Texas Hunting Forum

New to Axis hunting need info

Posted By: texassun

New to Axis hunting need info - 03/25/15 09:06 PM

Would like to go on an Axis hunt. Any recommendations on quality guides/ranches at a reasonable price and is there a best time of year to go? Thank you!
Posted By: Matpk

Re: New to Axis hunting need info - 03/25/15 09:25 PM

welcome coffee

Hi,Texassun..!!!
You are at right place...I am giving wake up call to our forum's Outfitters/Guides..

Please assist the Texassun. clap

Re: New to Axis hunting need info - 03/25/15 09:49 PM

Thanks matpk!!
Posted By: Elkhunter49

Re: New to Axis hunting need info - 03/25/15 10:01 PM

If you will post what your after... Trophy,cull, or doe and your budget for your hunt you will help the outfitters decide if they have what your after! Good luck on your hunt and try to get some photos that you can share with us. Baker

Re: New to Axis hunting need info - 03/25/15 10:26 PM

I'm after a trophy and I would like to stay around $3000 for hunt and accommodations, but being new to exotics (I've only hunted whitetails and mulies on my own lease) not sure if this is reasonable or not. If I'm crazy, it's due to ignorance! Thanks!
Posted By: kdkane1971

Re: New to Axis hunting need info - 03/25/15 10:45 PM

You can easily find an excellent trophy with lodging & meals for less than 3k

Re: New to Axis hunting need info - 03/25/15 10:49 PM

Great...thanks kdkane! Glad I'm not way off the mark. Would love to hear of some outfitters where people have had great experiences.
Posted By: thewrap

Re: New to Axis hunting need info - 03/25/15 11:07 PM

Check out Jason at Alpha Outfitters. Very reasonable and a good guy.
Posted By: kmon11

Re: New to Axis hunting need info - 03/25/15 11:39 PM

Look back through some of the posts in this section, you will find quite a few outfitters on here that offer what you are looking for.

May to June are good times to hunt them as it seems there are lots of hard horned Axis at that time. Thought with Axis there are some hardhorned ones year round.
Posted By: G ranch

Re: New to Axis hunting need info - 03/26/15 12:23 AM

I have axis hunts in Gatesville Tx high fence hunts we can hunt know if you want a velvet horned axis or May & June is a great time feel free to call or text with any questions
Axis buck 2250
Day fee 100
Meals & lodging 75 a day
[img:center]http://[/img]

Re: New to Axis hunting need info - 03/26/15 12:37 AM

Thank you all for the info! I will be in touch!
Posted By: huntnguide83

Re: New to Axis hunting need info - 03/26/15 03:11 AM

Check us out at Texas Elite Outfitters. We take some giants every year, and will treat you right. We have several great ranches to hunt across the state as well.
Posted By: mulie_mike

Re: New to Axis hunting need info - 03/26/15 03:14 AM

Give me a call sometime. I have some axis hunts on special right now,
$2350 on 1,000 acres high fenced
1 mature buck- no trophy fees size limits etc. Guided with 2 nights lodging.

Lots of references from this forum.
915 328 0645 Mike
www.westtexashuntorg.com
Posted By: drm1983

Re: New to Axis hunting need info - 03/26/15 08:23 PM

Texassun call the YO Ranch. They have a great Axis Special for summer time it is $2950. It runs May 3rd through September 3rd of this year. It is on 27,500 acres. It includes 2 nights and 2 days hunting, meals, open bar, guide and trophy fee. Does not include licenses, gratuities or taxes. Their phone number is 830.640.3222

Re: New to Axis hunting need info - 03/27/15 03:42 AM

Y'all are great. I'm out of Lubbock so the closer the better. Thanks to everyone for the info. Will definitely be in touch!
Posted By: the lab

Re: New to Axis hunting need info - 03/27/15 09:25 PM

I have a hunt booked with Ryan Longer of Longer Outdoors next month. We checked with a lot of outfitters and decided to book with him. His prices are hard to beat and the hunts are inclusive with no other fees. It is my 1st hunt with him, but my hunting partner hunted with him in December and he had a fantastic trip. I will provide a 1st hand review once we get back home after the hunt.

http://www.longersoutdoors.com/
Posted By: CitySlickerHunter

Re: New to Axis hunting need info - 03/28/15 02:19 AM

Originally Posted By: the lab
I have a hunt booked with Ryan Longer of Longer Outdoors next month. We checked with a lot of outfitters and decided to book with him. His prices are hard to beat and the hunts are inclusive with no other fees. It is my 1st hunt with him, but my hunting partner hunted with him in December and he had a fantastic trip. I will provide a 1st hand review once we get back home after the hunt.

http://www.longersoutdoors.com/
Ryan Longer does a nice job. Good luck w/ hunt.

Re: New to Axis hunting need info - 03/28/15 10:34 PM

Take some pics!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum