Texas Hunting Forum

Varmint hunting from ground blind

Posted By: P&Y Bowhunter

Varmint hunting from ground blind - 03/29/18 03:29 AM

I was wondering if any of you hunted coyotes, Bobcats, etc. from a ground blind; such as a pop up blind. Would this be good for day and night? I would be using an electronic call out in the field in front of the blind.

Thank for your insights.
Posted By: CaveManRancher

Re: Varmint hunting from ground blind - 03/29/18 02:06 PM

I personally have not a probably would not just because i want to change the environment as little as possible. I have a short turkey hunting chair that gets my butt of the ground and is comfortable
Posted By: Bar-D

Re: Varmint hunting from ground blind - 03/29/18 03:09 PM

I have a couple of times but it is really more trouble than it's worth IMO. I have a ghillie suit that breaks up my profile and helps with concealment in daylight hours. If I am hunting on the ground, I will usually stay on a set 20 to 30 minutes, then move on. Even a popup has to be set up and taken down, time that I had rather spend calling. 2cents
Posted By: colt45-90

Re: Varmint hunting from ground blind - 03/29/18 03:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Bar-D
I have a couple of times but it is really more trouble than it's worth IMO. I have a ghillie suit that breaks up my profile and helps with concealment in daylight hours. If I am hunting on the ground, I will usually stay on a set 20 to 30 minutes, then move on. Even a popup has to be set up and taken down, time that I had rather spend calling. 2cents
this
Posted By: P&Y Bowhunter

Re: Varmint hunting from ground blind - 03/31/18 10:24 AM

Thanks for the information. I appreciate your willingness to share good thoughts and ideas.

I can well understand the mobility factor. One place where I hunt allows me the opportunity to be mobile. Another place does not. I guess where there is limited mobility, a blind might be a possibility. The blind I'm referencing would be like a one man blind; not one of the larger pop up blinds.
Posted By: pigplinker

Re: Varmint hunting from ground blind - 04/01/18 09:49 AM

Originally Posted By: P&Y Bowhunter
Thanks for the information. I appreciate your willingness to share good thoughts and ideas.

I can well understand the mobility factor. One place where I hunt allows me the opportunity to be mobile. Another place does not. I guess where there is limited mobility, a blind might be a possibility. The blind I'm referencing would be like a one man blind; not one of the larger pop up blinds.

You may consider just brushing in a spot. That way you could leave it and let it get natural to the area. 2cents
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum