Texas Hunting Forum

Bovine Delta Force attempts to halt hunters from shooting pigs - NOT ON MY WATCH!

Posted By: Pig_Popper

Bovine Delta Force attempts to halt hunters from shooting pigs - NOT ON MY WATCH! - 03/07/16 03:44 AM

We popped three pigs this past weekend.

6.5 Grendel claims a 210 lb boar, no exit hole using a 120gr Nosler BT at about 65 yards.

30 RAR claims a 120 lb boar and 35 lb boar, 165gr Speer Deep Curl at 50 yards and 100 yards.

Was a good time - if you are super sensitive about shooting with cattle in the background on in the vicinity DO NOT WATCH this video.

We take chances at times but we are super cautious ALL the time.

Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Re: Bovine Delta Force attempts to halt hunters from shooting pigs - NOT ON MY WATCH! - 03/07/16 08:12 AM

I like it that the pigs run as if they are guilty, but the cattle remain calm like bystanders!

Good job, guys!
Posted By: Blue Tick

Re: Bovine Delta Force attempts to halt hunters from shooting pigs - NOT ON MY WATCH! - 03/07/16 01:37 PM

Great job fellas. What setups are y'all running for your NV optics?
Posted By: TEXASTRAPPER

Re: Bovine Delta Force attempts to halt hunters from shooting pigs - NOT ON MY WATCH! - 03/07/16 04:12 PM

up
Posted By: TxsHunter99

Re: Bovine Delta Force attempts to halt hunters from shooting pigs - NOT ON MY WATCH! - 03/07/16 06:39 PM

High steaks is that a play on words, I mean it would make sense if ya'll were cow hunting... LOL

Re: Bovine Delta Force attempts to halt hunters from shooting pigs - NOT ON MY WATCH! - 03/07/16 06:47 PM

Originally Posted By: ETxsHunter
High steaks is that a play on words, I mean it would make sense if ya'll were cow hunting... LOL

Yes it is a play on words - while it may not be contextually sound grammar I believe you picked up on the gist of it.

Sorry if I've offended any English Professors
Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Re: Bovine Delta Force attempts to halt hunters from shooting pigs - NOT ON MY WATCH! - 03/07/16 08:24 PM

LOL, it is HIGH Steaks if you shoot a cow by mistake. Those are high stakes indeed.
Posted By: der Teufel

Re: Bovine Delta Force attempts to halt hunters from shooting pigs - NOT ON MY WATCH! - 03/07/16 09:11 PM

Originally Posted By: Double Naught Spy
I like it that the pigs run as if they are guilty, but the cattle remain calm like bystanders!

Good job, guys!

It seems that the basic fear mechanism for cattle is to freeze. Horses tend to run full speed, which is why they're often contained in smooth wire fences. Cows usually freeze or just wander away from the action.

Nice going!
Posted By: dfwroadkill

Re: Bovine Delta Force attempts to halt hunters from shooting pigs - NOT ON MY WATCH! - 03/07/16 11:21 PM

Originally Posted By: Blue Tick

The shooter was running an ATN X-Sight digital. Along with other things, the popping in the video is unmistakable.

I had cows run between us and hogs the other night. You never know what they will do.

Looks like y'all had fun and that is what it is about! up
Posted By: Dennis in Ft Worth

Re: Bovine Delta Force attempts to halt hunters from shooting pigs - NOT ON MY WATCH! - 03/08/16 12:02 AM

Originally Posted By: dfwroadkill
Originally Posted By: Blue Tick

The shooter was running an ATN X-Sight digital. Along with other things, the popping in the video is unmistakable.

I had cows run between us and hogs the other night. You never know what they will do.

Looks like y'all had fun and that is what it is about! up

My rig (I'm the old geezer struggling to open that gate quietly) is an Alex Arms Grendel with an N750; on nights like this with no moon I tack on a UNV torch to boost the view-

Interestingly, earlier that evening the gentleman who owns those cows suggested we hunt that pasture because the pigs were roto-tilling the heck out of it. When we expressed a reluctance to go because of the cows, he replied, "I'm pretty sure you know a pig from cow."

Re: Bovine Delta Force attempts to halt hunters from shooting pigs - NOT ON MY WATCH! - 03/08/16 01:05 AM

That ain't no X-Sight , it's a 6.5x PhotonXT and the popping audio is attributed to the Angel Eyes KS-650m DVR.

The thermal monocular is a Pulsar xd50a.

This field had a slight high center grading off away from us which made it hard to see past 150 yards that's why the gun raises every so often so I can cast the light further out to ensure there aren't any cows acting as backstops.
Posted By: bigjoe8565

Re: Bovine Delta Force attempts to halt hunters from shooting pigs - NOT ON MY WATCH! - 03/08/16 04:05 AM

Cool video.
Posted By: TxsHunter99

Re: Bovine Delta Force attempts to halt hunters from shooting pigs - NOT ON MY WATCH! - 03/08/16 05:05 PM

I am sorry if I offended any uptight hunters with their panties on too tight.. Carry on nothing to see here
Posted By: durda1

Re: Bovine Delta Force attempts to halt hunters from shooting pigs - NOT ON MY WATCH! - 03/08/16 09:33 PM

Nice!
aim
Posted By: fr3db3ar

Re: Bovine Delta Force attempts to halt hunters from shooting pigs - NOT ON MY WATCH! - 03/11/16 06:31 PM

Nice work guys. I really need to pay a visit to Texas with my new thermal gear.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum