Texas Hunting Forum

Dang the Bad Luck

Posted By: gary roberson

Dang the Bad Luck - 06/17/17 03:34 PM

I hunted four mornings for lion in the Navajo Reservation. As I was leaving yesterday morning, one of the game wardens told me that he needed to go investigate a possible lion killing livestock. He texted me photos of lions tracks and said that they were made the day before. He drove back to the area with his hounds and treed the cat this morning.
Now that is just bad luck...
Adios,
Gary
Posted By: mikei

Re: Dang the Bad Luck - 06/17/17 05:34 PM

I'm sure you'll return and be successful, Gary! Call it luck, timing, phase of the moon and stars, or just hunting. It happens to best in the business, and you're sure one of them. Good luck on your next venture!
Posted By: blackcoal

Re: Dang the Bad Luck - 06/17/17 07:18 PM

I imagine the lion wasn't too happy about its luck either !!!

Little off topic but my older BiL lived in Farmington for years, his ME was in mining. I spent a lot of time during the summers traipsing around that area. This was back in the early 60's, I'm certain it is quite different environment now. Good memories except for my crazy sister. I truly believe the only reason the Indians never killed her was they realized she was nuts.
Posted By: gary roberson

Re: Dang the Bad Luck - 06/19/17 01:32 PM

The lion weighed over 200 pounds which is huge for that area. He wasan old male that was hooked on cabrito.
Adios,
Gary
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum