Texas Hunting Forum

bobcat hunting

Posted By: dirthawker

bobcat hunting - 11/01/17 11:03 PM

I was just wondering what the odds of encountering a bobcat in Texas actually is while out predator hunting? I live in Virginia and I've been predator hunting for a few years never laid my eyes on a bobcat we have them here but not in large numbers. It's definitely an animal on my bucket list and I'm willing to travel to Texas if I think the odds were good enough. I know it's hunting and I know there's a lot of variables but overall is it something you could get done in a week of serious Predator calling? Thanks
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: bobcat hunting - 11/01/17 11:48 PM

There are lots of them but it can take a while for them to make it to the call or in view. They are like house cats and are very curious and can get sidetracked easily. Most places in Texas have bobcats some more than others. I’d say if your target species is bobcat you shouldn’t have too hard of a time finding one.
Posted By: Hook-Em

Re: bobcat hunting - 11/02/17 12:17 AM

You need to call at the least 30 minutes in each spot. They are curious but also very cautious.

Re: bobcat hunting - 11/02/17 01:29 AM

Is there a part of Texas that has a higher concentration? I also was wondering if it's hard to acquire permission? Thanks guys for the info.
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: bobcat hunting - 11/02/17 01:31 AM

Originally Posted By: dirthawker
Is there a part of Texas that has a higher concentration? I also was wondering if it's hard to acquire permission? Thanks guys for the info.
not easy to just get permission to hunt people property at all. They are fairly abundant all over Texas.
Posted By: pigplinker

Re: bobcat hunting - 11/02/17 09:18 AM

Originally Posted By: SapperTitan
Originally Posted By: dirthawker
not easy to just get permission to hunt people property at all. They are fairly abundant all over Texas.

Like SapperTitan said not easy getting premission, so you might try getting with someone on here that can take you while you are here. Good luck to you. welcome

Re: bobcat hunting - 11/02/17 09:51 AM

that would be great I am willing to pay for gas and time if someone is up for some bobcat hunting?
Posted By: Trophytaker3

Re: bobcat hunting - 11/02/17 02:34 PM

I Called one in here in East Montgomery county last january. came within about 25 yards of me.
Posted By: WTBBC

Re: bobcat hunting - 11/14/17 01:34 PM

I can get you on a cat. No problem.
www.WildSideTX.com
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum