Texas Hunting Forum

Looking for one-day Youth Hunt

Posted By: Nate76

Looking for one-day Youth Hunt - 03/19/15 10:11 PM

My nephew is 14 and is eager to go hunting for the first time in his life. I know from my own limited experience that turkey hunting is tough and requires a lot of planning and patience, but he's itching to go, so I've been looking for a place to take him. Reading the Outfitters and Guides section, it seems most outfitters are looking for groups of hunters and/or multiple-day hunts. Does anyone know of a place that offers day hunts for youth season within a reasonable drive of DFW (he lives in Frisco).

I plan to scout one of the not-too-far-away public places this weekend, but I've never seen turkey out there the few times I've been (although I was duck hunting, so there's not much of a chance that I would have seen them). I don't have a lot of faith in our ability to put him on a turkey out there, but I know he'd enjoy just getting out there to try it, even if unsuccessful.

In any event, I'd appreciate any recommendations or suggestions.
Nate
Posted By: kmon11

Re: Looking for one-day Youth Hunt - 03/20/15 02:02 AM

Not that close by for the remaining hunts but there are still some TYHP hunts that the deadline has not passed. These hunts you and the youth are Saturday and Sunday morning, food and lodging of some kind are provided. For the price they are a good deal. Will be helping out with one this weekend.

http://texasyouthhunting.com/youth-hunters/youth-hunt-schedule
Posted By: kmon11

Re: Looking for one-day Youth Hunt - 03/20/15 02:04 AM

One of the TYHP hunts that the signup deadline is next week, is for turkey and exotics
Posted By: Nate76

Re: Looking for one-day Youth Hunt - 03/20/15 02:25 AM

That looks like a great program, and a perfect way to introduce my nephew - Thanks! I wish my brother and I had known about this sooner. Hopefully we can make it to one of these.

Nate
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum