Texas Hunting Forum

help me to score this axis

Posted By: JOBK

help me to score this axis - 07/18/17 03:00 AM

I just started feeding on my small acreage disappointed with quality

whitetail but surprised with the axis deer, just curious to know his score ..thanks
Posted By: TexFlip

Re: help me to score this axis - 07/18/17 03:21 AM

The one in the first two pics would go high silver maybe low gold if it's free range. Looks to be over 30" on mains and plenty wide. Third pic different deer and not nearly as nice and is a younger buck. Forth pic may be same as first and second but could be a different deer. He is also a nice buck.

Re: help me to score this axis - 07/18/17 03:45 AM

Thanks TexFlip, They all are free range , Here is the first game picture on after I made fence around the feeder to protect from cattle and hog but still struggling with Racoon.

Thanks again.
Posted By: el_cazador713

Re: help me to score this axis - 07/18/17 03:51 AM

Good looking deer, the first being your best probably pushing 33" or so. Good mass and wide, he'll be upper silver for sure. Nice to see axis regardless of horn size as they taste so good. Best of luck and let us know when you ground check one! texas
Posted By: HCHunter28

Re: help me to score this axis - 07/18/17 05:52 AM

I see bronze, maybe low silver. Silver starts at 136 2/8th.

I see this-
31 inch main beams, 25 inch spread, 8 inch brows, 5 inch seconds and 20 inches of mass =133
Posted By: don k

Re: help me to score this axis - 07/18/17 12:02 PM

Congrats. JOBK on getting your own place.

Re: help me to score this axis - 07/19/17 02:26 AM

Thank you all .. I will update if anything big showed up... Don K, Really enjoying with own property, still learning how to manage ..
Posted By: don k

Re: help me to score this axis - 07/19/17 11:59 AM

Originally Posted By: JOBK
Thank you all .. I will update if anything big showed up... Don K, Really enjoying with own property, still learning how to manage ..
Looks like you are doing a very good job at it.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum