Texas Hunting Forum

Talpa TX

Posted By: maxbo36

Talpa TX - 04/01/17 09:35 PM

Heading to Talpa Tx in a few weeks to hunt with an outfitter. Taking my 14 yr old son on his first Texas hunt. Anyone know what the bird situation is like near that area. My business partner booked the hunt so I have no idea what we are getting into.
Posted By: artrios60

Re: Talpa TX - 04/01/17 10:05 PM

I am in Talpa, Had 2 hunters today and both had 2 Toms down by 10 am. Lots of birds talking at daybreak then quiets down some. Not much wind to speak of at daybreak but shorly after turned 10-15 mph. Had a few single hens running off to nest but Toms came in nice groups on our place. Good luck to him on his hunt

Welcome to the forum hoped this helped ya

Re: Talpa TX - 04/01/17 10:08 PM

Re: Talpa TX - 04/02/17 03:23 AM

Glad to hear there are some birds there anyway. Do you guide hunters? Would be nice to meet some people while down there. We are coming from PA. I own a Game call business and would like to talk some turkey while there. You can never meet too many turkey hunters,LOL

Re: Talpa TX - 04/03/17 01:12 AM

Some birds is an understatement, the area has always been some of the highest populated areas for Rio's. We have a HF ranch 5 miles N on FM2132 out of Talpa. Yes, we do guide most all our hunts but put emphasis on hunters honing their skills on turkey hunts. If your in area and have some free time please give me a shout
Art 832-818-8696 call or text

Re: Talpa TX - 04/03/17 01:52 AM

That would be great, I think we are hunting about 7 miles up FM2132. SO we are close. However I could be wrong on that,lol I really don't care if I shoot a bird or not but my son is burnt up over turkey hunting. I am into videoing and would love to film him shooting one. I will try to get with you. I build mouth calls for a living so will bring a few out for you to try. Looking forward to it.

Re: Talpa TX - 04/03/17 02:02 AM

well your definitely close 2132 is only 9 miles long up
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Talpa TX - 04/03/17 02:59 AM

Welcome to THF. And yes I am the same dogcatcher from CCO and THO.
Posted By: Lakhota

Re: Talpa TX - 04/03/17 03:49 AM

I have a lease up the road in Ballinger and we are over run with turkeys. During deer season we have had hunters sitting at at lease four different stands and have had 30 or more turkeys at each stand. We have one stand that over looks the Colorado river and at night you can watch them walk across the field going back to roost. I may try to get out there this spring and throw some led and sling some arrows their way.

Good luck on your hunt and I hope you and your son have fun and good luck.
Posted By: RightTurnTaxidermy

Re: Talpa TX - 04/03/17 03:19 PM

Ive killed a few in talpa at my old lease they are very plentiful good luck!

Re: Talpa TX - 04/16/17 01:48 PM

Just checking to see how your Texas hunt went.
Posted By: GunsUp18

Re: Talpa TX - 04/20/17 01:39 PM

I like hearing this, I'll be in Talpa starting tomorrow hoping to get my first Turkey. I happen to have two different friends with Ranches in Talpa and thankfully have been getting lots of invites lately.

Re: Talpa TX - 04/20/17 09:50 PM

up
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum