Texas Hunting Forum

Gemsbok Prices? Anyone have a reference

Posted By: texaspirate

Gemsbok Prices? Anyone have a reference - 07/03/15 10:13 PM

Anyone have a reference or know typical Gemsbok prices ?
Posted By: Blackwater Guide Service

Re: Gemsbok Prices? Anyone have a reference - 07/03/15 11:19 PM

$5300 for our members. 2 days hunting 1 night lodging included. We have plenty of big ones.

Sky Watkins
Elite Outdoorsman
Posted By: mulie_mike

Re: Gemsbok Prices? Anyone have a reference - 07/04/15 05:56 AM

Draw for off range in New Mexico. Good chances and non resident license is $1650 (more or less).
Posted By: BBD84

Re: Gemsbok Prices? Anyone have a reference - 07/04/15 06:40 AM

Depends on trophy quality, ranch and amminities. We have some big gemsbok all inclusive hunts with 5 star lodging. PM me for more details.
Posted By: Double Shot Outfitters

Re: Gemsbok Prices? Anyone have a reference - 07/10/15 04:00 PM

We have some nice Gemsbok with great lodging on 3,000 acres in South Texas for $5750. You will see multiple trophies in a day and there are a ton of them!

Posted By: PBGSO

Re: Gemsbok Prices? Anyone have a reference - 07/10/15 06:10 PM

Here are a few we have taken!
$5500.00 we have a couple ranches large herds.
Clay
Posted By: EddieWalker

Re: Gemsbok Prices? Anyone have a reference - 07/11/15 02:55 PM

$2,000 round trip airfare to Africa

$300 a day for five days at $1,500

$500 trophy fee

Probably a grand to dip, pack and ship it home

$5,000 would do it and be a real nice adventure. Of course, you could add a few more animals and not change your dipping and shipping costs too much and for $6,000 to $7,000 have a nice little collection started.
Posted By: BMD

Re: Gemsbok Prices? Anyone have a reference - 07/11/15 04:00 PM

Africa is way to go before spending 5k on one gemsbok
Posted By: Bubinga

Re: Gemsbok Prices? Anyone have a reference - 07/11/15 05:46 PM

Originally Posted By: EddieWalker

$500 trophy fee

$5,000 would do it and be a real nice adventure. Of course, you could add a few more animals and not change your dipping and shipping costs too much and for $6,000 to $7,000 have a nice little collection started.

This x1000. Better deal and great adventure. My wife and I have hunted our share of exotics here and have been to Africa twice with plans to go back in 2017. There is no comparison, and for what you get a better value.
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Gemsbok Prices? Anyone have a reference - 07/11/15 06:00 PM

Originally Posted By: Bubinga
Originally Posted By: EddieWalker

$500 trophy fee

This x1000. Better deal and great adventure. My wife and I have hunted our share of exotics here and have been to Africa twice with plans to go back in 2017. There is no comparison, and for what you get a better value.

Don't forget tipping, not a small expense either over there or here, and, if you ship from Africa, there are Customs broker fees, unless you want to meet USFWS yourself at the airport your shipment arrives at.

I've wanted to hunt one in Namibia for quite some time. We just leased a pasture in west Texas that is loaded with them. I have to admit, they seem slightly wilder than cattle on this place.

I've been to southern Africa a half-dozen times; Zim 5, Moz once.

If you gotta have one, PM me an I will get you in touch with this rancher to take one in the off-season, for what I think is a very reasonable fee.
Posted By: Erny

Re: Gemsbok Prices? Anyone have a reference - 07/12/15 04:02 PM

I hunted them in new Mexico a couple of years ago with Mike Mckinney AKA Mulie mike on here. With the new Mexico tag fee and Mikes guide fee and tip it was a little more than 3k.

As an aside the gemsbok meat is incredibly good and you cannot bring the meat back from Africa.
Posted By: okiehuntr

Re: Gemsbok Prices? Anyone have a reference - 07/12/15 09:01 PM

Best meat that I've ever eaten, up until I shot my gemsbok, elk and moose were my favorite.
okiehuntr
Posted By: Jgraider

Re: Gemsbok Prices? Anyone have a reference - 07/12/15 09:57 PM

I agree with you guys.....love hunting Africa (3 times so far), love hunting gemsbok, and it is the best tasting meat I've ever eaten, period.

Creekrunner......sent you a PM.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum