Texas Hunting Forum

Mt.Home area Axis hunts $2,500

Posted By: TnT Taxidermist

Mt.Home area Axis hunts $2,500 - 07/17/15 01:00 PM

Hey guys,
I just talked to the ranch manager on the main ranch I used to do all my Tx hunts hunts. He is needing to take some axis off this summer and asked me if I could help find him some hunters. The ranch is about 40 miles west of Kerrville between Leakey and Rocksprings. It consist of over 3,000 acres of open pasture, deep cedar canyons and your typical beautiful hill country land. The ranch has had very little hunting pressure on it since I left and I know there are some giant old bucks out there. The hunts will be three day hunts with meals lodging and guide included for $2,500. I know this ranch like the back of my hand and Im more than comfortable in saying you will have an opportunity and a buck over 30 inches. The ranch manager is only wanting to take 3 to 4 axis hunter this summer, I think simply because that is all he feels he has time for, but would like to get them booked for either this month or next. He may also be willing to go down to $2,250 if he could get 4 guys to book together

If you have any questions feel free to PM me or give me a call at the number below

Thanks,
Taylor Horton

Some pics of the type of quality axis you can expect on this hunt

Posted By: Elkhunter49

Re: Mt.Home area Axis hunts $2,500 - 07/17/15 01:39 PM

Great bucks, thanks for sharing! I really like the last one. Baker
Posted By: dgilbert

Re: Mt.Home area Axis hunts $2,500 - 07/17/15 02:49 PM

Is Josh running things?
Posted By: TnT Taxidermist

Re: Mt.Home area Axis hunts $2,500 - 07/20/15 01:49 AM

Originally Posted By: dgilbert
Is Josh running things?

Hey Gilbert, yes Josh is running that ranch now. The owners and their clients hunt during hunting season but thats about it. The axis are getting thick out there now that I left
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum