Texas Hunting Forum

Looking for Nilgai Hunt

Posted By: Vindicator

Looking for Nilgai Hunt - 02/24/15 09:46 PM

1-2 hunters looking for a nilgai hunt. Not picky about location. Would like to hunt them with a .270 using 150 grain nosler partition federal ammunition. Do you guys know anyone, or have been on a hunt with an outfitter recently that has a good number of animals.

Thanks
Posted By: Kobus

Re: Looking for Nilgai Hunt - 02/24/15 10:27 PM

I've heard good things about DSO!
Posted By: C3 guide

Re: Looking for Nilgai Hunt - 02/24/15 10:52 PM

I have some if DSO can't help you. Have some in deep south tx and also in the Kerrville area.
Posted By: Vindicator

Re: Looking for Nilgai Hunt - 02/25/15 08:58 PM

Interested. Do you have more info while I check out this DSO outfit?
Posted By: Shadeabby

Re: Looking for Nilgai Hunt - 02/26/15 02:08 AM

Definatlly check out DSO. Adam and Cody are some good guys to hunt with.
Posted By: C3 guide

Re: Looking for Nilgai Hunt - 02/26/15 03:20 AM

2500 acres in Kerrville all inclusive for 3250 bulls are big mature bulls. About 20 head on the ranch.
Posted By: ExoticKiller

Re: Looking for Nilgai Hunt - 03/02/15 04:36 AM

DSO runs a great operation. Adam and Cody are honest guys that will do what it takes to make sure leave satisfied.
Posted By: gaharris

Re: Looking for Nilgai Hunt - 03/02/15 08:37 PM

I used Mike Powell at All Seasons Guide Service for my Nilgai hunt and it was awesome. Great hunt and they have a ton of Nilgai. We hunted out of Raymondville.
I have hunted several different species with Mike and have always had great success.
Here is a link to his web site: http://allseasonsguideservice.com/
I highly recommend him.
Posted By: Double Shot Outfitters

Re: Looking for Nilgai Hunt - 03/02/15 09:48 PM

Hey Rock Man we have them in Deep South Texas. $2850 for 2 days meals and lodging! Let me know if you have any questions. Here is a post with some pics and info

http://texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/5568018/South_Texas_Nilgai_Hunt!__Pic_#Post5568018

Re: Looking for Nilgai Hunt - 03/02/15 10:07 PM

Got a few good pics of this guy last weekend, and shot this other bull this previous weekend!

Posted By: sparrish8

Re: Looking for Nilgai Hunt - 03/02/15 10:49 PM

Beautiful color on the live one posted above.
Posted By: Drop Tine

Re: Looking for Nilgai Hunt - 03/02/15 10:54 PM

Originally Posted By: Double Shot Outfitters
Got a few good pics of this guy last weekend, and shot this other bull this previous weekend!

Do you have a minimum caliber requirement? Seen a couple places that want a 300 mag or bigger?

Re: Looking for Nilgai Hunt - 03/03/15 04:01 PM

We prefer a .300 or better, however I also prefer that you are comfortable with your rifle. A great shot with a .270 will take it down as opposed to a not so great shot wit a .300 In this particular case he stated the caliber and grain bullets that he wanted to use, this tells me he is confident with his gun and I wouldn't want to change that!
We also have a .300 win mag and a 9.3x62 available for use. Our main requirement is no ballistic tips! We need a blood trail with these guys.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum