Texas Hunting Forum

Live hunt with friocountyhunts

Posted By: chital_shikari

Live hunt with friocountyhunts - 03/22/15 02:49 PM

Heading towards Kerrville right now to try to kill a couple of red hinds. I'm not hunting tofay but my dad and friend are. Wish us luck!!
Posted By: Bowhunt17

Re: Live hunt with friocountyhunts - 03/22/15 03:23 PM

Awesome keep us updated!
Posted By: coach20

Re: Live hunt with friocountyhunts - 03/22/15 04:09 PM

Good luck..
Posted By: rbw1

Re: Live hunt with friocountyhunts - 03/22/15 06:46 PM

Good luck that is some tasty vittles.

Re: Live hunt with friocountyhunts - 03/22/15 09:39 PM

Got some fallow in front of us. Beautiful scenery. Dad and Bryan out trackin/stalkin a hind Bryan saw. Fingers crossed

Re: Live hunt with friocountyhunts - 03/22/15 09:55 PM

Reds not cooperating. Heading down to Medina for some sightseeing and more food, even though we are at like 1.
Posted By: Lazyman

Re: Live hunt with friocountyhunts - 03/22/15 10:03 PM

See any of the stags he's offering yet.
Posted By: Matpk

Re: Live hunt with friocountyhunts - 03/22/15 10:46 PM

Originally Posted By: chital_shikari
Got some fallow in front of us. Beautiful scenery. Dad and Bryan out trackin/stalkin a hind Bryan saw. Fingers crossed

Keep it going Chital. Anxiously waiting to seethe picture of the one Down.

Re: Live hunt with friocountyhunts - 03/22/15 11:01 PM

Mhm yessir. Just got back into the ranch. The food/pee break was a bust. So we're just waiting around till the deer come down from the hill.

Re: Live hunt with friocountyhunts - 03/22/15 11:39 PM

Got a red spike and fallow bucks and does. Just settin outside the fence waiting for the go. Their trucks are moving about; I think we're going now. Fingers crossed, wish us luck. I really want my dad to kill one

Re: Live hunt with friocountyhunts - 03/23/15 12:25 AM

Got a red spike and fallow bucks and does. Just settin outside the fence waiting for the go. Their trucks are moving about; I think we're going now. Fingers crossed, wish us luck. I really want my dad to kill one

Chital!! I wish good-luck to you all. Get the spike and post the pictures.

Many peoples on this forum are eager.....!
Posted By: Hen-Man

Re: Live hunt with friocountyhunts - 03/24/15 12:16 AM

Well, did he get one??
Posted By: CitySlickerHunter

Re: Live hunt with friocountyhunts - 03/24/15 05:08 PM

popcorn
Posted By: kdkane1971

Re: Live hunt with friocountyhunts - 03/24/15 05:10 PM

Sweet live update thread right here!
Posted By: Frio County Hunts

Re: Live hunt with friocountyhunts - 03/24/15 05:32 PM

Lol. I don't want yall guys to be hanging on by a thread so I will jump in. We had a missed shot on a nice 4x4 cull but it was a 200 yard shot. There was a couple hind and spike available too. Saw numerous males that had already dropped their horns so didn't want to risk shooting a nice mature stag figuring it was a cull. I'm sure chital will give an update soon!

Re: Live hunt with friocountyhunts - 03/24/15 10:04 PM

Lol he gave it away! Anyway yeah, when we drove in after the fleeing stag and went up and back up the back right end of the property, I saw a hind looking at the truck as it crawled by. I told then she was there, but by the time my dad got set up with the parallax and zoom, she had gone further into the brush.

The reason why he missed: parallax was set to 30yd and he didn't realize. Shot was 215yd.

Re: Live hunt with friocountyhunts - 03/25/15 12:45 AM

cheers clap confused2

Chital Shikari..Great story for Hf critics.

lol35
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum