Texas Hunting Forum

IR Hunter MKIII and Coyote @ 140 Yards

Posted By: Double Naught Spy

IR Hunter MKIII and Coyote @ 140 Yards - 01/18/17 12:12 AM

I had a good hunt last night. I think I may have spotted the boar that put the hurt on the boar I shot around Christmas up in Saint Jo (multiple slices on its side). The only problem was that he was more than 1000 yards away on the neighbor's property, but he seemed to be of substantial size. I have only a short clip of him in the video, but watched him for several minutes.

I also watched this coyote for quite a long time. She came in down wind of me, but I was up on my ridge again where I could see the greatest amount of the surrounding from one spot and that put me about 30 feet higher in elevation than she was by the time I shot her. I tried using the call to draw her in, but the call was actually on the opposite side of the ridge from where she was. She seemed to hear it, but it held no real fascination for her despite trying multiple calls.

I made what I thought was a good shot on her and she went right down. To my surprise, she started to get back up and I hit her again. I don't know what to say. The first shot entered her right shoulder, breaking her leg, and then traveled through about 18" of body before exiting the opposite side just a bit forward of the hip. That she had the ability to rise up like that with a broken leg after what should have been a devastating hit is just plain impressive.

Posted By: Dalee7892

Re: IR Hunter MKIII and Coyote @ 140 Yards - 01/18/17 03:32 AM

Nice equipment.
Posted By: Bar-D

Re: IR Hunter MKIII and Coyote @ 140 Yards - 01/18/17 03:45 PM

up
Posted By: daniel1381

Re: IR Hunter MKIII and Coyote @ 140 Yards - 01/19/17 01:37 PM

Very nice.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: IR Hunter MKIII and Coyote @ 140 Yards - 01/20/17 02:35 AM

Originally Posted By: daniel1381
Very nice.
cheers
Posted By: themoonrulz

Re: IR Hunter MKIII and Coyote @ 140 Yards - 01/20/17 10:58 PM

Nice man. No yote is safe from THERMAL!!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum