Texas Hunting Forum

Heli Coyote

Posted By: tomgib1

Heli Coyote - 10/25/16 01:38 AM

While Heli Hog Hunting, we ran across some coyotes. They are a lot faster than the hogs. It is a fun time chasing them.

GAP Outdoor Adventures facebook
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Heli Coyote - 10/25/16 02:06 AM

cheers
Posted By: dogdown23

Re: Heli Coyote - 10/25/16 02:23 AM

Could care less for helihunters. On several occassions ive watched them buzz land they dont have permission to hunt pushing animals to the next place over then shooting them. Had one fly over me while I was in the middle of a stand, they didnt have permission to hunt the place. They were pushing pigs, coyotes out of the creek onto the place next door that they did have permission to hunt. Im all for hunting but unless it's a large ranch eradicating pigs heli hunting needs to be stopped.. Just my opinion.
Posted By: Monkee

Re: Heli Coyote - 10/25/16 04:35 PM

AGREED👍👍👍
Posted By: talkturkey

Re: Heli Coyote - 10/25/16 04:53 PM

OHHHHH, but doggonnit its a blast to do!!! banana
But I agree, when they fly over the bordering property and chase all my hogs off! realmad
Posted By: tomgib1

Re: Heli Coyote - 10/26/16 01:02 AM

dogdown23, I appreciate your post. I would be upset if heli-hunters were acting the way you described. However, we are doing this for fun but also to help farmers in the area. The correct thing to do is get landowner forms filled out if you are going onto their property. We get permission from all landowners that we fly over. I want to show you a video of what the milo fields in the area looked like when we started hunting in 2015. We started hunting after destruction had already taken place. The filed should be brown. The green areas are all wasted crops. This year we started early and killed 100 on one heli hunt. We then started thermal hunting and smoked another 300 over 13 hunts. So before you condemn us, understand the farmer was extremely pleased and thankful. My buddies are building a night hunting vehicle and plan to provide relief for the farmers that want it.

GAP Outdoor Adventures Facebook
Posted By: dogdown23

Re: Heli Coyote - 10/26/16 02:40 AM

I could care less. Ive seen first hand how shady some of those guys are and have talked to dozens of people with the same issue. Went to the game warden and 2-different "helihunters" were being investigated for what I described. Large multi thousand acre ranches I have no issue with.. But when "helihunters start hunting 100acres here, 200 acres there, ect your getting to close to the neighboring places.. And yes u have the land owners fill out this "paperwork" but most dont realize once they fill it out that yall dont call ahead of time and say, hey we'll be in the area on such and such day. The ones im referring to just show up unannounced and start blasting.. I was with a landowner in a polaris ranger, he was showing me a 250acre track to coyote hunt as we're crossing a creek here comes a dang helicopter tree level flying the creek. He told me he gave permission but didnt like them showing up unannounced. I hope some sort of regulations are put into place. I dont know you and im not saying you do what I described above. In just stating my opinion and my experiences with "helihunters".
Posted By: TexasUplander

Re: Heli Coyote - 10/26/16 05:49 AM

I cringe to even think about one flying over my place. I would never give permission for them to do that and certainly there are laws to prevent it.....
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum