Texas Hunting Forum

Looking for Youth Turkey Hunt

Posted By: elkaholic

Looking for Youth Turkey Hunt - 01/21/15 03:56 PM

My 14 year old is trying to get an American Grand Slam on Turkey. He already has his Rio down from previous hunts.

This year he is after either a Eastern, Osceola or Merriam.

We are in East Texas and willing to drive up to 12 hours,,,, OK, AR, IL, CO, NM, LA, MO, KS or anywhere else within that area.

What I am looking for is a lead on public land, State drawings for Youth Permits or maybe an outfitter that has a Golden Heart when it comes to youth hunts and can offer a good discount. I can do all the calling, I just don't have the land for the right kind of bird.

I also am willing to do a hunt trade on hog hunts if anyone is interested. Stand Hunt or spot n stalk with NV and Thermal.

Thanks for your time.
Posted By: Pittstate

Re: Looking for Youth Turkey Hunt - 01/23/15 04:32 AM

Nebraska youth permits are $6 for youth (Turkey and Deer). Lots of public that has Merriams. If you have time to hunt during the week, should be a good hunt. The public can get crowded on the weekends (3 hunters on 3k acres, lol).
Posted By: luvpigmeet

Re: Looking for Youth Turkey Hunt - 01/31/15 01:33 AM

Man I wish you lived in PA. I would take you out and call. Lots of public land her. Also have Farmers with a knock on the dorr, will let you hunt. Good luck with his slam!
Posted By: hanoverian

Re: Looking for Youth Turkey Hunt - 01/31/15 03:42 AM

If you willing to travel to Mississippi, I can probly help you out on your eastern bird. If interested send me a pm. Possibly private land hunt but for sure could put you on public land birds
Posted By: BandOfBrotherOTX

Re: Looking for Youth Turkey Hunt - 02/04/15 03:38 AM

I was stationed at fort knox ky. They have drawings for turkey and tons of birds on public. If you know how to hunt birds its too easy. If you want to go there give me a call.
Posted By: trash2

Re: Looking for Youth Turkey Hunt - 02/04/15 03:35 PM

If you look around east tx you can find plenty in the right spots.
Posted By: elkaholic

Re: Looking for Youth Turkey Hunt - 02/05/15 08:06 PM

Thanks for all the suggestions for youth hunts. I have a few applications out there now for youth hunts in a few states. We are crossing our fingers and hopefully we will get lucky.

Thanks again!
Posted By: Hunter4lifeĀ°

Re: Looking for Youth Turkey Hunt - 02/05/15 09:00 PM

Originally Posted By: elkaholic
Thanks for all the suggestions for youth hunts. I have a few applications out there now for youth hunts in a few states. We are crossing our fingers and hopefully we will get lucky.

Thanks again!

Good luck
Posted By: luvpigmeet

Re: Looking for Youth Turkey Hunt - 02/07/15 01:58 AM

In PA., it is over the counter if he has a Hunter Safety Card or a previous license from another State.
Good Luck
Posted By: MoTex

Re: Looking for Youth Turkey Hunt - 02/07/15 02:25 AM

Missouri has a lot of public land with a good population of turkey.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum