Texas Hunting Forum

Looking for a weekend hunt around $2K

Posted By: steeliekingfisher

Looking for a weekend hunt around $2K - 10/21/15 06:31 AM

I have a budget of 1500 to 2K. Preferably something good to eat. I will be coming down from Alaska to shoot something in our off season(winter). Fly in on a late Friday night or early Saturday morning and fly home Sunday Night with meat. I will need a place to crash while there and a shower before I travel home. I can bring my own food to cook(got plenty moose steaks for the grill :O))
Nilgai???

Aoudad?? Not sure how they eat?

Elk???

Open to suggestions of what you have available. No need for hogs, killed too many before in Texas. Not much on Rams either, I kill a Dall Sheep or Mountain Goat in my home state every year, so the thought of shooting any sheep besides Aoudad just doesn't fit what I consider sheep hunting. No offence meant by that, I am just used to being high up in Gods country chasing sheep :O)

Look forward to offers. Please email me as I don't get in too often.

Have cash and 100% will be coming in January or February.

captainchrisferrieri@gmail.com
Posted By: Jared Drzymala

Re: Looking for a weekend hunt around $2K - 10/21/15 06:47 AM

Duane Drzymala 210-844-5591
Posted By: the lab

Re: Looking for a weekend hunt around $2K - 10/21/15 07:22 AM

You might want to give Kelly Bounds of Double K Outfitters a call. I just returned home (Washington State) after our 3rd annual hunt at Double K Outfitters. We had an amazing time and he has some great animals and his pricing fits your budget 100%. They offer aoudad, fallow and axis deer, blackbuck antelope and red stag for $1500 across the board. The lodging is great and the BBQ pit is AMAZING! We did a 3 day hunt and took several animals (actually at least 1 of each I mentioned and some hogs). Just a wonderful trip and we all look forward to our next adventure with Double K. He does not have a web page but I put a link to his Facebook page. Good luck wherever you go........also, I could not be more jealous. I think it would be AWESOME to get a Dall sheep!

https://www.facebook.com/Double-K-Outfitters-Hunting-Out-of-Bounds-384630738265146/
Posted By: breadman

Re: Looking for a weekend hunt around $2K - 10/21/15 10:06 AM

looks like the place to go !!!
Posted By: browning_bow_tikka_t3

Re: Looking for a weekend hunt around $2K - 10/21/15 10:47 AM

per their FB site:

Double K Outfitters, Hunting Out of Bounds Our hunts are $ 100 / day with a 2 day minimum and that includes the use of our lodge for overnight stay. Then any Axis, Audad, fallow, sika, blackbuck, red stag are $ 1500. Hogs are $ 1 / lb and Ram's are $ 500.
Posted By: TxHunter80

Re: Looking for a weekend hunt around $2K - 10/21/15 02:48 PM

Plenty of good outfitters here. If you are looking for nilgai, give Doubleshot Outfitters a call. I hunted axis with them earlier this year and have nilgai booked in January. The airport is pretty close to the ranch and lodging/food is great. They also do in house processing and taxidermy. They can ship your meat if you don't want to fly with it.
Posted By: NewJeep

Re: Looking for a weekend hunt around $2K - 10/21/15 03:24 PM

TheRancher (Rusty)
bigironranchadventures.com
Posted By: heathe

Re: Looking for a weekend hunt around $2K - 10/21/15 04:44 PM

I have axis Mgnt axis for 1500 with meals and lodging included
Posted By: H5Patrick

Re: Looking for a weekend hunt around $2K - 10/21/15 05:38 PM

H5 Trophy Ranches is having a special on all inclusive 2 day/2 night, Sika hunts for $2,250. Would love to have you out!
Posted By: D-unit

Re: Looking for a weekend hunt around $2K - 10/22/15 12:53 AM

Double shot outfitters is a great group of guys with competitive prices. Give Adam a shout and see if he can help ha out man. (956) 792-6460
Posted By: breadman

Re: Looking for a weekend hunt around $2K - 10/22/15 01:25 AM

up
Posted By: badtrd

Re: Looking for a weekend hunt around $2K - 10/22/15 02:29 AM

Granch, Bobby Greiger with Los Robles ranch is the man to hook you up.
Posted By: turkeykillet

Re: Looking for a weekend hunt around $2K - 10/22/15 04:37 AM

I agree with everything the lab says. He has some monster aoudad!

Re: Looking for a weekend hunt around $2K - 10/24/15 04:43 AM

These are for Lab. The sheep wasn't this years, but the goat was. Boone and Crockett goat.

Posted By: TXSIGNGUY

Re: Looking for a weekend hunt around $2K - 10/24/15 03:07 PM

up

Re: Looking for a weekend hunt around $2K - 10/24/15 07:13 PM

I found a nice Aoudad hunt to take. But I am still in the market for another hunt. Either eland cow or Bull Nigali. I hear these both are excellent eating?
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum