Texas Hunting Forum

New purchase

Posted By: don k

New purchase - 09/09/16 11:46 PM

Today I went to Round Mountain and picked up a Kid Nubian Ibex from Lance Clawson AKA Caveman Wildlife. This is the third one I have gotten from him. I have been getting one every 2 years so that I don't get any inbreeding in my Ibex. I have learned that it pays to get good stock if you really want to make a go of it in raising quality animals. I learned years ago it doesn't cost any more to feed a quality animal as it does an inferior one. The initial purchase will be more but the selling price will more than make up for it. Lance is a very knowledgeable person and does not hesitate sharing that with you. He has helped me tremendously on raising Ibex. It is impossible to tell as a kid what the Ibex will turn out to look like when grown. When getting one from him you don't have to worry. The amount I now sell mine for has gone up 500% since I started using a male from him. This may sound like a "Caveman Wildlife" commercial but it just maybe some day be some help to those that may want to try to raise some type of exotic. Get good quality animals and have fun doing it. Thanks Lance
Posted By: BowsnRods

Re: New purchase - 09/10/16 12:29 AM

Congrats Don on your new addition!
Posted By: Curtis

Re: New purchase - 09/10/16 12:32 AM

Nice! They should be good people to deal with from what I know of them. Any pics of the new blood?
Posted By: mulie_mike

Re: New purchase - 09/10/16 12:40 AM

Lance is a good guy
Posted By: Elkhunter49

Re: New purchase - 09/10/16 12:12 PM

That's some solid advice Don, thanks for sharing. How about a couple pics of the young guy?
Posted By: EddieWalker

Re: New purchase - 09/10/16 02:13 PM

Thanks for the good advice.

Re: New purchase - 09/10/16 03:22 PM

Doing good. Fighting with the other kids already.
Posted By: kdkane1971

Re: New purchase - 09/10/16 05:10 PM

And showing you his blow hole

Re: New purchase - 09/10/16 08:21 PM

Good looking young fella. Well done Don. up

Re: New purchase - 09/10/16 08:52 PM

Here is one I bought from him 2 years ago as a kid. Using him this year as a breeder.

Re: New purchase - 09/10/16 11:17 PM

Handsome fella Don, I bet the ladies love him! cheers
Posted By: Erny

Re: New purchase - 09/10/16 11:37 PM

Man that is a good looking fellow!!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum