Texas Hunting Forum

Has anyone Hunted Africa

Posted By: surfcowboy

Has anyone Hunted Africa - 11/17/17 09:23 PM

Hey Guys

Has anyone hunted the South Africa area. I'm looking to make a trip next year looking for outfit recommendations. My big three that I want to hunt are Kudu, Gemsbok, and Impala not sure of anything else.

William
Posted By: Cody Malone

Re: Has anyone Hunted Africa - 11/17/17 09:47 PM

I can get ya set up with a Kudu, Gemsbok, Impala, Warthog and Blesbok in Limpopo province

all hunted on one ranch, all trophies (no culls or mid grade), 5 star lodging and no hidden fees. Airport pick u[p and drop off included, laundry services and trackers and skinners al included
Posted By: syncerus

Re: Has anyone Hunted Africa - 11/17/17 10:10 PM

I've hunted both SA and Namibia. I can personally recommend eZulu (SA) and Africa Awaits (Namibia). That said, there are plenty of very good outfitters in both countries. It's my personal opinion that hunting in southern Africa is the best value in hunting today. I've also fished but not hunted with N'Dumo (SA and Namibia) and can recommend them without reservation. The US booking agent for Africa Awaits is High Mountain Hunts, here in Dallas.

http://www.ezulugamereserve.com/
http://africa-awaits-hunt.com/
http://huntingsafaris.net/
http://highmountainhunts.com/
Posted By: Gillettehunter

Re: Has anyone Hunted Africa - 11/17/17 10:26 PM

I have been to Africa 4 times and hunted with 6 different outfitters among those trips. Likely going back in 18. There are a lot of VERY good outfitters as well as some not so good. I can make a number of suggestions should you want to PM me. My first thought is for you to join 2 other forums with lots of African hunting info. The first is africahunting.com. Great friendly environment with a lot of active users. Look at the hunt reports and the hunts offered for deals. The second is the accuratereloading.com forums. This one is a bit rougher. Still some great hunt reports to look through as well as deals that come up regularly. It will not take you long to read some hunt reports and find some of the companies that are really GOOD. Congrats on the decision to go to Africa.
Bruce
Posted By: Erny

Re: Has anyone Hunted Africa - 11/17/17 10:42 PM

I have been 4 times to South Africa and Namibia. The three animals you want are common an you should be able to find a great package deal on those three. If you can attend the Dallas Safari Club convention in early January. You will be shocked at how many safari companies there are and just how many different African hunts there are. I have done the tented wilderness hunts as well as the 5 star game farm/lodge hunts. It痴 going to boil down to what you want. I think looking for the safari is half the fun. Be forewarned hunting in Africa is very addictive...
Posted By: traviselmore

Re: Has anyone Hunted Africa - 11/18/17 01:31 AM

I just posted a thread the other day on my first safari. It is a couple threads down from this one. It has a lot of info in it.

Re: Has anyone Hunted Africa - 11/18/17 03:08 AM

I wish i could go to the shows. The thing is I'm out of the country working. that's why I asked on here. to get the opinions of the guys that have done it.
Posted By: Jgraider

Re: Has anyone Hunted Africa - 11/18/17 08:44 PM

Been there 4 times, once to SA, 3 times to Namibia. I'll take Namibia any day over the generally small (except for E Cape) high fence places in SA. Kowas Safaris is second to none.
Posted By: Bowhunt Only

Re: Has anyone Hunted Africa - 11/18/17 11:13 PM

I've been a couple of times for archery hunts. I can recommend Matlabas Game Hunters, It's an archery hunting reserve though. No guns. But they really know about archery hunting and are set up for it in every way. Great experience. I would go back.
Posted By: NTO

Re: Has anyone Hunted Africa - 11/19/17 02:27 AM

For your first safari I would say South Africa. I have hunted all parts and the eastern cape is the best imho.
Remember you get what you pay for cheaper is not always better especially in SA. Any outfit will get you those species but quality varies.
Posted By: Txhunter65

Re: Has anyone Hunted Africa - 11/19/17 04:00 AM

Can't go wrong with Limcroma. I took all three of the species you want and several more. Wonderful people made the trip what it was!
Posted By: TxHunter80

Re: Has anyone Hunted Africa - 11/19/17 12:03 PM

I went last year to Limpopo and am looking to go back in 2019. I chose to book with a US based outfitter that handled everything and went also. It was nice having someone in the states help walk me through everything but I would be fine handling it all next time. I plan to go back with the same outfitter but would like to hunt the Eastern Cape eventually. As mentioned, Africahunting.com is a great resource. You need to figure what is important to you besides the species. Budget, accommodations, trophy quality, size of hunting area, game fencing, and extra flights, distance from airports, and vaccines are things to consider. There's no way around it, it's a long trip to Johannesburg. Many places will require another flight after an overnight stay, which takes more time and money. I would plan on hunting at least 7 days.
Posted By: EddieWalker

Re: Has anyone Hunted Africa - 11/19/17 04:49 PM

The main two countries for those animals are South Africa and Namibia. While you can get monsters in each country, Namibia is going to have a lot more really good kudu and gemsbok then South Africa. I know that some guys will disagree with me on this, but having been to both countries, meeting dozens of outfitters from both countries, hanging out as SCI with dozens of outfitters from there, I feel that I'm on pretty solid ground recommending Namibia over South Africa.

When I went, I went with Peter Clausen of Okosongoro http://okosongoro.com/game-hunting-safari-namibia/

They had around 30,000 acres high fenced, and another 45,000 acres low fenced. I shot my 52 inch kudu on the low fence land on the 4th or 5th day and saw a 56 inch bull a couple days later on more of the low fenced land. I shot my 35 inch gemsbok on the last day after working really hard on a 42 inch bull that was just unbelievable to see, even if we only saw him for seconds at a time. My buddy shot a 38 inch bull on the first day, and we saw dozens that would be right at or just under 40 inches.

Since going, I know of 4 friends who also went there and did really well. One went back every other year until he passed away last year.

At SCI, we would all go out to dinner together with half a dozen other Namibia outfitters. They all know each other, and they all seem to be good friends. Most of them do not own the land they hunt on, but Peter does. His grandfather started the ranch and it's been handed down to him from his father. From what I've seen and those I've gotten to know, they are all great guys and you probably wouldn't have a bad hunt with any of them. If you chose somebody other then Peter, just be sure that they have been around awhile and it's not some new startup. I think that's where people get into trouble.

Posted By: doggit

Re: Has anyone Hunted Africa - 11/19/17 07:27 PM

Just DONT go with or use BARRY BURCHELL (Fronteir Safaris). Wont go into details (too long) but google his name if you want to know why I'm saying NOT to use him! I'm one that got burned by him. Get's my blood pumping every year at DSC when I STILL see his booth after knowing how he has screwed so many hunters! And now I see he has Craig Boddington supporting him. Guess ol' Boddington just needs a FREE hunt and he'll do or say anything for you.
Posted By: SpiralHorn

Re: Has anyone Hunted Africa - 11/19/17 08:04 PM

Have been on at least a dozen African Safaris - taken just about all of Southern African Plainsgame and quite a few DG. But there is nothing like the excitement of a first safari - everything is on the menu. You池e already doing few things right. First, decide on the highly desired species. It always worked best for me to the choose the hunting method, and the area that offer the best trophy quality for those species. Finally get advise on Safari Operators from folks who have been a bunch of times with different outfitters. For the game you listed I壇 recommend either Namibia or the Limpopo Province (biggest Kudu and Impala in RSA). There are many quality outfitters with their own land and camps, but others who just buy quota from others.
I can recommend Dumukwa Safaris in South Africa and Namibia Safari Company without hesitation.
Posted By: Blank

Re: Has anyone Hunted Africa - 11/19/17 08:58 PM

Five trips over there so far, to Namibia, RSA, and Zimbabwe. Most of the plains game (except sable and roan), and elephant, buffalo, and leopard of the DG.

Re: Has anyone Hunted Africa - 11/20/17 03:45 PM

thanks guys for all your input. Now i've got a lot to think about.
Posted By: Jeffpg

Re: Has anyone Hunted Africa - 11/20/17 09:20 PM

I worked in Africa for 4 years and during that time I made several trips on safari each year, sometimes hopping from country to country, and/or outfitter to outfitter. I often hunted as much as 40 days straight and 50+ days per quarter. During this time I visited many different properties and got to know a lot of PH's who helped me to learn a lot about hunting the dark continent and all of the many different things that make it such a unique experience.

Of all my trips, none stand out more than the ones I made with Bossie Mostart of LBGS in South African. The abundance of huntable game and the variety of species found in the Limpopo province is unparalleled by anywhere else I've hunted. Bossie's knowledge of his hunting areas and his enthusiasm for the hunt are only surpassed by his willingness to listen to what you seek in a safari and work hard to deliver on your requests.

Bossie has some very nice packages posted here in multiple threads, and will customize a package for you if you wish. He's easy to work with and even more fun to hunt with. I plan to return next year to take advantage of some newly acquired hunting properties and I can assist you with any booking/payment needs.

http://texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/6927688/1
Posted By: postoak

Re: Has anyone Hunted Africa - 11/20/17 10:59 PM

Go join africahunting.com.
Posted By: Chaz391

Re: Has anyone Hunted Africa - 11/21/17 01:44 PM

I hunted SA Nov 1-10 this year. Mike Jones with Ka Maoto Safaris is an awesome booking agent and will walk you through step by step from booking the flight, to gun paperwork, to anything else. I experiances a good from start to finish. Look him up on Facebook.

Re: Has anyone Hunted Africa - 11/21/17 03:02 PM

Originally Posted By: postoak
Go join africahunting.com.

This is a good source for information and research, but not so much on good prices. Sometimes there are some great deal over there on last minute hunts, but if you are looking for a deal, you have to know your prices. It's kind of like going to an auction and after buying something used, learning that you paid more then if you had bought it brand new.

Something else to think about when looking for an outfitter is what type of experience to you want to have? There are family own farms where you stay with the owners of the farm, eat with them, and hunt with them on their land. You are the only hunter there. You get to know the area, visit with their neighbors and go to town with them if you want. This is what I like. My wife and I spent the middle of a day during our hunt watching out outfitters son play in a rugby match in South Africa. After getting all of our animals, we drove off to the beach and had an amazing time finding seashells. It's not just the getting your trophies, it's about having fun and experiencing as much as possible while you are there.

Some outfitters have a nice camp, but very little land, so they hunt all over the place depending on what you want. This can be fun too, but you should know this before booking the hunt.

Then there are the big name operations where you stay at a lodge with other hunters and you are assigned a guide. His job is to take care of you and get you your animals. You never know who else will be there, or how many people you will be dealing with who also want the same animals that you do. If they have bratty kids, an annoying spouse or the other hunters are just not who you want to hang out with.
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Has anyone Hunted Africa - 11/21/17 03:18 PM

Originally Posted By: EddieWalker
...or the other hunters are just not who you want to hang out with.

The more money you spend on a hunt, the greater the chance you're gonna meet some eccentric, and sometimes plain weird, other hunters. 'Goes for here, in the States too.

Re: Has anyone Hunted Africa - 11/21/17 04:15 PM

You must be talking about the people that spend 10K for two days of hunting to shot one whitetail deer.

Originally Posted By: Creekrunner
Originally Posted By: EddieWalker
...or the other hunters are just not who you want to hang out with.

The more money you spend on a hunt, the greater the chance you're gonna meet some eccentric, and sometimes plain weird, other hunters. 'Goes for here, in the States too.
Posted By: cliffie

Re: Has anyone Hunted Africa - 11/22/17 04:54 AM

Have been 5 times. Lots of good suggestions here.
South Africa- a mix of "smaller" high fence put and take operations (kinda like trout fishing where they stock the lake, you catch the fish and they stock some more). You still have to hunt then however to large free range operations. Some are like caribou hunts with many hunters in camp to "your the only hunter there" (what we like). You can have great hunts for a good price on high fence just be sure nothing is smaller than 5000 acres as an absolute bottom size.

Namibia- "mainly" wide open spaces mostly free range, what walks through or is local is hunted. We like Namibia the best but have had great hunts in SA.
Africahunting.com has some great folks on the board. accuratereloading can get real "rough" in the replys.

Plan on hunting more animals than you think you will. I went the first time wanting 8 and came home with 13! Bring extra money (no cashiers checks anymore and remember the $10,000 limit with Customs unless you declare it)

Taxidermy can be as much as your hunt. Think about it real well. Good pictures or even white skulls can be god alternatives. Think ahead, where ya gonna put all those heads? My problem now with 30+.

Re: Has anyone Hunted Africa - 11/22/17 03:51 PM

I made sure with my outfitter that I could pay with plastic when I went. His wife has a business in town that accepts credit and debit cards. There was nothing at the ranch.

My Debit card has a limit on it, so I used my Visa card to pay my bill and then paid it off when I got home. Just be sure to tell you card company that you will be out of the country, and what country you will be using your card in so it doesn't get flagged as fraud. I also told them to expect a large charge to the card on the last day that I would be there. I did have some cash with me for tips and shopping. I think it was around $2,000 cash.

Posted By: sparrish8

Re: Has anyone Hunted Africa - 11/22/17 06:29 PM

Another vote for Limcroma Safaris, hunted with them this July and they were top notch all the way.
Posted By: Kingsview Safaris

Re: Has anyone Hunted Africa - 11/29/17 06:24 PM

We will be happy to assist in any possible. Any questions or even if you would like to chat about hunting in South Africa, you welcome to get in touch with us.

Good luck on the planning, hope you come right.
Posted By: artofficial

Re: Has anyone Hunted Africa - 12/05/17 01:27 AM

I hunted with Theron Africa Safaris in April. Absolutely epic. Shot 7 animals, only the zebra with a gun, the rest with bow.

Posted By: JacobHerman

Re: Has anyone Hunted Africa - 12/14/17 04:06 AM

I went with Africa Sport Safari the first time on a budget hunt. Food great, great price, and fun guide.

Second time with Wild Wildebeest, Jacque Kellerman was my PH. Great guy and great hunt. Gold Eiland.

This year im going to Port Elizabeth with Andri Fox. Booked with Russel Selles.

If you are in Texas go to DSC and meet with the people directly.
Posted By: QMC SW/EXW

Re: Has anyone Hunted Africa - 12/14/17 01:04 PM

I've done RSA, Zim and Cameroon where I took a 32 inch Roan.
Posted By: Bubinga

Re: Has anyone Hunted Africa - 12/15/17 10:10 PM

We have been twice to RSA and going back next year for Cape Buffalo. I highly recommend Matlabas Game Hunters. The hunting is great and the hospitality is phenomenal.
Posted By: darrack

Re: Has anyone Hunted Africa - 12/23/17 01:34 AM

call Jono with Kingsview Safaris. I have been and will be going back in 19. He cares about family and the experience of the hunt. I took my wife who doesnt hunt and she loved every minute of it. He will take care of you and work with you on your budget.
Posted By: venator ne

Re: Has anyone Hunted Africa - 12/25/17 05:57 PM

Double on Barry. I can't believe he is still in business. He sent me the wrong trophies. Beware.
Posted By: Phantom

Re: Has anyone Hunted Africa - 12/27/17 02:00 AM

I would use mbogo safaries or Coronga Safaris. Tell them what you want to do and they will work out a price for you. I have been there 6 times. I love Africa
Posted By: Firehuntfish

Re: Has anyone Hunted Africa - 12/27/17 02:09 PM

There are many of reputable African outfitters that will provide a good experience for you. That said, there are a lot of different experiences to be had. You need to do your research and find an outfit that can meet or exceed the goals and expectations you have for the type of safari that you are looking for. Some are small, "Mom & Pop" outfits that will provide a very personal, intimate safari but may be limited in size and species, while others are better suited logistically to handle couples, families, or large groups on safari. The region you choose can also dictate the species available and the travel time necessary to get to your destination. All of these are important factors to consider.

I have hunted 4 countries and all of the provinces of South Africa. In 6 safaris, my last 4 have been with Limcroma Safaris based in the Limpopo province of South Africa. For the overall value, quality & quantity of trophy species available, and amount of property to hunt, Limcroma is second to none in my opinion. Hannes Els and his staff are just plain nice, down to earth folks that will treat you like royalty regardless of whether you are on a budget safari or hunting the Big 5. Feel free to pm if you want a more detailed reference.

Re: Has anyone Hunted Africa - 12/27/17 02:16 PM

OP hasn't been on here since 11/21. I sent him a PM, that he read, and didn't get diddly for a response. 'Must not need that much help.
Posted By: LBG Safaris

Re: Has anyone Hunted Africa - 01/06/18 08:37 PM

Originally Posted By: Creekrunner
OP hasn't been on here since 11/21. I sent him a PM, that he read, and didn't get diddly for a response. 'Must not need that much help.

+1
Posted By: BMD

Re: Has anyone Hunted Africa - 01/10/18 03:21 AM

Originally Posted By: Jgraider
Been there 4 times, once to SA, 3 times to Namibia. I'll take Namibia any day over the generally small (except for E Cape) high fence places in SA. Kowas Safaris is second to none.

Headed to eastern cape and then Kalahari leave 6/10

Re: Has anyone Hunted Africa - 01/10/18 03:26 AM

Who are you hunting with BMD? I'd love to hunt the E Cape myself.

Re: Has anyone Hunted Africa - 01/10/18 03:55 AM

Who are you hunting with BMD? I'd love to hunt the E Cape myself.

Pm sent

Re: Has anyone Hunted Africa - 01/10/18 02:37 PM

Originally Posted By: BMD
[quote=Jgraider]Been there 4 times, once to SA, 3 times to Namibia. I'll take Namibia any day over the generally small (except for E Cape) high fence places in SA.

Generally small high fenced areas in RSA... ? What province did you hunt? Who was the outfitter? Not to offend, but it sounds like you hunted with the wrong one... There are lots of outfitters in the RSA to avoided for sure... Unfortunately, many do not own their own property, while more still arrange for "day hunts" on various game farms which they do not own themselves. But, there are still many excellent outfits in all provinces of the RSA outside of the East Cape that offer HUGE concessions (10-25K acres contiguously) for their guests to hunt with naturally propagated herds in a completely fair chase environment. References and research...I cannot emphasize that enough..

Re: Has anyone Hunted Africa - 01/10/18 04:19 PM

Well, BMD has been around, and so have I in SA. Most everything I've researched in the Limpopo, NW Province, etc has been small, high fenced places that remind you mainly of the TX Hill Country. I hear the E Cape has much larger properties. I also learned that the term "free range" is used very often by SA outfitters even though their properties are smaller, high fences. The vast majority of SA game ranches are put and take as well, regardless of what they say. Their rational is that most of the game can jump the fence anyway, so they call it free range.

Re: Has anyone Hunted Africa - 01/10/18 06:05 PM

Well, BMD has been around, and so have I in SA. Most everything I've researched in the Limpopo, NW Province, etc has been small, high fenced places that remind you mainly of the TX Hill Country. I hear the E Cape has much larger properties. I also learned that the term "free range" is used very often by SA outfitters even though their properties are smaller, high fences. The vast majority of SA game ranches are put and take as well, regardless of what they say. Their rational is that most of the game can jump the fence anyway, so they call it free range.

Very true!

Re: Has anyone Hunted Africa - 01/10/18 10:04 PM

[quote=Jgraider]Well, BMD has been around, and so have I in SA. Most everything I've researched in the Limpopo, NW Province, etc has been small, high fenced places that remind you mainly of the TX Hill Country. I hear the E Cape has much larger properties. I also learned that the term "free range" is used very often by SA outfitters even though their properties are smaller, high fences. The vast majority of SA game ranches are put and take as well, regardless of what they say. Their rational is that most of the game can jump the fence anyway, so they call it free range.

I have hunted 6 African countries and all the provinces of RSA multiple times, so I guess you could say I've been around a bit myself... smile There are pros and cons with every Africa destination in my experiences, but to generalize about RSA as you have above is simply not a fair representation based on my time spent there with multiple outfitters over the years. There unfortunately are some who run put & take operations mostly on the smaller properties, but there are just as many outfits that have exceptional properties offering fantastic safaris.... I would be happy to recommend several options of outfitters in the RSA who run exceptional operations who own huge concessions if anyone is interested.

It sounds like you had a bad experience with your one visit there, and you are harboring some sour grapes? I am truly sorry if that was the case. It sucks to be mislead and disappointed by a salesman's BS... Regardless, don't fool yourself into thinking that outfitters who misrepresent what they can offer in terms of property size, trophy quality, or whatever, is unique to RSA. There are plenty of those all over, and not just in Africa.
Posted By: Txhunter65

Re: Has anyone Hunted Africa - 01/11/18 12:45 AM

I知 interested and would love to hear some references of some quality outfitters as I知 looking at going again in May of 2019.

Re: Has anyone Hunted Africa - 01/11/18 04:50 AM

Originally Posted By: Firehuntfish
[quote=Jgraider]Well, BMD has been around, and so have I in SA. Most everything I've researched in the Limpopo, NW Province, etc has been small, high fenced places that remind you mainly of the TX Hill Country. I hear the E Cape has much larger properties. I also learned that the term "free range" is used very often by SA outfitters even though their properties are smaller, high fences. The vast majority of SA game ranches are put and take as well, regardless of what they say. Their rational is that most of the game can jump the fence anyway, so they call it free range.

I have hunted 6 African countries and all the provinces of RSA multiple times, so I guess you could say I've been around a bit myself... smile There are pros and cons with every Africa destination in my experiences, but to generalize about RSA as you have above is simply not a fair representation based on my time spent there with multiple outfitters over the years. There unfortunately are some who run put & take operations mostly on the smaller properties, but there are just as many outfits that have exceptional properties offering fantastic safaris.... I would be happy to recommend several options of outfitters in the RSA who run exceptional operations who own huge concessions if anyone is interested.

It sounds like you had a bad experience with your one visit there, and you are harboring some sour grapes? I am truly sorry if that was the case. It sucks to be mislead and disappointed by a salesman's BS... Regardless, don't fool yourself into thinking that outfitters who misrepresent what they can offer in terms of property size, trophy quality, or whatever, is unique to RSA. There are plenty of those all over, and not just in Africa.

Why is that quoted as if I wrote that? There is a lot of good and bad all over Africa

Re: Has anyone Hunted Africa - 01/11/18 07:12 PM

Originally Posted By: Txhunter65
I知 interested and would love to hear some references of some quality outfitters as I知 looking at going again in May of 2019.

Hello Txhunter65... PM sent...

Re: Has anyone Hunted Africa - 01/11/18 07:20 PM

Originally Posted By: Txhunter65

If you're interested in Zimbabwe, pm me. I know a couple of very reputable PHs.

Re: Has anyone Hunted Africa - 01/11/18 07:37 PM

[/quote]

Why is that quoted as if I wrote that? There is a lot of good and bad all over Africa [/quote]

BMD,

I wasn't quoting you.... JGRaider was... You did however, reply to his post as "Very true". In any event, everyone is entitled to give their opinion. Hopefully, those opinions are based on broad experience and not one single event. My goal with any post is always to provide folks with the most accurate information that I can based on my personal experiences. And, in my experiences, what JG was suggesting is not accurate in my opinion. Folks reading these posts can weigh out all of the opinions and come to their own conclusions. I only try to pay it forward just as a few very knowledgeable, experienced folks did for me back when I was planning my first safari....

Re: Has anyone Hunted Africa - 01/11/18 10:03 PM

Originally Posted By: Firehuntfish

Why is that quoted as if I wrote that? There is a lot of good and bad all over Africa [/quote]

BMD,

I wasn't quoting you.... JGRaider was... You did however, reply to his post as "Very true". In any event, everyone is entitled to give their opinion. Hopefully, those opinions are based on broad experience and not one single event. My goal with any post is always to provide folks with the most accurate information that I can based on my personal experiences. And, in my experiences, what JG was suggesting is not accurate in my opinion. Folks reading these posts can weigh out all of the opinions and come to their own conclusions. I only try to pay it forward just as a few very knowledgeable, experienced folks did for me back when I was planning my first safari.... [/quote]

Likewise. The big problem when planning your first safari is that you don't know what you don't know. Often times you don't even know the appropriate questions to ask.
Posted By: DavidC.

Re: Has anyone Hunted Africa - 01/12/18 02:19 AM

Stay in the Great state of Texas! Too much game here on this continent to go anyplace else, even great fire pits!
DC
Posted By: syncerus

Re: Has anyone Hunted Africa - 01/12/18 03:18 AM

Originally Posted By: D. Cavaretta
Stay in the Great state of Texas! Too much game here on this continent to go anyplace else, even great fire pits!
DC

LOL! I love Texas, but there is a very wide world outside the borders of the Lone Star state. Don't miss out on a good thing. Hunt Africa with a reputable outfitter and see something new.
Posted By: DavidC.

Re: Has anyone Hunted Africa - 01/12/18 01:22 PM

up

Re: Has anyone Hunted Africa - 01/12/18 02:20 PM

Originally Posted By: D. Cavaretta
DC

I love TX too. I have lived in several different states and TX reigns supreme IMO. However, the prices being charged in TX for African game are beyond ridiculous.

Re: Has anyone Hunted Africa - 01/13/18 11:46 PM

I get that but a majority of SA especially Limpopo is smaller properties and I have no problem with how someone wants to hunt. In my opinion Namibia is huge wide open space and much more quality of a hunt than SA with that said great peoplein SA just different. Now going to eastern cape much more free range and larger properties in general. To each his own but JH Raider is correct in his statement. There are exceptions to everything.

Re: Has anyone Hunted Africa - 01/14/18 12:22 AM

Perspective:

Posted By: StraitShot

Re: Has anyone Hunted Africa - 01/14/18 11:23 PM

This is a great thread. Exactly what I was looking for to get started and I'm not even the op. up
Posted By: Kingsview Safaris

Re: Has anyone Hunted Africa - 01/15/18 01:36 PM

Hi there William,

Did you manage to come right with an Outfitter?

Re: Has anyone Hunted Africa - 01/16/18 01:09 PM

Originally Posted By: StraitShot
This is a great thread. Exactly what I was looking for to get started and I'm not even the op. up

Have any questions feel free to pm
Posted By: Juan Stander

Re: Has anyone Hunted Africa - 01/21/18 05:27 AM

Hi all.

I see a lot of interest in the Eastern Cape here. Have a look at LJ Safaris we hunt some quality properties in the Eastern Cape and have access to self sustaining herds. For example our karoo area is 70 000 acres, one property with big herds of Eland, Blue Wildebeest, Black Wildebeest, Gemsbuck and many more, all herds of a few hundred animals some even coming close to a thousand or just over. PM me if anyone wants more info.

Kind Regards
Juan Stander
Posted By: postoak

Re: Has anyone Hunted Africa - 02/14/18 02:42 PM

I wouldn't restrict myself to a certain area because of them having small properties. Every area has small properties and most areas have larger ones. By small property I mean 1000 - 5000 acreas.

For your first trip, I wouldn't worry about that anyway. Even on a small property you will have a great deal of fun because it will all be new to you and if money is tight then hunting these might be the best way to go.

On each subsequent hunt you'll get pickier (and rightly so) about how you hunt.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum