Texas Hunting Forum

Results from Von Netzer Hunt

Posted By: Wallhanger

Results from Von Netzer Hunt - 12/02/14 05:29 PM

Well its finally completed the ram slam at Von Netzer Ranch. I cant say enough about Garet and his operation. He and his wife are two of the better people you will ever meet. I shot my black hawaiian with him and this Tan Corsican. He is 38 1/4 on both sides and bases of 10. He also mentioned that he isnt even 3 years old and this was the 3rd largest ever shot out there. He has some genetically gifted rams indeed out there. Will be going back again next year to get either a large Painted or Barbados. His hunts are alot of fun no hunting from feeders. Sako 85 finnlight 30-06 with hornady sst 150 grain from a little over 150 yards.

Posted By: traviselmore

Re: Results from Von Netzer Hunt - 12/02/14 06:44 PM

Probably one of the prettiest exotic rams, I have ever seen.
Posted By: breadman

Re: Results from Von Netzer Hunt - 12/03/14 01:44 AM

hey audie , what does a ram like that cost on his place ?
Posted By: LuckyHunter

Re: Results from Von Netzer Hunt - 12/03/14 01:55 AM

Great Ram up
Posted By: TonyinVA

Re: Results from Von Netzer Hunt - 12/03/14 02:31 AM

Great looking ram.

I've spoken to Garet a few times...he's really nice guy

Re: Results from Von Netzer Hunt - 12/03/14 02:33 AM

Originally Posted By: breadman
hey audie , what does a ram like that cost on his place ?

Here is Garet's website. I know what he was charging, but things may have changed so I suggest you call him.

http://www.mouflonhunting.com/trophy_gallery_02.shtml

Re: Results from Von Netzer Hunt - 12/03/14 03:01 AM

Thanks guys. Sent you a pm breadman. His prices are good to me once you hit 36 inches is when the price starts jumping up. I have a buddy of mine Sawyer kinda coached me on length I had one I wanted which would have been 34 or so but when this fella strolled up I new Sawyer had shot a sweet Dahl with horns that looked a lot like this one and his was 36ish. when I saw this Corsicans horns go past deepest part of his curl I new he was going to be in that other price point but........it is what it is.......... I wanted to finish the slam with a bang
Posted By: Circle NA Ranch

Re: Results from Von Netzer Hunt - 12/03/14 04:46 AM

Great way to end your Slam! Congrats!
Diane
Posted By: Bowhunt Only

Re: Results from Von Netzer Hunt - 12/03/14 06:00 AM

Great looking Ram!!! congrats!
Posted By: don k

Re: Results from Von Netzer Hunt - 12/03/14 12:57 PM

Very good Ram
Posted By: G ranch

Re: Results from Von Netzer Hunt - 12/03/14 02:49 PM

cheers
Posted By: jhprice2

Re: Results from Von Netzer Hunt - 12/03/14 03:38 PM

awesome!
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: Results from Von Netzer Hunt - 12/03/14 05:20 PM

I am guessing its high fence?
Posted By: LuckyHunter

Re: Results from Von Netzer Hunt - 12/03/14 06:50 PM

Originally Posted By: colt45

Moron alert. offtopic
Posted By: the lab

Re: Results from Von Netzer Hunt - 12/03/14 07:26 PM

That is a beautiful ram. Congratulations on an awesome hunt. Garret and his wife are some of the nicest people I have ever met. For your hunt you are truly a part of their family. I would love to make it back there one of these days

Re: Results from Von Netzer Hunt - 12/03/14 07:38 PM

Originally Posted By: colt45

Do you ever try and think before you post?
Posted By: blackdog21

Re: Results from Von Netzer Hunt - 12/03/14 07:42 PM

Great ram.
Posted By: pickaspot

Re: Results from Von Netzer Hunt - 12/03/14 07:52 PM

Boy Howdy! That's a dandy. Congratulations.

Re: Results from Von Netzer Hunt - 12/03/14 08:17 PM

actually Colt its not a high fence place. He has free ranging black buck and axis over there as well.

Re: Results from Von Netzer Hunt - 12/04/14 01:08 AM

The lab

Totally agree I am booked for his first hunt in November for a painted or Barbados. My better half and I are going to go see him in January and stay the so she can meet them. Yes gun will be packed never no I might get itchy trigger for something

Thanks again guys

Re: Results from Von Netzer Hunt - 12/04/14 01:29 AM

Originally Posted By: Audie1970
actually Colt its not a high fence place. He has free ranging black buck and axis over there as well.

Actually Audie, I think your wording is incorrect. So as not to mislead anyone, and perhaps things have changed in the last year and if so I will stand corrected, but the sheep at Von Netzer are in pastures and they are all low fenced pastures. Since sheep don't jump fences they are essentially in an enclosure. It may not be a "High Fence" but they are in a fenced pasture.....so they are not free range. Garett does have some true free range blackbuck and axis, but the sheep are not free range.

If I am wrong please correct me. And BTW, I have no issue with anyone hunting high fence, low fence or anything in between.

Re: Results from Von Netzer Hunt - 12/04/14 02:42 AM

That's right
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum