Texas Hunting Forum

Recommendations

Posted By: Xtremetj

Recommendations - 03/14/15 10:38 PM

Hello everyone. I'm new here, just joined today. Moved to the Houston area 2-1/2 years ago and have finally settled in and looking to get back in to turkey hunting.

Would anyone be willing help get me started? I've only turkey hunted a handful of times and have taken 1 bird with my bow. In Colorado, you just have to knock on doors until you find someone willing to let you hunt which isn't easy anymore or have a buddy willing to take you along with him to his spot. I have the hunch I'm in the same boat here are I've started talking to guys at work. Sounds like I need to be on a lease.

Is there any public land a guy can hunt or are you taking your life in your own hands? Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Greg.
Posted By: Ramsey

Re: Recommendations - 03/15/15 01:57 AM

welcome
Posted By: Ramsey

Re: Recommendations - 03/15/15 02:02 AM

Deer lease with Turkeys on it is best bet. I am aware of some hunters who have hunted in north texas with some success. They did say there was alot of hunters there. You should get some good advise here so keep checking this post.

Re: Recommendations - 03/15/15 01:19 PM

Thank you Ramsey!
Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: Recommendations - 03/15/15 04:56 PM

Don't overlook days hunts. Some can be quite reasonable, just do your due diligence in deciding whether its a value for you.

Gman

Re: Recommendations - 03/17/15 02:05 AM

Originally Posted By: Gamblinman
Don't overlook days hunts. Some can be quite reasonable, just do your due diligence in deciding whether its a value for you.

Gman

Do you have any recommedations that are fairly close to the Houston area?
Posted By: Pope&Young

Re: Recommendations - 03/17/15 12:47 PM

welcome

I'm in North Texas so I can't help you down there.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum