Texas Hunting Forum

You think YOU have coon problems?

Posted By: JohnRussell

You think YOU have coon problems? - 06/21/16 04:25 PM

Thank God they have not learned how to hotwire yet!...

lol

He even had friends come help later! Time to set some traps.. :P

Posted By: rickym

Re: You think YOU have coon problems? - 06/21/16 04:57 PM

Better hope they don't tear up the seats

Re: You think YOU have coon problems? - 06/21/16 05:08 PM

Doubt he did, but will be checking. I am just glad he was not a smoker. I hate that smoke smell in my ranger, and all those raccoon cheap cigarette butts everywhere.

R
Posted By: poisonivie

Re: You think YOU have coon problems? - 06/21/16 05:32 PM

You're the only person I know that left those stupid soft doors on their Ranger. I wanted the dealer to take mine off and not charge me for them. No dice.

Re: You think YOU have coon problems? - 06/21/16 05:48 PM

Yea, one got ripped off, the driver one, after I told them to watch them.. not 5 minutes later.

The rest, I have toyed with removing them, but I have a 6yr old that does not sit in his seat well.. lol.

I will remove them eventually, just have them for a little added protection atm.

R
Posted By: ThreePeppers

Re: You think YOU have coon problems? - 06/21/16 06:36 PM

Yeah, I think I have coon problems...

Posted By: Western

Re: You think YOU have coon problems? - 06/21/16 06:40 PM

That atv looks a lot like Sniper Rabs, coon must have got confused looking for a free ride!.

When I bought my Ranger, I was told by the dealer that removing the soft doors would void the warranty since it is a safety thing..After a couple uses, they don't bother me at all.
Posted By: rickym

Re: You think YOU have coon problems? - 06/21/16 09:49 PM

Originally Posted By: ThreePeppers
Yeah, I think I have coon problems...

You need a suppressed .17 wsm
Posted By: Birdog62

Re: You think YOU have coon problems? - 06/21/16 10:37 PM

Ghost Coon! Really hard to kill.

Posted By: SniperRAB

Re: You think YOU have coon problems? - 06/21/16 10:47 PM

I hate them, kill them all and may I suggest a trained attack Deer..
I put this Deer through extensive training and for 7 1/2 years he was efficient roflmao

Posted By: KG68

Re: You think YOU have coon problems? - 06/21/16 11:40 PM

Maybe a good coon dog might help.

eeks333
Posted By: SniperRAB

Re: You think YOU have coon problems? - 06/21/16 11:42 PM

Originally Posted By: KG68
Maybe a good coon dog might help.

eeks333

rofl
Posted By: retfuz

Re: You think YOU have coon problems? - 06/22/16 01:22 AM

Oxner, is that one of your dogs?

Re: You think YOU have coon problems? - 06/22/16 10:19 AM

lol.. too funny!

Yea, we had fun watching those coons. There was a little corn left in the back of the ranger, hence what they were going after.

I have about a dozen Duke traps and plan to start setting them out a little more often. I usually kill off a couple dozen coons and they all become scarce for a while.

Time to teach them a lesson again wink

R
Posted By: Reloder28

Re: You think YOU have coon problems? - 06/22/16 11:21 AM

Posted By: Reloder28

Re: You think YOU have coon problems? - 06/22/16 11:24 AM

I had TxAg build me a coon proof feeder skid like the one ThreePeppers depicted. The Coons may gather at the feeder & even hang all over it.....don't care. They can't get to the spinner plate anymore.
Posted By: Texan0718

Re: You think YOU have coon problems? - 06/23/16 01:19 AM

We used to have lots coons around the house but the grandsons took care of them pretty quickly.
Posted By: yotehater

Re: You think YOU have coon problems? - 06/23/16 12:32 PM

I had them getting into the trash can I kept my dog food in, removing the bungee the lid and tearing into the sack almost nightly. Went down to tractor supply and set up a live trap with a handful of the blue dog food. Ended up catching 36 the first week. I had several doubles and even one triple catch. I don't think I even made a dent in them.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: You think YOU have coon problems? - 06/23/16 05:44 PM

Originally Posted By: JohnRussell
lol.. too funny!

Yea, we had fun watching those coons. There was a little corn left in the back of the ranger, hence what they were going after.

I have about a dozen Duke traps and plan to start setting them out a little more often. I usually kill off a couple dozen coons and they all become scarce for a while.

Time to teach them a lesson again wink

R

They destroyed the seats in my BIL's rhino because corn had fallen between the back of the seat and the rear wall....made a huge mess.... rifle
Posted By: passthru

Re: You think YOU have coon problems? - 06/30/16 02:15 AM

Originally Posted By: yotehater
I had them getting into the trash can I kept my dog food in, removing the bungee the lid and tearing into the sack almost nightly. Went down to tractor supply and set up a live trap with a handful of the blue dog food. Ended up catching 36 the first week. I had several doubles and even one triple catch. I don't think I even made a dent in them.

Live trap? What did you do with them?
Posted By: BillS2008

Re: You think YOU have coon problems? - 06/30/16 04:45 PM

I had a feeder that was short legged, and had to put a box made from a hog panel to keep the cows from tearing up the slinger. One morning I watched a coon climb a leg, get inside the box and empty the feeder by turning the slinger. Put longer legs and "coon stops" on so they couldn't climb the legs again.
Posted By: mikei

Re: You think YOU have coon problems? - 06/30/16 07:12 PM

Originally Posted By: passthru

passthru, I do "in-cage summary executions" of ones I have live trapped. A person should NOT try to release them; they can be all over you, teeth and claws, in a heartbeat!
Posted By: Bearclaw

Re: You think YOU have coon problems? - 07/02/16 05:32 PM

Posted By: passthru

Re: You think YOU have coon problems? - 07/12/16 11:49 PM

In the past I would toss the trap in the creek. The blood from shooting one seemed to keep them shy of the trap for a while so drowning them was more conducive to do. Now I just use the cuffs.
Posted By: yotehater

Re: You think YOU have coon problems? - 07/13/16 10:40 PM

Originally Posted By: passthru

two live traps. was releasing them in the sabine bottom where guys trap.
Posted By: Jtmeeks

Re: You think YOU have coon problems? - 08/03/16 04:22 AM

Originally Posted By: Reloder28
lmao
Posted By: nak

Re: You think YOU have coon problems? - 08/07/16 10:15 PM

Posted By: fr3db3ar

Re: You think YOU have coon problems? - 08/08/16 01:06 AM

Originally Posted By: Jtmeeks
Originally Posted By: Reloder28
lmao

That pic is funny as hell.
Posted By: LuckyVictim

Re: You think YOU have coon problems? - 08/30/16 02:37 PM

Originally Posted By: SniperRAB
I hate them, kill them all and may I suggest a trained attack Deer..
I put this Deer through extensive training and for 7 1/2 years he was efficient roflmao

Ha... Looks like the Buck is telling the coons to get lost, this his corn. Good photo.

Just be glad you didn't leave the keys in your Ranger...
Posted By: HuntnFly67

Re: You think YOU have coon problems? - 08/30/16 02:40 PM

I've posted this before, but seems appropriate ... again:

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum