Texas Hunting Forum

The Gobble is on

Posted By: snake oil

The Gobble is on - 03/17/18 04:22 PM

Texas needs to move the season back a few weeks..........
Posted By: Mad Max

Re: The Gobble is on - 03/17/18 09:38 PM

They were unusually quiet this morning (I'm hunting near Fredericksburg) - only heard one bird right before dawn, and then silence. Either they are all henned up or the incoming front has them off kilter, as sometimes happens.
Posted By: spg

Re: The Gobble is on - 03/17/18 10:01 PM

Hoping their late in Live Oak County area, I can't get out there until April 2nd
Posted By: P&Y Bowhunter

Re: The Gobble is on - 03/19/18 02:35 AM

I hope they are late this year as well. Usually when they are early, a lot of the good opportunities are gone before the season even opens.
Posted By: TXCrossTimbers

Re: The Gobble is on - 03/19/18 08:58 PM

Full struts going on in North Texas.
Posted By: DEERSTRANGLER

Re: The Gobble is on - 03/19/18 11:09 PM

We’ve got them in full strut on camera. They started that business up March 4th. Most of our best calling comes around lunch time and lasts throughout the spring season.
Posted By: spg

Re: The Gobble is on - 03/20/18 03:24 AM

Hopefully in South Texas they don't start until after Easter. Going the day after Easter for a week to finish the saga of building a new camp and my two boys want to shoot some turkey's. We have a good population so hopefully it wont be a factor. I don't know how many turkey's it take to pick 400lbs of seed from a 5 acre food plot but they got me twice, scratched every inch of it.
Posted By: TripleE

Re: The Gobble is on - 03/20/18 03:01 PM

They were only gobbling on the roost Saturday and Sunday but Monday they gobbled on the ground till about 9am. Still henned up but luckily found a lone gobbler and called him a long ways across a huge field to decoys. They came to decoys silently the first 2 days but talked the third. Alice area
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum