Texas Hunting Forum

Throckmorton County

Posted By: slack40

Throckmorton County - 04/29/19 10:16 PM

What's the word on the birds there? Heading to our place in Woodson tomorrow to chase turkeys for the next few days. Saw the weather may be a factor and throw a kink in the plans, but are they talking at all?
Posted By: TTT Ranch

Re: Throckmorton County - 04/29/19 10:22 PM

Very vocal and responsive on my place E of Throckmorton over the weekend. Killed 2 nice birds with 8” and 9” beards.
Posted By: 4Weight

Re: Throckmorton County - 05/01/19 01:01 AM

Was just north of Albany about 25 miles on a good turkey ranch. Never saw or heard a bird. Was strange to say the least.

Re: Throckmorton County - 05/01/19 02:45 AM

I’ll be after them tomorrow morning! Hopefully have a good report, or pictures!
Posted By: Gemlin

Re: Throckmorton County - 05/01/19 09:55 PM

Birds in North Eastern part of county got quiet. In my are they dont like to move in these storms. My area getting pounded by thunderstorms today.

Re: Throckmorton County - 05/02/19 12:44 AM

Had one gobble early this morning and that was it. Hopefully once these storms pass through they’ll get a little more vocal.
Posted By: OffCoor1

Re: Throckmorton County - 05/02/19 03:05 PM

If these storms haven't jacked them up too bad, I believe we are just now to the stage of the hens leaving the Tom to go to nest. So, maybe a mid-morning hunt would do you well ?? That's what I'm planning to do tomorrow in Archer Co.
Posted By: Sniper John

Re: Throckmorton County - 05/04/19 12:03 AM

I'm just east of throckmorton over the Young county line. Not a gobble in three days. Have only seen one turkey. Thunderstorms really messed things up. Fish creek was out of its banks at one point. Could not access 2/3 of our lease until yesterday.
Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: Throckmorton County - 05/04/19 12:18 PM

Near Breckenridge, toms are being found all by themselves in the afternoon right now.

Re: Throckmorton County - 05/06/19 05:57 PM

No luck with the birds, cut 2 sets of tracks in 3 days of hunting. Went down to Camp Wood to a friends place and they were crawling with turkeys, but season had already closed. Did get 2 axis on the ground while I was down there, so not a bad tradeoff.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum