Texas Hunting Forum

Self guided Audad sheep hunt

Posted By: Billy Portwood

Self guided Audad sheep hunt - 07/25/16 06:52 PM

New to the forum here and my buddy and I are wanting to do a self guided Audad sheep hunt in the Terlingua area this winter. I just moved back home to Texas after 13 years being stationed in Alaska. I got the regs down pat for Alaska but have don't recall all of the regulations for Texas hunting, applications, drawings etc. my buddy will have to get an out of state license but any suggestions, tips on areas would be greatly appreciated. Wife and I just spent a few nights in that area. Man, some beautiful country. I didn't get a chance to check out the Solitario region, but heard that that's a good place to start.
Posted By: buck wild

Re: Self guided Audad sheep hunt - 07/25/16 07:14 PM

check with mulie mike on here- he has some self guided trips. As I'm sure you know Texas is 97% private land and the state/fed land is controlled by a drawing system. You just can't stop at the end of the road and hike out smile
Posted By: Chunky Dunk

Re: Self guided Audad sheep hunt - 07/25/16 07:15 PM

+1 for Mulie Mike, he is a good outfitter and works with you to get you what you want.
Posted By: kdkane1971

Re: Self guided Audad sheep hunt - 07/25/16 08:03 PM

Originally Posted By: Chunky Dunk
+1 for Mulie Mike, he is a good outfitter and works with you to get you what you want.
Posted By: Erny

Re: Self guided Audad sheep hunt - 07/25/16 08:10 PM

Welcome to the forum welcome
Posted By: mulie_mike

Re: Self guided Audad sheep hunt - 07/25/16 10:35 PM

I have what you are looking for and might be able to do something this winter
www.westtexashunt.com
Posted By: huntin4fun

Re: Self guided Audad sheep hunt - 07/26/16 07:23 PM

Mulie Mike will be your go to guy for Aoudad. I have done both guided and self guided hunts with him and without a doubt would book with him again.
Posted By: huntin4fun

Re: Self guided Audad sheep hunt - 07/26/16 07:25 PM

This was my last hunt with him (self guided)
Posted By: MarkE

Re: Self guided Audad sheep hunt - 07/26/16 07:39 PM

Originally Posted By: buck wild
check with mulie mike on here- he has some self guided trips. As I'm sure you know Texas is 97% private land and the state/fed land is controlled by a drawing system. You just can't stop at the end of the road and hike out smile

Correct. In Alaska, you may only be limited the amount of time you can spend hunting during a given season. Here, you are pretty much just limited to how much money you are willing to spend as the opportunities are endless.
Posted By: JKC

Re: Self guided Audad sheep hunt - 07/27/16 02:04 PM

Mulie Mike
Posted By: Billy Portwood

Re: Self guided Audad sheep hunt - 07/27/16 06:20 PM

Right on guys, emailed Mike about it. That's the thing I loved about Alaska. You can hunt about every species without paying a dime out of pocket besides license, tags, fuel etc. so many (Harvest areas), there was never a dull moment. Glad to be back home in Texas, gotta get back into the rhythm of thousands gas down here again. Appreciate the info!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum