Texas Hunting Forum

Fulfilling a childhood dream.

Posted By: the lab

Fulfilling a childhood dream. - 11/18/16 05:52 AM

I booked a hunt for January with a dear friend and hunting partner to hunt whitetail. We booked with Ryan Longer of Longers Outdoors. I was always looking forward to the hunt but it was just a vacation and not a fulfilment of a boyhood dream. Well that changed, about a week ago. My hunting partner is still going but he is not sure he will be hunting. This was his hunt and I was along for the ride. When he decided he may not even hunt I changed gears.

Let me backtrack for a moment, when I was a very young boy, I lived with my grandparents. My grandfather and I would spend days at our local trap range and they had a stunning bosons mount hanging in the lodge over the fireplace. I dreamed of someday hunt bison....this was many years before I took my first deer. Sadly years passes, as they do, and that boys dream never came to fruition.

That is about to change. I took the reigns and talked to Ryan Longer, I will be hunting my "white whale". To say I am excited would be an understatement. The fact that I will be able to share (at least the story and the photos, if not the time in the field) with my grandparents, before they are called home makes this even more special. I know that in the world of hunting bison are not the most challenging, but this is a true blessing to finally be able to achieve something that has held a place in my heart for 30 plus years.
Posted By: JKC

Re: Fulfilling a childhood dream. - 11/18/16 03:12 PM

up
Posted By: elephantman

Re: Fulfilling a childhood dream. - 11/22/16 03:55 AM

Can't wait to see!
Posted By: chital_shikari

Re: Fulfilling a childhood dream. - 11/22/16 05:21 AM

up
Posted By: Elkhunter49

Re: Fulfilling a childhood dream. - 11/22/16 11:51 AM

Good Luck on your hunt!! deer2
Posted By: HCH Outfitter

Re: Fulfilling a childhood dream. - 11/25/16 07:44 AM

Sounds exciting Lab! Hope you will share stories & pix!! I met Ryan a few months ago.... You are going to have a great hunt!
Diane
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum