Texas Hunting Forum

Turkey lease?

Posted By: BradyBuck

Turkey lease? - 02/01/15 10:50 PM

I've got an opportunity to lease a place for turkey that I previously had leased for deer and turkey. We took four nice gobblers off it last year and it should be good again this year.

I have no idea what it should bring cost wise. It's only about 100 acres and we would probably just have two guys hunt it.

How much should I be willing to pay? They told me to just make an offer.
Posted By: hanoverian

Re: Turkey lease? - 02/02/15 01:36 AM

If going by past seasons harvest, $1000 would be an honest offer. But as far as a lease goes I wouldn't offer more than $2 an acre. There are really too many variables to consider. Do you feed or do they feed for you. Is lodging included or have to provide your own. Can you go as you choose or have set days or weeks you can hunt.

Re: Turkey lease? - 02/02/15 02:24 AM

No lodging. It is within 30 min of my house. They've got deer feeders going but I doubt they will still have corn in them. I could go any day during the season.

I made an offer of $3 an acre. Hasn't got back to me yet.
Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: Turkey lease? - 02/02/15 02:47 AM

$500.00 a piece. That's a sweet deal for you being that close to home.

Gman
Posted By: Pope&Young

Re: Turkey lease? - 02/02/15 07:55 PM

Did you pay to hunt turkey last spring on the same ranch or did you shoot the 4 turkey during deer season?
If you hunted the same ranch last spring what did they charge?

Re: Turkey lease? - 02/03/15 03:20 AM

Originally Posted By: Pope&Young
Did you pay to hunt turkey last spring on the same ranch or did you shoot the 4 turkey during deer season?

I had the place leased for the year. We took the turkey during spring season. Called five nice gobblers in at 15 yards. I also took a 140 ten point off of the place. It was a sweet little honey hole and I only paid $1000. The other guy on the lease shot a 156. I don't want to get into the details on here about why we lost it but I was pretty upset about it.

But it had nothing to do with me that's why I still may be able to get it for turkey.

Re: Turkey lease? - 02/03/15 03:23 AM

Posted By: DQ Kid

Re: Turkey lease? - 02/03/15 12:40 PM

Originally Posted By: BradyBuck
Originally Posted By: Pope&Young

I had the place leased for the year. We took the turkey during spring season. Called five nice gobblers in at 15 yards. I also took a 140 ten point off of the place. It was a sweet little honey hole and I only paid $1000. The other guy on the lease shot a 156. I don't want to get into the details on here about why we lost it but I was pretty upset about it.

But it had nothing to do with me that's why I still may be able to get it for turkey.

Taking a 140 and a 156 off for only $1000 gives me a decent idea why...Sorry about that.
Posted By: Wilhunt

Re: Turkey lease? - 02/15/15 06:42 PM

Wow...$1,000. and it is gone. I would be sick. Good your getting a shot at the turkeys though.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum