Texas Hunting Forum

Bison/Buffalo hunt wanted

Posted By: Rttemplet

Bison/Buffalo hunt wanted - 05/06/16 08:03 PM

Anyone been on a good bison hunt? Not looking to walk up and shoot one. Want to hunt it.
Posted By: kdkane1971

Re: Bison/Buffalo hunt wanted - 05/06/16 08:41 PM

Big Iron Ranch Adventures
Mountain Home, TX

Rusty Kimbrell – (979) 229-1735

http://www.bigironranchadventures.com/
Posted By: BBD84

Re: Bison/Buffalo hunt wanted - 05/07/16 12:21 PM

No where in Texas has buffalo that run from you when they see you. They are agressive big animals that dont have much fear. We have some giants and took both mens and womens division #1 bulls for the year TGR for modern arms. If you want a giant bull we have a couple left and can hunt them anyway you would like. PM me for more info.
Posted By: Erny

Re: Bison/Buffalo hunt wanted - 05/07/16 08:18 PM

I managed to draw a free range bision tag in Wyoming a few years ago. They are not wary at all...even with the large wolf population in the area I hunted. Once you locate a good one you could pretty much walk up with 80 yards. The most challenging aspect was packing out the bision the two miles to the nearest road. If you want a challenge you will have to bow hunt one. My
2cents
Posted By: Elkhunter49

Re: Bison/Buffalo hunt wanted - 05/08/16 02:58 AM

I drew a tag for the north rim of the Grand Canyon 16 years ago. Great, great hunt. Very tough, ruggedly beautiful country. I killed a bull that I thought was an old mature bull but he aged out at only 4 years old. I didn't think I'd ever run out of bison burger. Elk
Posted By: therancher

Re: Bison/Buffalo hunt wanted - 05/08/16 01:32 PM

Originally Posted By: Rttemplet
Anyone been on a good bison hunt? Not looking to walk up and shoot one. Want to hunt it.

On bison anywhere in the world the only part that is a "hunt" is in finding them. It then becomes simply a murder. It's been that way since before the white man came. Remember, that's why it was so easy for the hide hunters to decimate the populations.
Posted By: sbyrd85

Re: Bison/Buffalo hunt wanted - 05/18/16 01:45 AM

Ox Ranch in Uvalde Tx

www.oxhuntingranch.com

Phone: (830) 275-4962
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum