Texas Hunting Forum

Ready to Go

Posted By: nsmike

Ready to Go - 09/22/15 10:01 PM

I'm just about all packed up and ready to hit the road for Texas tomorrow morning. I'll be hunting with Guadalupe Outfitters for Axis on Friday and Saturday. I can't do 19+ hours straight anymore, I'll be stopping once, rolling into Kerrville on Thursday. I'll be packing up the computer in a couple of hours so that I can post pictures before starting the drive back. I was scheduled for Loma Alta but after some discussion we changed it to Waring.
Posted By: Elkhunter49

Re: Ready to Go - 09/22/15 10:10 PM

Good Luck with your hunt sir I can't wait for the photos and report! It's funny but I've got a long drive to then thru Texas tomorrow as well, I'm headed to Ruidoso NM for some R&R then to south Texas to photograph some huge low fence bucks. Safe Travels. deer2
Posted By: TexFlip

Re: Ready to Go - 09/22/15 10:36 PM

Good luck.
Posted By: blackdog21

Re: Ready to Go - 09/22/15 11:38 PM

Have a great hunt and travel safe.
Posted By: Wilhunt

Re: Ready to Go - 09/22/15 11:51 PM

Travel safe and enjoy the hunt and ride. Some nice country for both of you.
Posted By: el_cazador713

Re: Ready to Go - 09/23/15 12:21 AM

Originally Posted By: TexFlip
Good luck.

X2!
Posted By: EddieWalker

Re: Ready to Go - 09/23/15 02:14 PM

I know the feeling. My wife and I are heading out next month to hunt free range sika and axis near Sonora and her excitement is building every day!!! It's become contagious, and I'm really looking forward to it too.

Looking forward to hearing how it goes and seeing your pics
Posted By: Frio County Hunts

Re: Ready to Go - 09/23/15 02:27 PM

Good luck with that hunt! I saw a huge axis buck in my backyard this morning and I know waring is covered up in axis.

Re: Ready to Go - 09/24/15 12:09 AM

I just thought I'd let everyone know, I'm in my hotel for the night, with better than 2/3 rds of the trip down behind me. I'm going to get somethig to eat I might be on a little but 14 hrs makes for a long day.
Posted By: Elkhunter49

Re: Ready to Go - 09/24/15 12:24 AM

Get a good nights sleep and you will be ready to roll when you get back on the road tomorrow. I'm going to bed early tonight for the same reason! Safe Travels..... Baker
Posted By: Tru2lifetaxidermy

Re: Ready to Go - 09/24/15 12:32 AM

Good luck and post pics!
Posted By: coach20

Re: Ready to Go - 09/24/15 12:43 AM

Good luck.. smile
Posted By: Guadalupe Outfitters

Re: Ready to Go - 09/24/15 03:44 AM

We are ready for you nsmike! See you soon!
Diane

Re: Ready to Go - 09/24/15 08:09 PM

I got in at 12:15 my room wasn't quite ready so I hit Buzee's for lunch. I'm just killing time to this evening.

Re: Ready to Go - 09/25/15 02:41 AM

We spooked two axis does this eveninng getting into the stand, after that, only whitetails and turkey. We did see some decent Hill Country bucks. We'll be back at it in the morning.
Posted By: Chief Joe

Re: Ready to Go - 09/25/15 10:40 AM

Hoping for the best for you... popcorn

Re: Ready to Go - 09/25/15 11:20 AM

Good luck, keep us posted.
Posted By: EddieWalker

Re: Ready to Go - 09/25/15 01:07 PM

I'm enjoying your adventure and looking forward to hearing what happens next!!!
Posted By: therancher

Re: Ready to Go - 09/25/15 01:25 PM

Good luck! I've got faith in your outfitter. Just down the road. If id known you were in town yesterday I'd have bought your lunch.

BTW, you could have at least packed some rain!

Re: Ready to Go - 09/25/15 03:57 PM

I wanted to pack some cooler weather but it just didn't work out. We were up on the hill this morning and saw the Axis working in river bottom 400 yds away. We'll set up a pop up this evening. I'm meeting Diane for lunch, so that will be nice, it's always good to finally meet people you interact online with.

Re: Ready to Go - 09/25/15 06:07 PM

Wear your shorts, going to be a hot one. Although in the shade by the river is not a bad place to be. Kill a big one.
Posted By: TexFlip

Re: Ready to Go - 09/26/15 10:47 PM

popcorn
Posted By: Ramsey

Re: Ready to Go - 09/27/15 03:47 AM

Have a good hunt
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Ready to Go - 09/28/15 07:09 PM

Originally Posted By: TexFlip
popcorn

X2

Re: Ready to Go - 09/28/15 10:41 PM

Sitting at the river rock saloon wondering where Nsmike is...
Posted By: don k

Re: Ready to Go - 09/28/15 10:45 PM

Originally Posted By: therancher
Where is the river rock saloon?

Re: Ready to Go - 09/29/15 01:09 AM

I just got tired, I ended up shooting a goofy fallow buck, I'll post pictures tommorow. In excess of 1200mi in two days, after hunting 2 1/2 days is wearing.

Re: Ready to Go - 09/29/15 01:47 AM

Originally Posted By: don k
Originally Posted By: therancher
Where is the river rock saloon?

It's in the Guadalupe RV park on junction hwy ingram. They have a nice tree covered patio and a full bar. Nice place to unwind if you're in kerrville.
Posted By: Guadalupe Outfitters

Re: Ready to Go - 09/29/15 04:21 AM

Ahhhh therancher!! So that's your watering hole... It's right by my place! I had lunch with Mike when he got here... We surely could have come and found you! Next time we will do that!
Diane

Re: Ready to Go - 09/29/15 02:45 PM

I just realized that somehow, a couple of comments I typed outweren't posted, I must not of hit the submit key. I'll start a new thread with all the details and photos.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum