Texas Hunting Forum

Almost done! Tote slayer/kitty killer

Posted By: Mohawk Man

Almost done! Tote slayer/kitty killer - 11/02/16 11:37 PM

Just need to rap the shooting rest and make a front brush guard.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Almost done! Tote slayer/kitty killer - 11/03/16 03:29 AM

cheers
Posted By: Bar-D

Re: Almost done! Tote slayer/kitty killer - 11/03/16 11:36 AM

Nice rig.
Posted By: mikei

Re: Almost done! Tote slayer/kitty killer - 11/03/16 05:57 PM

Very nice rig, indeed!

Re: Almost done! Tote slayer/kitty killer - 11/03/16 06:39 PM

Describe the build please.....what did you start with? What modifications did you make? Etc..... up
Posted By: redhaze

Re: Almost done! Tote slayer/kitty killer - 11/03/16 11:25 PM

Very cool
Posted By: Mohawk Man

Re: Almost done! Tote slayer/kitty killer - 11/04/16 04:04 AM

This is a 1986 4runner. Removed the back cover and used the existing threaded bolt pattern and the role bar to fasten the new platform. Having pre threaded anchor points sped the process up a lot. Used 3" angle to construct the platform and braces. Used 3/4 plywood that was part of an old sign so it is sealed and water proof. 1 1/4 sq tubing with a nut welded on the sided welded to the side of the frame so when I constructed the shooting rail out of 1" sq tubing I can adjust the shooting rail height by loosening and tightening the four bolts. Next time I will just get adjustable seat pedestals and use a fixed rail. I had these laying around. The kids and I sanded and wiped everything down. I sprayed it with an oil base enamel that I get at the local hardware store. I have used it on everything flat bottom boats ect. It really holds well. Flat blacked the wheels with some spray paint I found by accident that has rust inhibitor and primer in it. Holds like iron. I can get the names and brands of the paint if you would like. I have had the 4runner for years. $100. In metal $45 on paint. $25. On a used gun boot and bracket. Sorry for the long read. Happy to answer any questions. Thanks

Re: Almost done! Tote slayer/kitty killer - 11/04/16 07:50 PM

Great job..... up
Posted By: redhaze

Re: Almost done! Tote slayer/kitty killer - 11/05/16 05:35 PM

Nice
Posted By: HandyMan91

Re: Almost done! Tote slayer/kitty killer - 11/06/16 05:44 PM

awesome
Posted By: Corbin Foster

Re: Almost done! Tote slayer/kitty killer - 11/17/16 02:46 PM

I have a 86' pickup. They are tough critters! I am waiting on my 3rd 22RE to blow up so I can drop a LS engine in it! Better gas mileage AND 3x the power. Awesome rig!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum