Texas Hunting Forum

Double!

Posted By: TXGH

Double! - 05/24/15 10:43 PM

My first turkey season and first with a bow! It was the first weekend of April. I was actually there to just get away for the weekend and try to get a hog or 2. But I thought what the heck I will bring by turkey stuff too! The first night I got there I got a hog just before dark, and int he background I heard gobbles in the distance and got pumped. Next morning I woke up late so I decided to just set up and go have lunch.

int eh afternoon I heard them start gobbling n the distance again and started to call, and I heard a group answer right away and my heart started racing! I waited about 5 mins and called again and got an answer almost instantly, and clearly they were closer. This time I waited about 3 mins and called and they sounded really close and sounded like at least 2. I waited 5 mins thinking they would pop trough the brush any min. So I called one more time....

This time they popped out of the brush right as I was calling and was 5 feet from my pop up blind and they were 3 good size Toms. All 3 gobbled at once and almost made me jump out of my chair! just about blew out my ears lol

Lucky they did not spot me and went right to my decoys and fanned up. I picked out the one that was strutting the most and drew back, and BAM! Dropped him! The other two only ran about 5 feet and stopped. and looked around. I loaded another arrow and by this time they were about 30 yards away and I let her fly and BAM! This one ran about 25 yards. The third one booked out of dodge!

So excited and cannot wait until next year. I wish I had time to go again this year!

Posted By: Wilhunt

Re: Double! - 05/24/15 11:17 PM

Congrats! Seems you had a heck of a good hunt. up
Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: Double! - 05/25/15 10:09 AM

clap
Posted By: rbw1

Re: Double! - 05/25/15 03:10 PM

Don't you love it when it just happens like that .
Posted By: JRJ6

Re: Double! - 05/25/15 04:38 PM

cheers
Posted By: coach20

Re: Double! - 06/03/15 04:20 AM

Congrats.
Posted By: AllTheAbove

Re: Double! - 06/05/15 08:32 PM

Nice! congrats
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum