mature spike, permission can and may be granted by the owner for a guest to harvest a particular buck that should be culled off the lease. If it's determined by the owner that a mature spike or a freak buck should be culled off the lease, permission will only be given after a detailed description of the cull buck is given by the owner. This culling will be determined by the owner prior to any cull buck being harvested by a guest.
12). All family member guests MUST be in the same stand as you are. You are not allowed to hunt separate at any time! Violation of this rule WILL result in immediate expulsion from the lease! NO EXCEPTIONS!
13). No blind or stand can be set up closer than 100 yards from any internal property fence line. No feeder can be set up between the stand and an internal fence line. This way, no one will be shooting at animals at their feeder in the direction of other hunters on other leases.
14). No feeder, blind or stand my be set up in the immediate vicinity of another existing blind or feeder without the mutual agreement of the other stand owner. This includes portable blinds! If there is a question about whether or not the blind or feeder that is to be set up is far enough from another existing feeder or blind, the decision of the lease manager in this matter will be final.
15). No one may keep others from hunting out of their blind while they are not on the ranch. It's an "open stand" lease. If the owner of the stand is hunting, it's "his/her" stand and you may not get in it without the stand owner's permission. You MUST call the owner of the stand prior to getting in their stand. If you are unable to contact them, you are not allowed to get in their stand! Some hunters may arrive at the lease later than you and it's not right that they come to hunt and find you in their stand. This has become a very sore subject, due to over abuse of people using other people's stands. If this problem can not be worked out during this season, the stands can and will at the descretion of the lease manager no longer be "open" and will be limited to be hunted by only the owner of the stand or hunted only with his written permission. Be advised that if another problem arrises with the "open stand" policy, the lease manager may change the stands to "owner only" during the season to solve the conflicts.
16). Travel with any type of vehicle is restricted to the existing roads. A trail to your feeder may be made, but used only for picking up game or filling your feeder.
17). No camp trailer may exceed 25' in length.
18). Wounded game may only be trailed into adjoining properties by first contacting either the owner, a game warden or the adjoining land owner for permission or instructions.
19). All trash must be taken out of the land. The leaving of trash or throwing trash on the property WILL be grounds for immediate eviction from the property.
20). Night hunting for hogs can only be done after the last day of the scheduled deer season until the end of Spring turkey season. No night hunting will be allowed during deer season. No firearms are allowed to be discharged at night during deer season except for personal protection.
21). Any sighting in of rifles will be done between the hours of 12:00 noon to 2:00 pm only. All rifles will be sighted in adjacent to the front gate. No exceptions!
22). All hunters are required to have their own feeder and stand. It's not fair for the other hunters to have the expense of feeding the game animals for months with a feeder and another hunter just hunt over their feeder without having any expense for feed.

Re: deer lease rules? [Re: TheHag] #10474 12/03/04 04:28 PM
B
Born4Horns Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
B
Our lease agreement is almost like TheHag's, except our rancher makes us sign a "Hold Harmless" clause. If one of our group brings a minor child, their spouse must also sign the lease agreement.

Other than that, shoot a immature buck and you have to clean the dishes for the rest of the season.

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns!
Re: deer lease rules? [Re: Born4Horns] #10475 12/03/04 06:40 PM
dgilbert Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Looks like some good rules HAG, you've cover about everything.

Born4Horns, is this "Hold Harmless" clause, have to do with the minor child, if not what is it and why does the spouse have to sign the agreement. I'm not downing it, I'm just trying to understand it. My wife have not a clue about hunting or lease rules.

Re: deer lease rules? [Re: dgilbert] #10476 12/03/04 09:16 PM
L
larrywoodson Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
L
wow hag thats alot. and thats what i asked for thanks.

Re: deer lease rules? [Re: larrywoodson] #10477 12/03/04 10:53 PM
Bradbury Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
WE have used something like what the Hag says in the past,,,the guys who shoot their deer first couple of weekend still have to keep their feeder going the whole season...One guy did not do it and he did not get asked back the next year...

The only other rule we had was if you were driving in to hunt on a morning, you had to be there an hour and a half before shooting light....if not, don't come in until after 10...and for the afternoon, you had to be there before 2:30 or you had to wait until dark. That was my rule since my stand was close to the gate and I watched two lease members come in right at deer thirty.....and run some deer off.

Re: deer lease rules? [Re: Bradbury] #10478 12/04/04 12:23 AM
A
AdvTX Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
A
All of that crap should just be a given and Bradbury those hour rules are insane! I've been on a lease with 6 guys for 7 years and we just show respect and do what we all think is right and if something does come up we always vote and majority wins period. No one person can make any rule!

Sounds to me like a dumb place to put a stand?

Bow Only
Re: deer lease rules? [Re: AdvTX] #10479 12/04/04 12:26 AM
dgilbert Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity

Re: deer lease rules? [Re: AdvTX] #10480 12/04/04 12:15 PM
campcook Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
I really enjoy it when people get irate over what someone else posts. I do it myself, and feel that I do a good job of it, but that is beside the point. This whole thing is the reason why I can be in on the place I hunt, with the people I hunt with, and probably couldn't be on a place with a single person participating in these forums. Common courtesey, common sence, respecting the land owner and the folks you are hunting with, and the rules and regulations set down by TP&W are really all the rules you need on any place. Hunting is supposed to be enjoyable, not a contest. If people want to have a code of conduct, rules, or whatever, and everyone hunting the place agrees to them, then that is good enough. I believe this started out with someone wanting to know if people had rules set up for the place they hunt. I don't think that persons intentions was to get people sniping at each other, over the way they operate their lease. This is supposed to be a place to share opinions and ideas. Not a place to rip some one apart just because they do things differently than you.

Re: deer lease rules? [Re: campcook] #10481 12/04/04 01:05 PM
H
HunterTed Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
H
Quote:

This whole thing is the reason why I can be in on the place I hunt, with the people I hunt with, and probably couldn't be on a place with a single person participating in these forums. Common courtesey, common sence, respecting the land owner and the folks you are hunting with, and the rules and regulations set down by TP&W are really all the rules you need on any place. Hunting is supposed to be enjoyable, not a contest. If people want to have a code of conduct, rules, or whatever, and everyone hunting the place agrees to them, then that is good enough.

That is one of the main reasons why dad and I are on a lease by ourselves. We have enough respect for one another to I guess... have a unwritten set of rules that we abide by. When he was in charge of the lease when I was a kid he never set down any rules except for things like safety, courtesy, and following the regulations set by TP&W. Now 20 years later we still hunt the same as we always have and it seems to work out. We have been hunting deer together since I was around 8 so I figure that if we haven't had any rules for 23 years why start now. If it aint broke then dont fix it if you know what I mean. Perhaps there are places where rules need to be set I dont have a problem with anyone that has rules on their lease. If it works for you then I say go for it. Different strokes for different folks... right. I guess what I am going the long way around the barn to say is ...........if dad and I can be on a lease with no rules and Hag has a place with strict rules and Bradbury likes to hunt close to the gate and as long as all of us come home from each hunting trip with a smile in our face, a spring in our step, a ton of memories, and a refreshed mind, spirit, and body then wether we have rules or not shouldnt matter.

Larry just wanted to let you know that this was a cool post and I wasnt ripping you for making it. Just wanted to say a few things. I could just see where this thing might get a little out of hand.

Mathews Legacy
Mathews Ovation

Re: deer lease rules? [Re: HunterTed] #10482 12/04/04 08:25 PM
J
Jimbo Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Everyone who has a lease that has no rules other than the standard rule of courtesy must consider themselves fortunate. I also hunt on such a lease but I have also hunted on those leases where you have various other people with different levels of hunting knowledge and upbringing if you know what I mean. You have to lay down rules in cases like that in order to keep it fun, and keep from making a pleasurable experience into something a lot more undesirable. Dealing with numbers of people just like this forum is not an easy task. Ask the moderators of this forum. Same goes with a lease. If you don't have a bunch of guys that are willing to leave the me first attitudes at home then there will be a problem even if it's a family lease. Personally the rules are made for those bigger leases and those leases that have a problem with over killing and need some sort of management to bring them back to where the land owner or lease manager would like them to be.
As far as not hunting next to a gate. That's all about the situation. I've had a blind near a gate, and what I mean near would not necessarily mean right next to it. If you've spent any time in the woods you know that sound travels long distances, and a rowdy approach to the gate, such as playing the radio, talking and laughing as well as slamming car doors can break the silence especially if the guy that is in the stand got there an hour before even a hint of daylight in the cold just to settle in and not spook the game only to have someone show up just moments before the crack of dawn slamming doors and whatnot. The poor guy just sat there all that time in the cold for nothing. You have to use common sense and common courtesy, and there seems to be a major lack of it on some deer leases. Thus the need for those terrible bad rules.

Thursday at 12:45 PM
Once i learned that i didn't "NEED" to kill something, and that if i did kill something all the fun stopped and work began, i was a much better hunter.
Re: deer lease rules? [Re: Jimbo] #10483 12/04/04 11:29 PM
H
Hugowt17 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
H
I dont think that there are many leases where everyone on it has common sence or any courtesy, I wish that there were more, just relze im not saying that you guys dont have sence or courtesy but that there are many who dont, Unfortunatly some of us people who want to hunt must put up with them, I think some rules are good and to be honest I think that they are needed because you now as well as I do that some people really dont care about others. I feel that if rules dont need to be set and people just to do what is right, then why do we have any laws at all, the answer would be cause people dont always do what is right, with out rules on a lease where there are people that do not have common sence or courtesy, I think that some rules must be set.

Re: deer lease rules? [Re: AdvTX] #10484 12/05/04 12:55 AM
Bradbury Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
Quote:

All of that crap should just be a given and Bradbury those hour rules are insane! I've been on a lease with 6 guys for 7 years and we just show respect and do what we all think is right and if something does come up we always vote and majority wins period. No one person can make any rule!

Sounds to me like a dumb place to put a stand?

Probably why we did not call you to get on it!

We had numerous problems with folk getting up and driving in right when folks could start to see...so we put a stop to it.. This place was an hour from the Metromess and you could get to it in the morning easily.

In the afternoons 3 was the time we headed to stands...so the 2:30 thing made good sense. Everybody was typically up 90 minutes before shooting light anyway having breakfast and such and since every member lived within 65 miles of the place it was fine and it worked...no problems with folks driving in at the wrong time either.

Oh, and the stand I had near the gate,,,I did not say it was so close I could run out and open it for them, did I? NO, but I sure could see it.
Good thing about that stand is it was between a major bedding area and about 120 acres of oats every year....starting to seem like a good spot to have a stand not doesn't it? Oh, and to mention it was between two natural funnels....sounds even better now doesn't it? I thought so. That is why all 7 deer that came off that place that scored between 130 and 153 with the exception of one that went mid 140's came from my stand....HMMMMM...really sounds like a good place for a stand now doesn't it? OH and let me not forget that I was a solid 200 yards from the border and my feeder did not even face the fence, totally the opposite way, the fence was at my back, but the bad thing was the main road came thru that gate and it did not fork to get to another piece of the property until a good 1000 yards from the gate. So, after 11 years of hunting on the place and knowing every inch of it like the back of my hand...I would say I know better where the stand should be positioned then you....OH, and the rule......I made it after somebody sitting in my stand complained about another guy driving in and everybody agreed on it.....In 11 years, we only booted 3 people off, one for not keeping his feeder filled all season and a couple other things, one for driving around and hunting, and another for ....well lets just say he always seemed a little short when it was time to pay for the lease. Given that I was in charge of it for 10 of those 11 years I would say the buck finally rested with me, but we did discuss things...and when I got hold of this property it had been abused...so what I did worked....Sorry I did not call you and ask you to join! Or ask what your thoughts were and for your approval for what might work on my lease.

I mean it is deer season and not driving in late season, over sleeping season, you want to hunt, then get there on time....same thing as if you are being picked up to go somewhere if you are early, you are on time, if you are on time you are late, if you are late then you are left....Don't screw anything up for somebody else because you cannot make the effort to get up on time.....

Thanks for you thoughts...but truly you know nothing about the place or my group that was on the lease....Sure wish will still had it, but nothing we did got us booted off, it was the landowner who decided to sell it and we did not lease from the new owners as they were going to hunt it themselves....that is why they bought it.....OH, AND THEY HAVE MY STAND IN THE SAME SPOT....I LEFT IT FOR THEM AND THEY STILL SHOOT NICE DEER OUT OF IT.

Do you want their number?

Re: deer lease rules? [Re: Bradbury] #10485 12/05/04 04:51 PM
L
larrywoodson Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
L
yea i didnt want this to get out of hand. i picked up on some good ideas.i took my fishing partner hunting this weekend. nobody else was at the lease this weekend so i took him over to a blind that only gets hunted during bow season. when i found the blind i found the mess. there was about a 6-pack of beer bottles under the blind. even though they wasnt mine. i felt embarset of the mess. i knew whos they are cause his blind is the same way. i bet if the land owner see's it he will be pee-od.. i know there is allways unwritten rules and i think we need writtin rules also o ours. so people pick up there trash. thanks for all the replys.

Re: deer lease rules? [Re: Bradbury] #10486 12/05/04 05:11 PM
A
AdvTX Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
A
Wow Bradbury you take everything anybody says on here so personally. You didn't tell everyone that you shoot record book deer out of the "gate" stand or anything else you just stated that you had a stand where you could see the gate I think you should have shot them dead for even thinking about using that gate after hours! oh and as far as keeping the feeders running all year....I'm sure I will get an ear full but I think its unethical because then the young deer only use feeders instead of watching mom all summer. We take our feeders down in Feb. and put them back up Sept. its just what we think is right.

Didn't I see in an earlier post you say that you never paid to hunt and didn't have a lease you just hunted all over the state for free?

I've enjoyed reading some of your post but I'm glad your not on my lease!

Bow Only
Re: deer lease rules? [Re: AdvTX] #10487 12/05/04 06:12 PM
J
Jimbo Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
AdventureTX: The way I read Steves post was he was answering a post that critizied his choice of rules and stand placement. Isn't this what a disscussion forum is about? Seems to be somewhat of a misunderstanding!
This is why lease rules have come about. It's to make it perfectly clear and so that nobody is being singled out as trying to make the rules, or singling out just one individual on a whim, that they are doing something wrong. This way everyone agrees and knows what is expected of everyone from the start. If a person can't abide by the rules, then maybe it's time to move on to another lease. It's for a purpose of keeping tensions, and misunderstandings down, and if a person has a problem with rules then that person is probably the culprit that caused the rules to be written. But this is my interpretation from years of experience as to why rules are needed.....To keep a person from taking it personal.

Once i learned that i didn't "NEED" to kill something, and that if i did kill something all the fun stopped and work began, i was a much better hunter.
Re: deer lease rules? [Re: Bradbury] #10488 12/05/04 06:24 PM
H
HunterTed Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
H
Quote:

Oh, and the stand I had near the gate,,,I did not say it was so close I could run out and open it for them, did I? NO, but I sure could see it.
Good thing about that stand is it was between a major bedding area and about 120 acres of oats every year....starting to seem like a good spot to have a stand not doesn't it? Oh, and to mention it was between two natural funnels....sounds even better now doesn't it? I thought so. That is why all 7 deer that came off that place that scored between 130 and 153 with the exception of one that went mid 140's came from my stand....HMMMMM...really sounds like a good place for a stand now doesn't it?

Bradbury, Heck I'd sit on the gatepost to shoot deer like that. LOL

Mathews Legacy
Mathews Ovation

Re: deer lease rules? [Re: AdvTX] #10489 12/05/04 07:00 PM
J
Jimbo Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Quote:

oh and as far as keeping the feeders running all year....I'm sure I will get an ear full but I think its unethical because then the young deer only use feeders instead of watching mom all summer. We take our feeders down in Feb. and put them back up Sept. its just what we think is right.

I wish you could see the ground under my feeder. I've got corn growing about 8" high already because the deer have completely let the corn pile up due to feeding on the available acorns and new forbs that have sprouted after all the rains.
Don't worry about the deer ever using a feeder as a primary food source. Deer will feed on the natural stuff first all of the time. Feeding all year just keeps the deer around. They are creatures of habit and will walk up to a feeder just because it's there. They don't need it believe me, and it will never become their sole food supply so don't worry about Bambi becomming dependent on that feeder cause it ain't gonna happen.

Re: deer lease rules? [Re: Jimbo] #10490 12/05/04 07:35 PM
T
TheHag Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T
Sometimes rules that we think we wouldn't ever need and that sound ridiculous are the ones that seem to be the ones that are so over abused.

Take for instance the rule that says your guest must hunt in the same stand as yours.

I went to my bow stand one evening (I bow hunt during gun season) only to find the son of one of the lease holders sitting in it with his rifle. I then went to my gun stand to find his son-in-law sitting in that one. I didn't think my best friend was coming so I went to hunt out of his stand. There was the father (and lease holder) sitting in my friend's stand. So, I knew that his stand had to be empty. Wrong!!! There was my best friend that was searching for a stand to sit in also. We just decided that we should drive over and sit in our trucks and watch OUR feeders through the windshield of our trucks from about 30 yards away. So, he had 2 other people there and took up 3 stands that weren't even his to sit in!

Gun hunting out of a devoted bow hunter's tripod stand is grounds for a shooting!

Sometimes rules just have to be made if you have hunters from different ways of life.

Then there's the guys that think the rules are stupid and just don't obey them, thinking that no one will ever know.

For instance... We had a 13 point 1 1/2 year old buck at my bow stand. I took pictures of the buck and we discussed how awesome he would be in 3 more years or so. It was agreed that no one would shoot this young buck that had the potential of being a record book buck. There was even a picture of him taped to my stand saying "Shoot him and you're off the lease". Well, one weekend he quit coming to my feeder. Figured he just was roaming. One year later, I saw a picture of one of the lease holders holding the buck. So, there will always be those that don't care and will do things that we think are just a "given" and don't need to be mentioned.

Re: deer lease rules? [Re: AdvTX] #10491 12/05/04 08:53 PM
Bradbury Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
Quote:

Wow Bradbury you take everything anybody says on here so personally. You didn't tell everyone that you shoot record book deer out of the "gate" stand or anything else you just stated that you had a stand where you could see the gate I think you should have shot them dead for even thinking about using that gate after hours! oh and as far as keeping the feeders running all year....I'm sure I will get an ear full but I think its unethical because then the young deer only use feeders instead of watching mom all summer. We take our feeders down in Feb. and put them back up Sept. its just what we think is right.

Didn't I see in an earlier post you say that you never paid to hunt and didn't have a lease you just hunted all over the state for free?

I've enjoyed reading some of your post but I'm glad your not on my lease!

Where do I start?

One..130 to 153 does not make book, just some nice deer, sadly my brother in law or ex brother in law has the two biggest...though I never see him anymore I see the photos all the time....darn I hate my sister.

Two...my comment says keep them going all season..that is feeders all season. Did not say all year. That is until it runs out of corn from the last filling of feeders which is usually right after Christmas for us.

Three...yes, I hunt on four different pieces of property that darn good friends of mine own. Very fortunate! I had three and a lease, then when our landowner decided to sell, I did not find a lease I liked near as much as the one we had..given that I had friends, 3 at that time....who owned property who also told me not to get on another lease as I could hunt their land...I bought a boat. Then another friend bought a few thousand acres in S. Texas so if I was going to get on another lease...I do not know where it would be, or why as I have other places to go hunt...But rest assured I put in many many hours at each ranch fixing feeders, feedpens, building and moving stands, filling feeders, clearing brush, and many of the other duties that would go on if in fact they were a lease. Considering I have been hunting one place for 15 years for nothing more then the price of corn for 8 feeders twice a year there and some "sweat equity" I am fortunate.

As far as taking anything personally....No, just with a big grain of salt. I would consider the source if I knew the source.

The question was rules on a lease....not what you thought of the rules....I gave my agreement and practice of rules similar to the Hags with the addition of one more we had to use on one place...You took it and ran with it offering up your thoughts....as an attack and general assumption that a stand placement was crazy...Given that you do not know me, I do not know you, you do not know where I hunt, hunted or anything about it at all.....a bigger grain of salt is needed, but I might offer it to your first...

Did I need to go into detail about what was shot, seen out of the stand near a gate? No, as you see others have the same situation.....Heck, we did not put the gates there in the first place...but given the size of a few places...and the terrain...it might just work out.

Rest assured, I am glad I am not on your lease, no matter where it is and how great it is or what you and yours think is right or wrong. Different strokes for different folks..but I do not think you have seen ME attack somebody elses post with saying what I thought about their rules, report, lease, fact, story, gun, etc.....

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

I AM DONE!

SORRY THIS POST HAS TURNED FOR THE WORST, MY APOLOGY TO THE PERSON WHO STARTED IT......I WILL TRY TO GET IT BACK ON TRACK.

I thought of another rule I have seen in the past....one was a work weekend...generally there were two weekends,,,you had to make one of them.

The only other one we had on the lease mentioned above is about trapping hogs....if you were not going to be there, you had to wire the doors of your or all hog traps you set open after you left, that way nothing got caught in them and just died...We were fortunate that we were on the place when a calf got in one and was able to get it out within a few hours of it getting trapped...OH yeah, that was not my rule......

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide