Texas Hunting Forum

Only caught one coon last night

Posted By: mikei

Only caught one coon last night - 10/26/16 04:39 PM

But this one was another catch that had one front foot in each of two traps! Second time this week. I've separated the traps from each other by another 6 feet. (Picture on request, only!)

OK, per your request:

Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Only caught one coon last night - 10/26/16 04:41 PM

worthless
Posted By: 7x57

Re: Only caught one coon last night - 10/26/16 04:46 PM

No use posting a coon thread with no coons in it.
Posted By: Txcatman1

Re: Only caught one coon last night - 10/26/16 07:33 PM

If there both staked to the same anchor your going to keep having that problem, use different stakes about 3-4 ft apart, set traps on opposing side of the stakes and you shouldn't have that problem anymore

Re: Only caught one coon last night - 10/26/16 07:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Txcatman1
If there both staked to the same anchor your going to keep having that problem, use different stakes about 3-4 ft apart, set traps on opposing side of the stakes and you shouldn't have that problem anymore

I finally figured that out, Txcatman! I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but after a couple of experiences it finally dawned on me that I needed to get those traps far enough apart that one coon couldn't get a "double." Plus, it will boost the chances of catching two of them in the same area at the same time. But I do appreciate your coaching; I need all I can get!!
Posted By: Sirrah243

Re: Only caught one coon last night - 10/27/16 05:28 PM

What kind of trap is that ya got there? I've not seen one like that before.

Re: Only caught one coon last night - 10/27/16 05:40 PM

Originally Posted By: Sirrah243
What kind of trap is that ya got there? I've not seen one like that before.

They are Duke, Powder Coated, Dog Proof traps. Got 'em from Hilltop Outdoor Supply up in Iowa.
www.hilltopoutdoorsupply.com But they're available from lots of places. Just Google "dog proof coon traps" and you'll get a couple of pages full.
Posted By: Sirrah243

Re: Only caught one coon last night - 10/28/16 04:30 PM

Thanks Mikei
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum