Texas Hunting Forum

TRAPPING CATS?

Posted By: Upland007

TRAPPING CATS? - 05/06/16 11:37 PM

Has anyone tried just raw chicken in a trap from the store to trap bobcats? I was told it would work but am doubtful... Any other storebought meats I could try if this does not work?
Posted By: TxBuck

Re: TRAPPING CATS? - 05/07/16 02:16 AM

Tuna or some old fish
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: TRAPPING CATS? - 05/07/16 03:04 AM

Can of cat food.
Posted By: LSCG

Re: TRAPPING CATS? - 05/07/16 04:58 PM

Purina Bobcat chow? roflmao

seriously though some kind of strong smelling fish would be my choice. maybe hang a feather inside or near the trap to get their attention from a distance.
Posted By: breadman

Re: TRAPPING CATS? - 05/07/16 08:50 PM

i`ve caught them in a live trap with deer scraps, after cleaning a deer freeze some scraps till your ready to trap.
Posted By: rex47

Re: TRAPPING CATS? - 05/08/16 01:55 PM

put a rooster in a cage and hang it 8-10 foot above ground on WIRE.
be carfull every bobcat and coyote in hearing distance will be thre when he starts crowing
Posted By: Mark Conner

Re: TRAPPING CATS? - 05/08/16 09:48 PM

When cats kill they cover what's left to hide it from others. Cover the bait up with leaves, etc. and leave a feather or two or small piece of fur showing. This gets their curiosity up and a small "trash pile" looks natural to a cat. Keep your bait fresh. This time of year I'd just use a little fish/tuna juice and feathers maybe. You don't have to have bait, he just needs to think there's something to eat under the trash pile. Cats are also very fond of beaver castor. Any trap supplier would have some, or text me and I'll send you a little. A dealer would probably also recommend a cat gland lure. Try the trash pile set and if it works you won't have to order anything. The dollar store will have something with feathers on it like cheap feather boas or a cat toy. Wouldn't hurt to hang a piece of feather or cat toy up in back of the cage or over a foothold set.
Mark 870-881-1443
Posted By: Normanpig

Re: TRAPPING CATS? - 05/20/16 09:18 PM

Hang a cd or a DVD on some fishing line in there as well. They are like humans and attracted to shiny things.
Posted By: lms

Re: TRAPPING CATS? - 05/31/16 02:31 AM

Fish or chicken, add some bobcat gland lure, just a couple drops is plenty, chicken wi g hanging over trap for attractors
Posted By: passthru

Re: TRAPPING CATS? - 05/31/16 04:11 AM

I've caught them with a turkey feather hanging on a piece of monofilament. I've used catnip in a hole set. I've caught them in coon sets baited with fish heads. They aren't too hard to catch.
Posted By: nehntr

Re: TRAPPING CATS? - 06/04/16 01:42 AM

I've used CDs and caught 2 at one site. Had 2 traps and 2 cats next am
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum