Texas Hunting Forum

4 birds in two hunts, I'm done!

Posted By: MeatDog

4 birds in two hunts, I'm done! - 04/11/11 03:29 PM

Thought I'd share about my turkey season which is now over. Went out for an evening hunt on 4/5 called up 2 toms and 2 jakes. Birds hung up at about 20 yds behind be and I was on the side of a creek bank so I could only see the front jake at 15 yds. Time was passing and so I went ahead and took the shot. After I shot the first jake the other three birds flew over the creek. I ID'd the third bird as a male and pulled the trigger flying left to right at about 20 yds, head shot, fell in the water.

Went out for an evening hunt 4/7, didn't call up any birds but was canoeing out of my spot and saw a huge flock of birds, picked out two jakes and boom, boom.

Beards were all 3-5 inches and the spurs were all under an inch but I put 8 breasts and eight legs in the freezer.

Here are a couple pics:

1st hunt

2nd hunt

Posted By: meredj

Re: 4 birds in two hunts, I'm done! - 04/11/11 03:37 PM

congrats on the meat.

Posted By: topher31

Re: 4 birds in two hunts, I'm done! - 04/11/11 03:44 PM

That should make you a few good meals, congratulations

Posted By: redhunter

Re: 4 birds in two hunts, I'm done! - 04/11/11 04:43 PM

Thats what im talking about@!!!!~!

Posted By: fallscohunter

Re: 4 birds in two hunts, I'm done! - 04/11/11 11:54 PM

congrats man...4 more than I have killed this year but that is some awesome hunting ha

Posted By: bu2herndog

Re: 4 birds in two hunts, I'm done! - 04/12/11 02:53 AM

Congrats.

Posted By: kmon11

Re: 4 birds in two hunts, I'm done! - 04/12/11 03:17 PM

Congrats, now that your season is over you have time to fish or something else. I remember one season I killed out on Sunday of opening weekend, rest of that seasons hunts were spent calling in birds for others, which was fun also.

Posted By: Tjack28

Re: 4 birds in two hunts, I'm done! - 04/12/11 06:17 PM

Congrats...This is my first year of almost tagging out. So far i've taken one 9 1/2 inch long beard and two jakes (both with almost full fans and 5 inch beards). I saved one tag in hopes of finding me an eastern before the season is up...

Posted By: Nontypical3006

Re: 4 birds in two hunts, I'm done! - 04/12/11 06:50 PM

SSSSUUUUHHHHHHHWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEETTTT!!!!!! banana

Posted By: MeatDog

Re: 4 birds in two hunts, I'm done! - 04/12/11 09:13 PM

Thanks gents, I'm looking forward to a little fried turkey breast with my friends.

Kmon, same here. I've got a buddy who is a rookie. We're hoping to get him his first bird.

TJack, sounds like awesome birds, hope ya get the Eastern.

Posted By: pegasaurus

Re: 4 birds in two hunts, I'm done! - 04/19/11 11:53 AM

up

Posted By: SatNiteSpec

Re: 4 birds in two hunts, I'm done! - 04/19/11 12:36 PM

Good looking birds.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum