Texas Hunting Forum

Looking for Trophy Aoudad

Posted By: Curly_AB

Looking for Trophy Aoudad - 01/09/15 03:40 AM

Anyone recommend someone with some decent Aoudad for this February 2015. I will be down that way Feb 10-18, hoping to see some sites and hopefully hunt a few days. I'm open to other exotics as well(Axis, Black buck, Fallow, uncertain on when Deer loose antlers) I realize its short notice, so hoping someone has something to offer.

We are visiting wives family(non-hunters) so I am hoping to sneak away a few days.
Also, Anyone recommend places to see while we are down there?

Darren
Posted By: cjbs2003

Re: Looking for Trophy Aoudad - 01/09/15 06:22 AM

Darren, Texas is a giant state... May want to give the area your in-laws live so you can get places nearby. Good luck!
Posted By: C3 guide

Re: Looking for Trophy Aoudad - 01/09/15 01:03 PM

I have a large herd of Aoudad. I'll shoot you a pm. Thanks

Re: Looking for Trophy Aoudad - 01/09/15 01:06 PM

Re: Looking for Trophy Aoudad - 01/09/15 01:07 PM

Re: Looking for Trophy Aoudad - 01/09/15 01:09 PM

Posted By: don k

Re: Looking for Trophy Aoudad - 01/09/15 01:21 PM

Originally Posted By: cjbs2003
Darren, Texas is a giant state... May want to give the area your in-laws live so you can get places nearby. Good luck!
That and how good of shape you are in.

Re: Looking for Trophy Aoudad - 01/09/15 03:06 PM

We will be in Kyle, TX.
I don't mind driving several hours, I imagine the wife and I will be touring a few days as well.

I am in pretty decent shape, picked up a few extra lbs over the holiday season wink
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Looking for Trophy Aoudad - 01/09/15 03:54 PM

Do you have a budget? What do you consider a trophy class Aoudad? Do your prefer low fence or high fence? Do you prefer spot and stalk, blind hunting or however a style the guide suggests to kill the biggest Aoudad?

Re: Looking for Trophy Aoudad - 01/10/15 03:19 AM

budget is open, but common sense and a wife of 25 yrs would say otherwise. Her budget is always bigger then mine, go figure.....
To me, heavy mass, old animal is a trophy, They are a hard animal to judge by photos.
I prefer spot and stalk, but time is limited, high fence isn't a issue as long as there is room to move, I have read about Texas for years, If I had the time I would like to see it all smile
Posted By: Hog Hollow Ranch

Re: Looking for Trophy Aoudad - 01/10/15 03:56 AM

Sent pm
Posted By: 7mag

Re: Looking for Trophy Aoudad - 01/10/15 01:12 PM

Get with Muley Mike on here. Most reasonable price but a hard hunt Best of luck
Posted By: mulie_mike

Re: Looking for Trophy Aoudad - 01/10/15 04:09 PM

I specialize in free range fair chase hunts for Aoudad in west Texas. They are an addicting hunt once you've experienced it! All of my hunts (free range) are currently booked through next fall/winter but I do have a ranch in Sonora Tx that has some nice rams on it along with Fallow, Black buck and axis (fenced).
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum