Texas Hunting Forum

Squirrel hunting Grapevine area.

Posted By: McToad

Squirrel hunting Grapevine area. - 10/03/16 12:32 AM

Hello everyone,
First post as a member but have been browsing for some time. Has anyone had any luck with squirrels and rabbits at Grapevine COE hunting area (south of 377)?

I have been researching for a day hunt checking both COE and the Public Hunting Land booklet from TPWD and noticed the good areas are an hour or more from me. I don't mind the drive but what's holding me back is the daily limit of 10 on most places. At least Denton has no limit. I am not planing on taking 50 but a bit more than 10 would be better so for daily hunts, I will keep to the main counties around me.

Here comes the Grapevine issue mentioned above. From my initial research by looking at the maps, it looks good west of 377 staying between the tracks and the creek. Just wondering if anyone has been there lately to confirm if Roanoke park has been built southside of 377 by the treatment plant for parking/entrance to hunting area. I am planning on scouting the area during the week since I do not like the crowds on the weekends. Just some feedback ahead of time just in case.

Thank you all!!
Posted By: dkershen

Re: Squirrel hunting Grapevine area. - 10/03/16 02:53 AM

Welcome. welcome Never hunted squirrel in that area, but my experience is that 10 squirrel bag limits are few and far between wherever you hunt. I wouldn't let a 10 bag limitation keep me from a day in the field.
Posted By: McToad

Re: Squirrel hunting Grapevine area. - 10/03/16 09:49 PM

Thank you.

I'll camp out if I hit those areas.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum