Texas Hunting Forum

Looking for BB / Axis / any exotic for my daughter

Posted By: wigglyworm

Looking for BB / Axis / any exotic for my daughter - 09/27/13 03:33 PM

I am open to any options, would prefer 2-3 hours from DFW and would also prefer if you have a cull, smaller bucks/males. My daughter is 14, she has shot several deer and pigs but never an exotic. Last thing, we would like to stay at your place but do all our own cooking, cleaning animals, etc.

Thanks for any tips !
Posted By: Curtis

Re: Looking for BB / Axis / any exotic for my daughter - 09/27/13 03:39 PM

If you were willing to go a short 4 1/2 hour drive down here I could get you a red deer meat hunt. No problem about all the cooking. I usually cape/quarter and dont charge for it. $450. We dont shoot the younger males because they are worth too much and its better to raise them another 2-3 years. We don't have any culls.
Posted By: WRS RANCH 1997

Re: Looking for BB / Axis / any exotic for my daughter - 09/27/13 03:46 PM

wrs ranch
Kerrville, tx
830 367 3437
Posted By: wigglyworm

Re: Looking for BB / Axis / any exotic for my daughter - 09/27/13 03:46 PM

Would this price then include a night of lodging, we cook for ourselves ?
Posted By: TCB

Re: Looking for BB / Axis / any exotic for my daughter - 09/27/13 06:20 PM

Originally Posted By: wigglyworm

If you're asking about Curtis's place, lodging is included. He is great guide and you will see lots of animals to keep your daughter interested.
Posted By: the lab

Re: Looking for BB / Axis / any exotic for my daughter - 09/27/13 09:04 PM

you might take a look at Double K Outfitters. I have hunted with him once and it was a very nice set up. He has a lot of critters and the pricing is pretty EZ. If I recall it was 1200 for most of the exotics, axis, aoudad, fallow and 1500 for BB. His lodge is very nice and has a full kitchen and a huge BBQ pit. I am hoping to make a day hunt with Kelly when I return to Texas in Feb. I don't think he has a web page yet, but he is on facebook. Good luck wherever you go and great job of sharing the sport with your little girl.
Posted By: Curtis

Re: Looking for BB / Axis / any exotic for my daughter - 09/27/13 09:11 PM

Originally Posted By: wigglyworm

1 night of lodging should be all that you need as long as you get here around noon so we can get out there on the first evening and if we have to, we can continue in the morning.

Feel free to call me. I have a hunter this weekend so there may be delay in my response time.
Posted By: dkwaltac

Re: Looking for BB / Axis / any exotic for my daughter - 09/30/13 01:35 AM

We have a Hunters Cabin on the ranch with full kitchen, etc. Have several options for your daughter, give me a call, we are in Bandera, Texas. 830 522 0288, ask for Dave
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum