Texas Hunting Forum

Exotic Game Meat for Sale in/near Dallas

Posted By: TonyinVA

Exotic Game Meat for Sale in/near Dallas - 05/16/17 03:29 PM

In late April I took my son (who lives in Dallas) on a hunt with me where the outfitter (Jamey Dilley) was nice enough to bring some game meat (bison, elk & ostrich) and we also ate the back straps out of my ram.....and on a prior hunt he had eaten Oryx.

So now he'd like to find a place to purchase some meat for himself and to share with his friends. I see this as a good thing!

Are there any processors/stores in or near Dallas that sell venison from bison, elk and/or exotics? I did a quick internet search and nothing jumped out in the DFW area.

Thanks in advance for any leads.
Posted By: krmitchell

Re: Exotic Game Meat for Sale in/near Dallas - 05/16/17 04:22 PM

You should set him up on an axis doe hunt and get it processed. Will be cheaper and more fun than buying anything from a retail operation.
Posted By: texaswildlife

Re: Exotic Game Meat for Sale in/near Dallas - 05/16/17 10:18 PM

Pm sent

Re: Exotic Game Meat for Sale in/near Dallas - 05/17/17 03:56 AM

Originally Posted By: rexmitchell
You should set him up on an axis doe hunt and get it processed. Will be cheaper and more fun than buying anything from a retail operation.

Thought about that but he is just looking for a place close to DFW to purchase some steaks from different animals. Figured there had to be a place that sold bison and possibly elk
Posted By: BMag

Re: Exotic Game Meat for Sale in/near Dallas - 05/17/17 12:09 PM

Tell him to check HEB for bison steaks. My local HEB Plus carries them on occasion, and I buy them over beef when they have them.
Posted By: trapperben

Re: Exotic Game Meat for Sale in/near Dallas - 05/17/17 09:06 PM

If there are sprouts there they carry game meat. Mostly ground but may have steaks/roasts. Bit far off but there was a store in Eden that sold axis meat.
Posted By: sparrish8

Re: Exotic Game Meat for Sale in/near Dallas - 05/18/17 05:40 PM

Theres a sprouts in keller
Posted By: TexasTURhunter

Re: Exotic Game Meat for Sale in/near Dallas - 05/18/17 07:03 PM

I think Cinnamon Creek near FT worth sells meat. I had a bison processed there. They did an excellent job. Jalapeno smoked sausage was the best I've ever had (even better than woodbury's)
Posted By: SherpaPhil

Re: Exotic Game Meat for Sale in/near Dallas - 05/19/17 03:03 PM

Central Market carries elk, bison and ostrich. You can usually find fresh bison, but the elk and ostrich are frozen.

Re: Exotic Game Meat for Sale in/near Dallas - 05/19/17 09:13 PM

Guy,
Thanks for all the leads. Appreciate all the help.
Posted By: Dink Dodger

Re: Exotic Game Meat for Sale in/near Dallas - 05/20/17 04:02 AM

Market Street stores also usually have bison ribeyes and ground bison
Posted By: AmerMirza

Re: Exotic Game Meat for Sale in/near Dallas - 05/28/17 10:29 AM

Pay for my hunt and I will get it processed for you. smile
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum