Texas Hunting Forum

I've Got My Hunt Set With 3C Guide

Posted By: nsmike

I've Got My Hunt Set With 3C Guide - 05/01/15 11:13 PM

I pulled the trigger and sent in the deposit for a fall hunt on Loma Alta Ranch with Cody or Patrick. It will be for my choice of Axis or Sika and any hogs/varmints I choose to take. I'm looking forward to it. First choice is an Axis, but they have some real nice Sitka, I will not pass up a real good one. Almost five full months and I'm already excited.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: I've Got My Hunt Set With 3C Guide - 05/01/15 11:34 PM

cheers
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: I've Got My Hunt Set With 3C Guide - 05/02/15 01:07 AM

Enjoy and look forward to the pics!
Posted By: Elkhunter49

Re: I've Got My Hunt Set With 3C Guide - 05/02/15 01:19 PM

Good Luck and I'll bet you have a great hunt. Take lots of photos if you can! Baker moose
Posted By: EddieWalker

Re: I've Got My Hunt Set With 3C Guide - 05/03/15 02:34 PM

Five months from now puts you in October. How will the capes be on Sika deer then? I plan my hunts for when I can get the best coloring in an animal and the thickest fur. When I shot my bison, there where thousands of them out there to look at, some with really massive horns, but the one I picked had the best cape on him by far.

Re: I've Got My Hunt Set With 3C Guide - 05/03/15 04:25 PM

My hunt is the last weekend of September. I tend to have Euro's done so cape doesn't matter but they tend to be pretty good because it's the start of the rut. The timing with the guide is to try and hit the sweet spot between the weather being too hot and the MLD deer season getting rolling. Also remember that, first choice is axis, much later and a big percentage of the hard antlered bucks will start dropping their antlers
Posted By: C3 guide

Re: I've Got My Hunt Set With 3C Guide - 05/21/15 08:07 AM

nsmike, I look forward to the hunt! We will have some really good sika and axis this fall! The recent rain will boost antler growth a bunch!

Re: I've Got My Hunt Set With 3C Guide - 05/21/15 05:26 PM

I just noticed I transposed C3 oops! I'm looking forward to the hunt, I've checked rain records in Del Rio, they've had over 17" since Sept 1st. Winter is supposed to be their driest season, with a 19" yearly average, so it looks like everything is setting up nicely.
Posted By: Matpk

Re: I've Got My Hunt Set With 3C Guide - 05/21/15 08:18 PM

aim rifle

Good luck, nsmike. If you shoot a big Axis,Dont eat it...
It is noo good..As a courtesy I will do it for you.. lol35

Re: I've Got My Hunt Set With 3C Guide - 05/21/15 09:49 PM

LOL, matpk, I'll think of you while I'm grilling the tenderloins.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum