Texas Hunting Forum

Outstanding Free Range Water Buck

Posted By: Pierce Trophy Hunts

Outstanding Free Range Water Buck - 04/09/16 11:34 PM

Our hunter took a fantastic water buck today on the 2nd day of his hunt. Very unique opportunity to be able to take a free range animal like this in Texas. Congratulations!
We still have Nilgai Bull hunts available, very exciting hunt on a beautiful piece of property.
piercetrophyhunts@yahoo.com
www.piercetrophyhunts.com
Posted By: NMGW

Re: Outstanding Free Range Water Buck - 04/10/16 12:05 AM

Very cool up Congrats to the hunter
Posted By: Elkhunter49

Re: Outstanding Free Range Water Buck - 04/10/16 12:22 AM

Wow that is a beast of a Waterbuck. His mass is incredible. Best Waterbuck I've ever seen! Congrats to you and your hunter!!!!!! Baker cheers
Posted By: John Humbert

Re: Outstanding Free Range Water Buck - 04/10/16 04:08 AM

Where are free range waterbuck in Texas?
Posted By: TonyinVA

Re: Outstanding Free Range Water Buck - 04/10/16 04:33 AM

Impressive. I did not know there were opportunities to hunt free range waterbuck in Texas. Congrats to all!
Posted By: NDN98

Re: Outstanding Free Range Water Buck - 04/10/16 04:46 AM

Nice Waterbuck!
Posted By: Chief Joe

Re: Outstanding Free Range Water Buck - 04/10/16 11:40 AM

Originally Posted By: John Humbert

X 2 cheers
Posted By: TxHunter80

Re: Outstanding Free Range Water Buck - 04/10/16 12:08 PM

That is a really nice waterbuck. Do you see them flourishing like nilgai did?
Posted By: Flags

Re: Outstanding Free Range Water Buck - 04/10/16 12:21 PM

Originally Posted By: John Humbert

I doubt if there are any truly free range waterbuck in TX. They are contained by a fence of some sort because they are just to valuable for someone to allow them to wander off their property for the neighbors to shoot. I've got a waterbuck about like that on my wall, but mine came from Africa.
Posted By: Pierce Trophy Hunts

Re: Outstanding Free Range Water Buck - 04/10/16 12:27 PM

We hunt on the free range portion of the Yturria Ranch. There were animals brought in years ago before they high fenced a portion of the ranch. There are now large self sustaining herds of water buck and oryx. We also see eland, kudu, lechwe, and blackbuck. Very unique opportunity to see all of this in the free range, not to mention the extremely large numbers of Nilgai.
Posted By: Red Cloud

Re: Outstanding Free Range Water Buck - 04/10/16 04:21 PM

Outstanding water buck! The Yturria certainly does have a unique hunting operation. I have hunted water buck in Zimbabwe strong, tough animals and they can be tough to put down. What was your hunter shooting? up texas
Posted By: sparrish8

Re: Outstanding Free Range Water Buck - 04/10/16 07:09 PM

Yes we saw lots probably 30-40 when we were their, and that one is a monster. The property has just a stand 3 strand barb wire fence, the neighboring ranch is King ranch
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Outstanding Free Range Water Buck - 04/10/16 07:18 PM

Beautiful, dark bull. Congratulations to the hunter and outfitter.
Posted By: Lone Cowboy

Re: Outstanding Free Range Water Buck - 04/10/16 11:14 PM

that's a beautiful animal. (in the word's of my wife upon seeing the picture "wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!")
Posted By: HardcoreCarnivore

Re: Outstanding Free Range Water Buck - 04/11/16 08:24 PM

Thank you all, this was a fantastic hunt and Brent is a great guy to get with to set you up on a hunt, we saw a extensive amount of nilgai and probably around 35 different waterbuck Bulls we looked over before this bull stepped out of the thicket by a pond to tend to some cows. I was using a 300 weatherby mag with 185 Berger bullets. When I shot him he didn't even flinch and both guide and me thought I missed but I looked at him and said I couldn't have missed, he was only 150 yards and his whole shoulder filled up the scope. Went over to where the bull went in the brush and he had only gone 100 yards and pulled up. Bull quick taped at 27 inchs long with 9 1/2 inch bases
Posted By: txgamehunterusa

Re: Outstanding Free Range Water Buck - 04/12/16 05:51 PM

When I guided on the Laureles Division there was one that a hunter shot mounted in the lodge they killed on that lease (low fence) in 2007.
Posted By: WildlifeBuyer

Re: Outstanding Free Range Water Buck - 04/13/16 06:40 PM

Wow!!! Thats Nice!!!
Posted By: passthru

Re: Outstanding Free Range Water Buck - 04/17/16 04:33 PM

That's a great animal. Congrats to the hunter.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum