Texas Hunting Forum

Going hunting with C3 Guide at Guadalupe Outfitters this weekend!

Posted By: JustCUZ

Going hunting with C3 Guide at Guadalupe Outfitters this weekend! - 04/22/15 04:22 AM

I am a full time guide/outfitter myself so it's not often I get to pull the trigger. cheers I've always wanted a nice Axis buck but insist on free range. I came across Cody and Guadalupe Outfitters and booked a hunt for my wife and I to go after two axis bucks OR an axis buck and a blackbuck buck. To say we are excited is an understatement! We love axis meat and hear good things about bb meat. We're already dreaming about how good they'd look on the wall beside our big (free range) west Texas aoudad. banana
Anyone hunted with them before and have any advice? Will post our hunt, pics, etc here. Thanks up
Posted By: mulie_mike

Re: Going hunting with C3 Guide at Guadalupe Outfitters this weekend! - 04/22/15 04:27 AM

Have fun and good luck Cuz. Lots of good reviews for those guys lately.
Posted By: Chupacabra1242

Re: Going hunting with C3 Guide at Guadalupe Outfitters this weekend! - 04/22/15 01:47 PM

My wife and I hunted with Cody a few weeks ago with a group of father/ son hunters. We had a great time; saw and harvested some nice animals.

They are an easy going group who will put you on some nice animals.

Good luck!
Posted By: John Humbert

Re: Going hunting with C3 Guide at Guadalupe Outfitters this weekend! - 04/22/15 03:22 PM

Good luck to you! You are sure to have a good time and see some nice animals

Re: Going hunting with C3 Guide at Guadalupe Outfitters this weekend! - 04/22/15 08:06 PM

Sounds good. Thanks fellas!
Posted By: Lonnie Paul Walker Jr.

Re: Going hunting with C3 Guide at Guadalupe Outfitters this weekend! - 04/23/15 02:05 AM

Good people, post pic's, good luck !

Re: Going hunting with C3 Guide at Guadalupe Outfitters this weekend! - 04/24/15 04:52 PM

Headed south!!
Posted By: Temple

Re: Going hunting with C3 Guide at Guadalupe Outfitters this weekend! - 04/25/15 02:54 AM

Good luck!!

Re: Going hunting with C3 Guide at Guadalupe Outfitters this weekend! - 04/25/15 05:00 AM

Had a great sit this afternoon. We saw a lot of game. Hope to catch a big boy or two out moving in the am! up
Posted By: dgilbert

Re: Going hunting with C3 Guide at Guadalupe Outfitters this weekend! - 04/25/15 02:43 PM

Good luck the ya'll, will be waiting for the LDP's.
Posted By: C3 guide

Re: Going hunting with C3 Guide at Guadalupe Outfitters this weekend! - 04/26/15 04:12 AM

It has been a great hunt so far. I'll let justCuz fill y'all in. He didn't shoot Bambi by any means... Awesome folks to be around and very nice people.
Posted By: John Humbert

Re: Going hunting with C3 Guide at Guadalupe Outfitters this weekend! - 04/26/15 06:40 PM

C'mon , let's hear the details and see the pics. I can't wait! smile
Posted By: el_cazador713

Re: Going hunting with C3 Guide at Guadalupe Outfitters this weekend! - 04/26/15 06:51 PM

Agreed, ready to see a report!! Can't wait
Posted By: SLR

Re: Going hunting with C3 Guide at Guadalupe Outfitters this weekend! - 04/26/15 07:08 PM

Im still waiting on the pic of the Axis buck with elk horns
Posted By: Elkhunter49

Re: Going hunting with C3 Guide at Guadalupe Outfitters this weekend! - 04/26/15 08:34 PM

Originally Posted By: SLR
Im still waiting on the pic of the Axis buck with elk horns

I can show you that!

Re: Going hunting with C3 Guide at Guadalupe Outfitters this weekend! - 04/26/15 09:44 PM

Just leaving to head home. We had an OUTSTANDING hunt with Cody and Patrick! We got more than we'd realistically hoped for! They know the land and game very well. They were spot on for times we should hunt, where the game would move, etc. The guys were very accommodating to the way we wanted to hunt which made us feel right at home hunting there. We hunted all low fence and I am not exaggerating when I say we saw well over 100 axis and blackbucks this weekend. I passed multiple bucks waiting for one I wanted and have looked forward to taking for many years and I'm glad I did!
On the last afternoon hunt I hunted in a popup in a meadow and took a nice 35.5" axis about 30 minutes before dark. I've killed some good animals and guided clients on a lot of big animals but for whatever reason this axis had me shook up!! Maybe it was the 15 years of anticipation or maybe it was the buck looking back at me in my scope before the shot but I was a mess! I don't recall ever being that nervous and excited about a shot, even as a kid.
Then on the last morning, my wife took a beautiful, dark black, 18 1/2" Blackbuck! I'm kinda jealous. What a cool animal! She deserved it and I'm proud of her. She hunts hard. She also puts up with me and our boys... up
We could not be happier about our hunt! I highly recommend calling Diane if you want a low fence hill country exotic hunt.
Here's some pics...

Posted By: Elkhunter49

Re: Going hunting with C3 Guide at Guadalupe Outfitters this weekend! - 04/26/15 10:09 PM

Two very nice trophy's sir, congrats to you and your bride! Baker
Posted By: JRJ6

Re: Going hunting with C3 Guide at Guadalupe Outfitters this weekend! - 04/26/15 10:33 PM

Very nice! cheers
Posted By: Classic Rocks

Re: Going hunting with C3 Guide at Guadalupe Outfitters this weekend! - 04/26/15 11:32 PM

Sooooo jealous!
Posted By: LuckyHunter

Re: Going hunting with C3 Guide at Guadalupe Outfitters this weekend! - 04/26/15 11:56 PM

Congratulations to you up , your wife up and the rancher who had the foresight to introduce the Axis and Blackbuck to Texas. cheers Beautiful game animals.
Posted By: rborn

Re: Going hunting with C3 Guide at Guadalupe Outfitters this weekend! - 04/27/15 12:05 AM

JustCUZ,

Very good to hear! I have a Blackbuck hunt scheduled with Patrick in May.

Did you see many other Blackbucks like the one your wife harvested?

Congrats to you and your wife.
Posted By: CitySlickerHunter

Re: Going hunting with C3 Guide at Guadalupe Outfitters this weekend! - 04/27/15 12:34 AM

EXTREMELY Envious!!!!!!!!WOW!
Posted By: nsmike

Re: Going hunting with C3 Guide at Guadalupe Outfitters this weekend! - 04/27/15 12:53 AM

I've got to get my deposit in I'm set for late Sept. I just need to call Diane to check on one detail.

Re: Going hunting with C3 Guide at Guadalupe Outfitters this weekend! - 04/27/15 02:07 AM

opps, double post..

Re: Going hunting with C3 Guide at Guadalupe Outfitters this weekend! - 04/27/15 02:15 AM

Originally Posted By: rborn
JustCUZ,

Very good to hear! I have a Blackbuck hunt scheduled with Patrick in May.

Did you see many other Blackbucks like the one your wife harvested?

Congrats to you and your wife.

Thanks, Born.

Yes sir. We saw at least 3 other bucks in this class, this morning alone. Maybe more? We saw a lot... Of course it is hunting, but from what I saw this weekend, I have little doubt they'll put you in front of a shooter BB.
Posted By: sparrish8

Re: Going hunting with C3 Guide at Guadalupe Outfitters this weekend! - 04/27/15 02:37 AM

Big Axis, nice BB congrats! Sounds like a great weekend

Re: Going hunting with C3 Guide at Guadalupe Outfitters this weekend! - 04/27/15 07:14 AM

Originally Posted By: SheepHunter
Congratulations to you up , your wife up and the rancher who had the foresight to introduce the Axis and Blackbuck to Texas. cheers Beautiful game animals.

flehan
Posted By: don k

Re: Going hunting with C3 Guide at Guadalupe Outfitters this weekend! - 04/27/15 06:04 PM

A couple of very good trophies.
Posted By: C3 guide

Re: Going hunting with C3 Guide at Guadalupe Outfitters this weekend! - 04/28/15 10:03 AM

Thanks Cuz for the kind words! It was a good hunt to say the least!

Re: Going hunting with C3 Guide at Guadalupe Outfitters this weekend! - 04/28/15 07:19 PM

Originally Posted By: C3 guide
Thanks Cuz for the kind words! It was a good hunt to say the least!

No problem! You guys deserve a good review. It was an awesome hunt that we already can't wait to do again! smile
Posted By: SLR

Re: Going hunting with C3 Guide at Guadalupe Outfitters this weekend! - 04/30/15 06:41 PM

Nice axis and blackbuck.
Posted By: DustyWyoming

Re: Going hunting with C3 Guide at Guadalupe Outfitters this weekend! - 05/01/15 03:41 PM

Congrats on some nice animals!!
Posted By: Redneck78

Re: Going hunting with C3 Guide at Guadalupe Outfitters this weekend! - 05/02/15 11:23 PM

up
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum