Texas Hunting Forum

Does anyone know if Banteng can legally be hunted here in the US?

Posted By: WindHunter

Does anyone know if Banteng can legally be hunted here in the US? - 04/22/15 03:33 PM

Does anyone know if Banteng can legally be hunted here in the US?
Can you provide a source or reference with which to confirm this, please?
Thanks.
Posted By: nsmike

Re: Does anyone know if Banteng can legally be hunted here in the US? - 04/22/15 05:51 PM

Here's the Texas list of exotic specis you can't hunt.
No person may kill or attempt to injure a dangerous wild animal (African or Asiatic lion, tiger, leopard, cheetah, hyena, bear, elephant, wolf, or rhinoceros, or any subspecies or hybrid of these animals) that is held in captivity in this state or that is released from captivity in this state for the purpose of being killed, nor may any person conduct, promote, advertise, or assist in the hunting of a dangerous wild animal.
The USFWS list of animals requiring permits is Here as far as I know availabily is the only restriction.
Posted By: WindHunter

Re: Does anyone know if Banteng can legally be hunted here in the US? - 04/22/15 07:36 PM

Thank you.
Posted By: JPHunting

Re: Does anyone know if Banteng can legally be hunted here in the US? - 04/22/15 11:11 PM

I thought there was more than that, I was always under the impression that gaur couldn't be shot anywhere.

You could always come down here in our Australia, that is if you want to pay about $14k for the hunt!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum