Texas Hunting Forum

Im covered up i turkeys

Posted By: Ricochet83

Im covered up i turkeys - 10/13/14 09:55 PM

This is just one of my feeders i see this at 3 of the 6 feeders. but what you want to bet 3 weeks from now the turkey light switch so to speak will be turned off and i dont see them anymore.
Posted By: Gone to Texas

Re: Im covered up i turkeys - 10/13/14 10:26 PM

eek2 thats awesome!
Posted By: jdk1985

Re: Im covered up i turkeys - 10/15/14 09:43 AM

Good situation to have! Let me know if you need some help with it!

Re: Im covered up i turkeys - 10/15/14 06:18 PM

And this feeder isnt even my main turkey spot the spot i have that they are really thick the camera just got put on last weekend so it will be interesting to see that one. The main spot is right behind a roost.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Im covered up i turkeys - 10/17/14 03:36 AM

Looks like my place near Kerrville. Never thought I would say it but there are SO many they are "almost" a nuisance.

I call them CORN VACUMNS !!!

I'll shoot four this Fall, Take my .22 to the blind with me snipe em

Re: Im covered up i turkeys - 10/17/14 05:31 PM

yeah. I have 2 seperate groups with between 15-18 and then 3 smaller groups with 7-8 on top of some loaner males. I will be taking my shotgun with me into the blind during deer season because they come by the blinds on the way to the feeders so i should easily get my four also. I agree with the vaccum statement 100% kind of like javalenas
Posted By: Pope&Young

Re: Im covered up i turkeys - 10/17/14 08:11 PM

Looks like you have the fence line covered... Do you hunt both sides of it?

Re: Im covered up i turkeys - 10/17/14 08:45 PM

yes it is a cross fence on the property both sides are our lease. The blind actually straddles the fence. I was waiting to see if anyone was going to ask about that
Posted By: Pope&Young

Re: Im covered up i turkeys - 10/17/14 09:40 PM

Originally Posted By: Ricochet83
yes it is a cross fence on the property both sides are our lease. The blind actually straddles the fence. I was waiting to see if anyone was going to ask about that

I've hunted ranches with cross fences and they can be really productive locations up

Re: Im covered up i turkeys - 10/17/14 09:45 PM

yeah.feed store loves me cause i throw corn on both sides with the tailgate feeder to so i use double. 410 acres cross fenced into 8 pastures so i have alot of cross fences

Re: Im covered up i turkeys - 10/23/14 03:29 PM

SO i have little to none experience in hunting turkeys but from what i can tell and help me out please these 2 turkeys on the right of each of these photos are good looking toms correct. I am basing this on beard length and relative size compared to the others.
Posted By: jmh004

Re: Im covered up i turkeys - 10/23/14 06:46 PM

Yes, those are two good toms.

Re: Im covered up i turkeys - 10/23/14 06:48 PM

Thansk for the help. Like i said this is the first place i have been on that i have seen more than one turkey all year so i am not really to knowledgable on differentiating although i can say i feel after all the google my fingers can type i am getting to know a little more
Posted By: Jakehills

Re: Im covered up i turkeys - 10/30/14 03:19 AM

Man I'd die if I had those numbers of birds around on my area. Bow-hunting turkey hunter's dream right there.
Posted By: TAFFMASTER

Re: Im covered up i turkeys - 10/31/14 05:41 PM

it could be worse
Posted By: clear creek 89

Re: Im covered up i turkeys - 11/03/14 01:11 AM

On my place in oklahoma I see turkey's every hunt! And usually see them in 2 or 3 different spots when driving around checking feeders.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum