Texas Hunting Forum

How Big Will a Hill Country Audad Get

Posted By: TexFlip

How Big Will a Hill Country Audad Get - 09/07/16 11:28 PM

Got a small herd on trail cam. Can't load the pics for some reason. Look like ewes or immature rams. I know they grow to be monsters out west but not sure about around here. Do they get as big in the western Hill Country? This is the first time we've seen any here in almost 25 years.
Posted By: mulie_mike

Re: How Big Will a Hill Country Audad Get - 09/07/16 11:42 PM

I hunt them south of Ozona and Sonora Texas and in that general area and we harvest 30"+ rams regularly with
a few 35"+ taken each year.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: How Big Will a Hill Country Audad Get - 09/07/16 11:46 PM

With age they can get big. It takes them a long time to grow big anywhere they live.
Posted By: Chief Joe

Re: How Big Will a Hill Country Audad Get - 09/08/16 12:53 AM

Originally Posted By: mulie_mike
I hunt them south of Ozona and Sonora Texas and in that general area and we harvest 30"+ rams regularly with
a few 35"+ taken each year.
up
Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: How Big Will a Hill Country Audad Get - 09/08/16 01:35 AM

Originally Posted By: stxranchman
With age they can get big. It takes them a long time to grow big anywhere they live.

I've seen just as big of Rams in the hill country as I have anywhere else
Posted By: rbw1

Re: How Big Will a Hill Country Audad Get - 09/08/16 04:07 AM

Yes sir they get big south tx ,hill country, out west all they gotta do is live long enough and have the genetics to do so.
Posted By: Eland Slayer

Re: How Big Will a Hill Country Audad Get - 09/08/16 04:36 PM

Doesn't matter where they live....it's all about age. In fact, I have seen MANY MANY more huge Aoudad from the Hill Country than from West Texas. There have been 35"+ Aoudad taken in every corner of the state though (including East Texas).
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum