Texas Hunting Forum

THANKS MULIE_MIKE

Posted By: ETXHUNT

THANKS MULIE_MIKE - 07/12/16 06:22 PM

We had a great hunt with West Texas Hunt org (Mulie Mike) and his guide Tyler! I booked an Axis Doe hunt for my Dad, 2 Brother in Law’s and myself. We got up to Sonora on Friday and met Tyler around 3pm and headed straight to the ranch. Got unpacked and headed out to the blinds. First evening was hot but good to be in the woods! Saw a bunch a deer but not the “one” I was looking for. Saturday morning, we were in the blinds before first light and as soon as the sky got grey with the first light the deer were moving! I counted 5 Axis bucks, a handful of turkey, jack rabbits and whitetail doe’s. 2 of the bucks were huge and I almost called Mike to see if he had a payment plan option. Haha. The morning hunt ended and back to camp for some grub and rest. That afternoon Tyler suggested that we hunt over the water holes, Well Tyler made a great call on that! We got set up next to some trees at about 3:30 in the afternoon and at about 5:30, 3 Axis Doe’s and 1 Buck came to the water hole My Brother in Law and myself were hunting over. We let them get comfortable and decided which two we were going to shoot simultaneously and counted off 1, 2,3 (shoot) and we both ground checked our Doe’s.
Even though my Dad and other Brother in Law did not shoot a deer I wanted to brag on the guide we had. Tyler was awesome and did everything he possibly could to put us on the deer. He was very professional and knowledgeable. Will definitely book with this outfitter again!

Posted By: Chunky Dunk

Re: THANKS MULIE_MIKE - 07/12/16 06:26 PM

I have hunted that ranch with Mike this year. Looks really green. Mike is a stand up guy and I will hunt with him again.
Posted By: rickym

Re: THANKS MULIE_MIKE - 07/12/16 06:52 PM

Great story, I hope to hunt with Mike one day up
Posted By: chital_shikari

Re: THANKS MULIE_MIKE - 07/12/16 09:28 PM

Y'all sit under the trees on the left side of the pond? I had two beautiful little axis nubbin bucks right at 60yd and my dad sat there the next evening, with doe and buck 100yd out, but with an open sight gun he didn't take a chance.

Tyler is great people. He knows what he's doing, as do Mike and the rest of WTHO. Great ranch and great animals. I shot 2 doe and my dad shot 1, but our other 2 hunters similarly didn't get such luck. A real hunt. up coolpics
Posted By: Erny

Re: THANKS MULIE_MIKE - 07/13/16 01:21 AM

Congrats on your hunt. I have yet to have a bad experience or know anyone who has had a bad experience hunting with WTHO.
Posted By: JKC

Re: THANKS MULIE_MIKE - 07/13/16 02:09 AM

cheers
Posted By: ETXHUNT

Re: THANKS MULIE_MIKE - 07/13/16 08:09 PM

Originally Posted By: chital_shikari
Y'all sit under the trees on the left side of the pond? I had two beautiful little axis nubbin bucks right at 60yd and my dad sat there the next evening, with doe and buck 100yd out, but with an open sight gun he didn't take a chance.

Tyler is great people. He knows what he's doing, as do Mike and the rest of WTHO. Great ranch and great animals. I shot 2 doe and my dad shot 1, but our other 2 hunters similarly didn't get such luck. A real hunt. up coolpics

Yes Sir, if you are looking at the pond from the back road. As we were getting settled we had to clear out a snake that wanted to share the shade with us. It was a good snake and we let him go on his way, but he wasn't happy about that! haha roflmao
Posted By: Chris86

Re: THANKS MULIE_MIKE - 07/14/16 04:56 PM

Have hunted with Mike and Tyler multiple times and both are stand up guys. Look to hunt with them in the future.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum