Texas Hunting Forum

Beware this exotic hunting ranch in Hill country

Posted By: JOBK

Beware this exotic hunting ranch in Hill country - 02/15/16 12:57 AM

I have booked for an elk cow day hunt in last week , the ranch area is about 240 acre at present time I am not telling the name of the ranch ( still negotiating) , it classified in THF site , the price was 1150 for a cow.
When I contacted ranch owner he told 50 dollar extra he need for non hunter fee, I agreed and I paid 600 dollar deposit for booking.
I hunted there yesterday there were other two groups one father and two sons all are looking to hunt , another father and son, son was doing archery hunt , he is doing first time hunt and he was looking for a ram below 20 feet range . There is only one guide for all these groups.
Guide drop two groups in a blind at 6:00 am , we saw some hogs and ram walking close to the blind not even one is looking in to the feeder . The guide stay with the three member team, at 8:45 the guide came to my blind and requested to leave he want to clean the ram the other group shot.
We went to cleaning station; wait for his cleaning then guide told me he wants to pick up the other party for Archery hunt, he was looking for full curl Corsican ram but it was not available , then they drop one from truck for him . We wait for the guide up to 12;30 pm , I contacted owner for additional help to do hunting, he replied you are assigned for only hunt on blind. They return back at around 1:30 pm and guide went to town to buy some gasoline for the atv. Afternoon guide took we three (me and my friend and the boy is doing archery) for hunting with atv, we looked around each corner, we just saw the Corsican ram and they boy tried to chase the ram but no luck.

The guide dropped we all three groups in different blind, we all stayed up to 6:15 pm, but no luck.
The guide told me he is being working from Jan but he saw the cow elk only one time, not even reported by any past hunters about this cow. But some of them are reported they saw a red stag. When the guide saw the cow, which was with this red stag.
I have no hope that I can hunt this animal as per their right hunting schedule and setup. I requested my refund. Now the owner is telling he will not pay back any refund, yes it is in their website will not refund any deposit but website offers guaranteed shooting opportunities. “All exotic deer hunts have a “guaranteed shot opportunity”- meaning that your guide will ensure you get a shot at the exotic deer you are hunting.
He told me I can come and do the hunt again, I requested can you give me any guarantee for a shot opportunity, he is telling he is not tied this on a tree. He is not even guaranteed even for next two hunts. How I can spend this many days without any hope?
I just came to know that this ranch is just dropping animals and hunting within three weeks, this cow they dropped but they couldn’t find a hunter and this cow elk cow became very wild, in these days the guide couldn’t see the other cow, he told it may have be died. He doesn’t want to put a game camera and look for its moving.

Please help me what is the best way to manage this kind of situation. Very greedy ranch owner he putting his trouble on my head, he worried if the cows are there it will eat all the feeds he is providing for other animals. There is no grass or small plants on this ranch. Just covered with cedar tree,

welcome for any positive or negative feedback

Posted By: kdkane1971

Re: Beware this exotic hunting ranch in Hill country - 02/15/16 02:32 AM

Pm sent
Posted By: BBD84

Re: Beware this exotic hunting ranch in Hill country - 02/15/16 02:59 AM

I have several red hinds near college station and promiss you we have over 30 hinds on 600 acres. Saw that many in one group 2 weeks ago. We are 100% kills on this ranch but it is a hunt. If I can help in any way let me know. College station Tx and $950 for one red hind single day hunt. Average weight has been over 250 lbs.
Posted By: Mike Savoy

Re: Beware this exotic hunting ranch in Hill country - 02/15/16 03:18 AM

If it is the place I am thinking , it isn't 200 ac and I am betting the cow has been long gone.
Posted By: don k

Re: Beware this exotic hunting ranch in Hill country - 02/15/16 03:19 AM

Sorry to hear that happen to you. Good luck with getting it resolved.
Posted By: passthru

Re: Beware this exotic hunting ranch in Hill country - 02/15/16 04:14 AM

You could burn his barn down, disembowel his dog and hang it from his door frame, shoot his prize bull in the testes with a .22LR or just beat him to a bloody pulp. However none of those things will get your money back and may land you in prison. So I suggest you get an attorney to write him a nasty letter threatening legal action and see if that sways him.
Posted By: texastrophyhunter63

Re: Beware this exotic hunting ranch in Hill country - 02/15/16 06:05 AM

You can call Joe Sheldon at his website number. His website is a place to hunt ranch.com .joe is a good Christian man and he will guilde you personally. His elk cows are 800.00 dollars. You can look at his prices. They are hard to beat. Tell him Luciano sent you.
Good Luck!
Posted By: EddieWalker

Re: Beware this exotic hunting ranch in Hill country - 02/15/16 04:11 PM

Why don't you post the name of the ranch or the outfitter? If what you say is true, then letting others know about a bad operation is the only thing that will stop it from happening. Most people google an outfitter to see if there are any negative reviews of his operation.

I would right off what you spent on going there and spend your time focusing on finding a good place to hunt.

Re: Beware this exotic hunting ranch in Hill country - 02/15/16 04:58 PM

Hi Eddie, give me a little bit time . I will provide all details . I am looking to sue against him so I am worried it will effect on my case or not, need legal advise. He should not do this with any another hunter, I will go with as much as I can. I am enrolled with free legal plan that attorney fee is free for me . I wish he will come and do some comment here.
When he refused to pay back 600 dollar , I requested back 425 on Saturday (deduct hunt fee 125 dollar + 50 non hunter fee even though I no need to do that). He doesn't want to pay even that and didn't want to communicate in the evening and Sunday, I respected his request and looking to talk today evening. .

Thank you all for all support, this place is good for someone is looking 20 to 60 lb hogs, I saw more than 30 hogs at a time .. charging 125 dollar..

Re: Beware this exotic hunting ranch in Hill country - 02/16/16 12:36 AM

At last he offered hunt again on next Saturday at 9:30 am , this time he guaranteed, he may drop some cow elk or existing see what will happen. Let them do some home work. I will inform the result how it will work it out. Any way I want to get rid of this headache. I will not hunt again there. Always I wish to go with good relation with everybody

Posted By: Classic Rocks

Re: Beware this exotic hunting ranch in Hill country - 02/16/16 02:33 AM

I'd sure as hell shoot $600 worth of something tasty before I left.
Posted By: Ronnie Oneal

Re: Beware this exotic hunting ranch in Hill country - 02/18/16 05:35 AM

Originally Posted By: Classic Rocks

This^^^^

Re: Beware this exotic hunting ranch in Hill country - 02/18/16 01:02 PM

Originally Posted By: Ronnie Oneal

This^^^^

I've hunted the ranch the OP references in his opening statement back in 2014, and I can attest to some of the same experiences. It took a good 9 hours to find the animal we were looking for, and if we hadn't found it, we would have been SOL. We didn't see $600 worth of animals to take in lieu of our target animal.
Posted By: breadman

Re: Beware this exotic hunting ranch in Hill country - 02/19/16 12:28 AM

well is anyone gonna tell us the NAME of this place so we can not have the same experience ??

Re: Beware this exotic hunting ranch in Hill country - 02/19/16 01:07 AM

Well, it starts with a D and ends with a B and it's a hunting ranch.

Re: Beware this exotic hunting ranch in Hill country - 02/19/16 03:23 AM

Just google it, including "

you can find find the ranch

“All exotic deer hunts have a “guaranteed shot opportunity” meaning that your guide will ensure you get a shot at the exotic deer you are hunting.

I will update it on Saturday evening..
Posted By: oldstyle244

Re: Beware this exotic hunting ranch in Hill country - 02/19/16 05:37 AM

Well, it starts with a D and ends with a B and it's a hunting ranch.

I hope that isn't true. 4 years or so ago my daughter said she was ready for the deer blind (about 4), so before I took her to deer camp I decided to book a "cheap" hunt, we went to D&B for a hog/ram hunt. We got there the night before (still daylight) just down from where we were staying they had a small high game fence where they had exotics you couldn't hunt, there were all kinds of animals in there, the guide assisted my daughter in hand feeding a red hind. Next day we got a small hog and later a Corsican ram. It was an awesome trip and she has been my loyal hunting buddy ever since. We have another daughter who is now 3 talking about going with me and big sis and my oldest daughter wants to vet her they same way but she wants to shoot the ram this time, I was thinkning we would do D&B again. I haven't been there in 4 years, it isn't a big place, but we were treated well and for what it was had a great time that she still talks about

Re: Beware this exotic hunting ranch in Hill country - 02/19/16 01:25 PM

Well...the cat's out of the bag now

Re: Beware this exotic hunting ranch in Hill country - 02/19/16 01:30 PM

Oops

Re: Beware this exotic hunting ranch in Hill country - 02/19/16 01:47 PM

Oops

roflmao

Re: Beware this exotic hunting ranch in Hill country - 02/19/16 02:01 PM

oldstyle 244

Yes you are right if you are looking for a Ram or hog it is nice place for first time hunters ,RAM they will drop one for you with in minutes, they are doing lot of animal trading ,I saw lot of trucks with animal in and out all the time. But if there is only one animal like elk cow or oryx you will be in trouble if you couldn't find it. four different group hunters a day with one guide. Ram hunt and hog hunt you can be do it in one hours.Still I recommend It is one of the best place to take kids for their first time rifle or bow hunt.

Here my question is that , as it is said guaranteed hunt , if they are not able to provide a shooting opportunities why they can't return the deposit even I told to deduct the 125 dollar hunt fee + 50 dollar non hunter fee .Please just wait for tomorrow, I will send the picture of above 500 lb elk cow that offered for me.
Posted By: breadman

Re: Beware this exotic hunting ranch in Hill country - 02/19/16 08:40 PM

got it . thanks
Posted By: buck wild

Re: Beware this exotic hunting ranch in Hill country - 02/22/16 01:59 AM

jobk- if this is the case there are several reports on that ranch here from prior people that had less than desireable results. Just add this to the pile
Posted By: LuckyHunter

Re: Beware this exotic hunting ranch in Hill country - 02/23/16 06:40 AM

Originally Posted By: JOBK
At last he offered hunt again on next Saturday at 9:30 am , this time he guaranteed, he may drop some cow elk or existing see what will happen. Let them do some home work. I will inform the result how it will work it out. Any way I want to get rid of this headache. I will not hunt again there. Always I wish to go with good relation with everybody

Just google it, including "

you can find find the ranch

“All exotic deer hunts have a “guaranteed shot opportunity” meaning that your guide will ensure you get a shot at the exotic deer you are hunting.

I will update it on Saturday evening..

Post was last week ..... Just wondering how it ended up?
Posted By: Aaron-Ibex

Re: Beware this exotic hunting ranch in Hill country - 02/23/16 01:16 PM

I've hunted there. i wouldn't step foot on this place again.

Re: Beware this exotic hunting ranch in Hill country - 02/23/16 11:46 PM

Sheep Hunter

They drop 7 more elk cow on last Wednesday , I have hunted on Saturday but no Luck , couldn't get any shot opportunities , Did again on Sunday , no luck on the blind , done three hour stalk and walk , at last found two elk cow is crossing a road almost back to back

about 100 yard , I made a shot the guide told my bullet goes through one and hit other when the back one passed . Again I shot the back one on run but couldn't make a kill shot, lot of brush . I got one elk cow and paid for two , she is still moving there at ranch got shot above lungs and just below spine . , I requested them to shoot her and inform me I will pay extra 400 for shooting her. Just waiting for their success. They told they saw her yesterday There is lot to write I will write in detail later. , I will come back with some pictures.
During scouting I saw dead body of one red stag , pig and one goat one Nevi seal person and friend shot on last Wednesday

Yes Aaron it is not a place for ethic hunters ..but good for some one is enjoying tough hunt, time and not looking for deposit . Need lot of work for big animals.
Posted By: maximus_flavius

Re: Beware this exotic hunting ranch in Hill country - 02/24/16 12:22 AM

Sounds terrible there. What a cluster.
Posted By: Phantom

Re: Beware this exotic hunting ranch in Hill country - 02/24/16 03:45 AM

I went on a hunt like that a long time ago. It started off bad and got worse. guide was terrible but the ranch was beautiful. We chose not to go back after lunch. Just decided the money was not worth my misery. Sorry to hear your trouble.
Posted By: don k

Re: Beware this exotic hunting ranch in Hill country - 02/24/16 12:56 PM

This is bad. I have had JOBK here hunting and he is a really fine gentleman. I hate for this to happen to anyone. Especially people like him.
Posted By: Chief Joe

Re: Beware this exotic hunting ranch in Hill country - 02/24/16 01:23 PM

I am listed as a reference on a hunting site and get several emails asking specific questions and general information. I wouldn't think about spending $$$ without asking for references. Plus this site is a vast source of knowledge and advice. confused2 nidea
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: Beware this exotic hunting ranch in Hill country - 02/24/16 01:40 PM

sounds like a Chinese fire drill
Posted By: LuckyHunter

Re: Beware this exotic hunting ranch in Hill country - 02/24/16 04:56 PM

Sheep Hunter

They drop 7 more elk cow on last Wednesday , I have hunted on Saturday but no Luck , couldn't get any shot opportunities , Did again on Sunday , no luck on the blind , done three hour stalk and walk , at last found two elk cow is crossing a road almost back to back

about 100 yard , I made a shot the guide told my bullet goes through one and hit other when the back one passed . Again I shot the back one on run but couldn't make a kill shot, lot of brush . I got one elk cow and paid for two , she is still moving there at ranch got shot above lungs and just below spine . , I requested them to shoot her and inform me I will pay extra 400 for shooting her. Just waiting for their success. They told they saw her yesterday There is lot to write I will write in detail later. , I will come back with some pictures.
During scouting I saw dead body of one red stag , pig and one goat one Nevi seal person and friend shot on last Wednesday

Yes Aaron it is not a place for ethic hunters ..but good for some one is enjoying tough hunt, time and not looking for deposit . Need lot of work for big animals.

Sorry to hear Sir
Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Re: Beware this exotic hunting ranch in Hill country - 02/24/16 05:16 PM

How did they confirm that you indeed struck the second cow?

Re: Beware this exotic hunting ranch in Hill country - 02/24/16 10:26 PM

Re: Beware this exotic hunting ranch in Hill country - 02/24/16 10:32 PM

Here is the cleaning station first one is for small animal , the second one is for the large animal with pig carcass . The pig shot on Last Wednesday or Thursday and it's carcass was locating there up to Sunday evening . I requested the owner to remove it on Sunday morning, nothing happen. In the meat processing area one week old carcass laying on the ground. Very dirty set up.

Re: Beware this exotic hunting ranch in Hill country - 02/24/16 10:37 PM

Thanks for all your Support Don , you like a person only one in a hundred . I enjoyed hunting with all personal here it happened first time in my life. Even I hunted with lot of craigslist offers all worked out well. Next time I will be cautious before sending deposit.

Re: Beware this exotic hunting ranch in Hill country - 02/24/16 11:39 PM

THESE ARE THE POINTS I FOUND ABOUT THE RANCH, TAKE CARE WHEN YOU ARE BOOKING HUNT , MAY HELPFUL

1, EVEN YOU COULDN'T GET SHOOTING OPPORTUNITIES THEY WILL NOT RETURN THE HALF DEPOSIT. ASK VERY CLEARLY WHAT IS THE SHOOTING OPPORTUNITY. HE TOLD ME IF ANIMAL SHOWED UP THAT IS SHOOTING OPPORTUNITIES.

( they will offer animal from the pen or you can return back and hunt again and again but with multiple hunters)

I saw two hunters hunting from their pen ( about 6 acre or less land , lot of pigs, about 6 small elk cow and a spike bull, ram , one barasinga , above twenty number axis , one white tail , it will change every day.)
Saturday they offer me to take one from there , I refused .

2, THEY WILL ALWAYS PUT HUNTERS IN THE BLIND ( number-01) NEAR ENTRANCE , EVEN PIG RUNNING AWAY WHEN THEY REACH THIS FEEDER, HIGH HUNTING PRESSURE.
I bought alfalfa still nothing is came and ate from there. If you are looking for a successful hunt avoid that blind , take some blind near the pond,
( it was too late for me recognize the ranch.)

3, THE GUIDE IS ALWAYS LOOKING FOR FREE MEAT ( YOUR PAID MEAT)

Saturday he told me to shoot the red stag the one is injured on last Wednesday , the guide was very interested on scouting but once we found he is dead we didn't see any interest for scouting on Saturday. He will put you in a blind near the entrance where there is no deer movement. I saw some animal moving around but nothing is coming to the feeder. Newly dropped animal may come.
Once see the animal instead of providing shooting set up by reversing the vehicle they will come out from the vehicle , animal will start moving , so you will not get a good shooting opportunities. I feel they are not looking for kill shot.
My cow is still at ranch , I didn't get any call about it even I offered 400 dollar shot and inform me, but I have no scope. I will let you know if I get a call.

During the injury elk search just started drizzling , he told we have to leave the area , I ask why, he told it is not safe to drive, I told we are not driving here just walking , he told still it is not safe. but I refused. the guide and my partner was together , they found the elk was about 20 yard close, it was just standing, he told my partner he is moving that to towards me and disturbed him , when I reach there it already gone . He always tried to quit the search from the beginning from different reason. They promised they will get it on next day. The guide saw it on Monday , he told me he didn't have gun with him . He don't care about the blind hunting.

4, NO GUIDE WILL BE WITH YOU WHEN YOU ARE DOING HUNT IN A BLIND ( small animal it is ok white tail doe or hog)

This is the most confusing part when we are hunting ELK cow like large animal in blind , guide didn't stay with us .

May be they have sure nothing will come up there, or any other hidden agenda, I am not sure.

kdkane1971

Once he told hit both of them , I didn't think twice just tried to knock it down. I shot it again , it was too late .. there is two blood trail . If I get it that one I could have look how many shot on her body.

Re: Beware this exotic hunting ranch in Hill country - 02/25/16 01:26 AM

So you were able to take the first elk cow home, correct?
Only the 2nd one wasn't recovered?
I am also confused about the $400 you offered. It sounds as if you paid for 2 elk cows due to drawing blood on the 2nd animal. Where does the $400 come into the story? If you were offering an additional $400 above and beyond the cost of 2 elk cows, although very generous, you need to rethink spending any more $ with these guys.

Re: Beware this exotic hunting ranch in Hill country - 02/25/16 01:35 AM

Yes I paid 2300 (1150 x2) + 50 non hunter fee = 2350, I took home one cow and I offered additional 400 $ for the one I wounded to recover , actually this is first time I wounded an animal so I am not sure how it will workout in other ranches. But still couldn't work.

Re: Beware this exotic hunting ranch in Hill country - 02/25/16 01:39 AM

Please dont give them any more $.
If you would allow me, I would like to process it for you free of charge.

Re: Beware this exotic hunting ranch in Hill country - 02/25/16 01:51 AM

Thanks for the offer Classic Rocks ,but now it is too late..

Re: Beware this exotic hunting ranch in Hill country - 02/25/16 02:03 AM

Keep me in mind next time you get a kill.
Posted By: 7mag

Re: Beware this exotic hunting ranch in Hill country - 02/25/16 02:23 AM

So the name of the ranch is Douche Bagg? did I miss the train at the depot or what??

Re: Beware this exotic hunting ranch in Hill country - 02/25/16 02:41 AM

7mag

Here is the classified and name of the ranch

two Elk Cow hunts priced at $1,150 each.
This is $100 off the normal hunt price of $1,250.

These wont last long as they are big cows weighing at least 500 lbs. or more.

Contact Danny at DB Hunting Ranch to book - 512-635-0641
www.dbhunting.com
Blog: www.warnckeoutdoors.com
--
www.macandprowler.com
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: Beware this exotic hunting ranch in Hill country - 02/25/16 02:56 AM

popcorn

It was a great broadhead or bullet testing facility.

Re: Beware this exotic hunting ranch in Hill country - 02/25/16 03:06 AM

Wonder if Dustin is going to chime in on this fine hunting establishment he is "representing".
Posted By: 7mag

Re: Beware this exotic hunting ranch in Hill country - 02/25/16 03:07 AM

7mag

www.dbhunting.com
--
www.macandprowler.com

ok got ya up

Re: Beware this exotic hunting ranch in Hill country - 02/25/16 03:19 AM

Classic Rocks

I have no contact with Dustin, just Danny and I inquiry about Dustin to the guide , he doesn't know him.
Posted By: maximus_flavius

Re: Beware this exotic hunting ranch in Hill country - 02/25/16 03:36 AM

That's some amazing stuff. Unprofessional, irresponsible, nasty, & unsportsmanlike. Unbelievable about the pig carcass being there for that amount of time. What a terrible operation.
Posted By: EddieWalker

Re: Beware this exotic hunting ranch in Hill country - 02/25/16 03:00 PM

7mag

www.dbhunting.com
--
www.macandprowler.com

WOW!!! I've seen a lot of his ads for hunts and even contacted him about a blackbuck and a nilgai, but then got too busy and wasn't able make it. He has some great deals, but if they are like this cow elk hunt, I'm not gonna mess with it no matter what the price is.

Re: Beware this exotic hunting ranch in Hill country - 02/25/16 03:30 PM

DB has a lot of loyal customers. Maybe they have gone down hill the last few years I don't know. My own experience there was a little less than positive but I know of several people who have gone there many times for pigs and exotics and had good hunts. Sorry you had a bad experience there.
Posted By: iehooligan11b

Re: Beware this exotic hunting ranch in Hill country - 02/28/16 04:36 AM

I had a pretty crappy experience here several years ago. Posted about it here and I believe it was the owner?, called me up the next day pretty much talkin crap.
I have told everyone who has asked me about that place to look elsewhere ever since.

Re: Beware this exotic hunting ranch in Hill country - 02/28/16 02:45 PM

Passthru,

One time it was good ranch with affordable price and lot of animal , good guides were there Scott, Cody and Daniel . If any body is ready to shoot from the 6 acre pen , then it is good ranch for them and for hog hunters , tons of hogs . Yes they had lot of loyal customers , I am looking some feed back from any hunters hunted on this year.

It is good Ranch If they stop these practices ,

1, If there is no shooting opportunities deduct hunt fee and give the balance to the hunter (Eg: 600-125 per day = 475). Don't force to come back or hunt from the dirty pen.

2, Killing from the 6 acre pen ,He will not refund any money so every body forced to do that.

3, Wounded animal goes to the guide, not to the ranch or paid hunter. Here guide will do wrong hunting practice.

4, Remove all the carcass same day from cleaning station and processing area .

5, Regulate the hunters number to at least two group per day , My first day hunt there were 4/5 active hunters with only one guide, ( three groups ) total 7

The old guides Scott and Daniel were assisted me to find the wounded animal , ,Brandon the new guide started quartering the first one then they told they can do the tracking the second one then Brandon started crying, at last Scott did the quartering , told Brandon and Daniel to do the search . I HAVE NO IDEA WHY HE IS UPSET WHEN SCOTT AND DANIEL (OLD GUIDES WORKING IN OFFICE NOW )IS READY TO HELP ME TO TRACK THE ANIMAL. The new guide forced me to quit the search from the beginning.

They can make any hunt hard or easy. As long as they don't refund the deposit they don't care you and your time . If you are coming from far distance you will be in trouble.

iehooligan 11b,

Now it is more worse.
Posted By: TenTenWhitetails

Re: Beware this exotic hunting ranch in Hill country - 02/28/16 08:40 PM

What do you mean by drop in animals? They drop them out of a trailer in front of you or into the 6 acre pen? Confused...
Posted By: Phantom

Re: Beware this exotic hunting ranch in Hill country - 02/28/16 10:10 PM

Drop in animals. When you come in the front of the ranch they are dropping animals in the back of the ranch. I know several ranches that do that. The guides are told to drive around and kind of make it a show. The guide gets a text and then heads that way. The animals are generally a little dazed and confused and the hunters shoot their animals (rams normally). The hunter never realizes what is going on. I know of one that would deliver their rams with different tags in their ears at different places so it seemed like more of a hunt. They finally bought their own property. The guides used to laugh about it.

Re: Beware this exotic hunting ranch in Hill country - 02/28/16 11:21 PM

Put and take is one thing. Widely practiced and sometimes practical when a certain breed is requested or when high $$ animals are being hunted. But dropping them off the day /night before the hunt is completely different.
For instance, if you are known for fallow hunts and a client decides to shoot one of each color and takes out half your heard, and you have 3 more hunts booked with other folks wanting fallow, damn right, better get on the phone with a broker!
But selling elk cow hunts and dropping one off the day before your hunter arrives because you lied or didn't plan ahead (ie, don't have an established group of elk) , is crap. But then again, trying to accomplish all this on a hundred acres is crap to begin with.

Re: Beware this exotic hunting ranch in Hill country - 02/29/16 02:35 AM

They were doing more trapping and selling exotics than hunts last I knew. I wouldn't go back.

Re: Beware this exotic hunting ranch in Hill country - 02/29/16 03:52 AM

TenTenWhitetails

They have three units of land , The main section is about 200 acre and other two is about 4 to 6 acre land. They will drop animal any time even same time depend on customer requirement . I saw a costumer request one Corsican ram he drop the same time and started hunting. They have some bottle feed animals, pigs are in the 6 acre unit near the cabin . They will add some more axis, sika doe depend on demand . Whoever is not getting chance from the main unit (200 acre land) , they will allow to do it from this 6 acre land. They are doing lot of animal trade so they I have always stocks all the time in animal holding building.
Posted By: Aaron-Ibex

Re: Beware this exotic hunting ranch in Hill country - 02/29/16 04:17 AM

when I was there we all
got the feeling they could care less about the hunts and only cared about selling live animals. it's a shame too bc the outdoor area and cabin were nice. customer service? not so much.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum