Texas Hunting Forum

Looking for 34+ Axis Hunt

Posted By: Pitchfork13

Looking for 34+ Axis Hunt - 01/02/15 12:03 AM

I know it's late in the season, but I was seeing if there are any ranches that can offer a Axis Buck of this size of greater.
Posted By: Hog Hollow Ranch

Re: Looking for 34+ Axis Hunt - 01/02/15 01:04 AM

We have an axis buck of that size. I am pretty sure he is over 34". He hasn't shed his antlers yet. We hunt by stalking or we can do a still hunt. He is the prettiest axis I have ever seen and his antlers are just massive. If you are interested, pm me and I can try to get a picture of him for you. We have meal and lodging accommodations available. Our ranch is located in Willow City, Tx.
Posted By: heathe

Re: Looking for 34+ Axis Hunt - 01/02/15 02:46 AM

I have some free range axis of that size they will be ready to hunt march thru May can send you pics of some we harvested.
Posted By: caseyusmc

Re: Looking for 34+ Axis Hunt - 01/02/15 04:17 AM

If you can't get find one with these guys check with whitetail junction. I have worked a few jobs for them they have tons of big axis. And a very nice ranch and lodge to stay in. If you go there just let them know Casey from lusters wildlife sent you if you would. Whitetail-junction.com is their website I believe if not just google them they pop up. Good luck
Casey
Posted By: EddieWalker

Re: Looking for 34+ Axis Hunt - 01/02/15 06:58 PM

If you are on Facebook, there are two groups that you can join that are offering hunts all the time.

Texas Exotic Hunting Reloaded and Exotic Hunting in Texas

I've seen some great deals on there with outfitters who have had cancelation hunts, or problem animals that they want to get rid of. There was a really great deal of Sable that I would have jumped on if I had the cash.

Eddie
Posted By: Abe77901

Re: Looking for 34+ Axis Hunt - 01/02/15 08:59 PM

Eddie
Where was the sable deal? I've looked on facebook but can't find it, how long ago was it?
Posted By: Pitchfork13

Re: Looking for 34+ Axis Hunt - 01/02/15 09:52 PM

Thanks for all the contacts and Info guys.
Posted By: huntnguide83

Re: Looking for 34+ Axis Hunt - 01/03/15 01:39 AM

I should have some later this spring. We are also on Facebook if youd like to see some of the axis we normally take off our properties. Check us out at Texas Elite Outfitters. We average 33"+ annually on our axis hunts.
Posted By: Double Shot Outfitters

Re: Looking for 34+ Axis Hunt - 01/03/15 07:26 PM

We will have some big ones in the spring as well. Shot a 37.5" this past year and have a bunch of real nice ones.
Heres the link to ours

http://texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/5336816/Re:_Trophy_Axis_hunts#Post5336816
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum