Texas Hunting Forum

headed to the lease Saturday

Posted By: basspromaster

headed to the lease Saturday - 03/01/16 10:44 PM

Alright so here's the deal. I'm not seeing hogs every outing but they are definitely there. What would yall suggest putting out at the feeder to increase the chances to seeing pigs. We do have a pond and have a lot of sign there too.
Posted By: Lance Vick

Re: headed to the lease Saturday - 03/02/16 02:44 AM

Corn ,corn and corn

And spread corn around the pond edge also
Posted By: fonzie

Re: headed to the lease Saturday - 03/02/16 02:54 AM

I used that Apple corn they have at Walmart works good!
Posted By: bigjoe8565

Re: headed to the lease Saturday - 03/02/16 03:22 AM

Dump several bags of corn under your feeder and on the trails you that lead to area.
Posted By: Dogpaddlin

Re: headed to the lease Saturday - 03/02/16 04:45 PM

If you have water and there is sign of them there I would spread corn around the pond and hunt it from about an hour before the sun goes down until you just can't keep your eyes open.
Posted By: TooLow

Re: headed to the lease Saturday - 03/02/16 04:49 PM

Originally Posted By: Deadend
Corn ,corn and corn

And spread corn around the pond edge also
plus Kool Aid
Posted By: Txduckman

Re: headed to the lease Saturday - 03/02/16 05:06 PM

You have a feeder light and are hunting after sunset right? It sounds like they know the corn is there already so you just need to be there which is after dark many times. Not sure anymore more corn or attractants are needed if you are already feeding it since they will come when they want to.
Posted By: der Teufel

Re: headed to the lease Saturday - 03/02/16 07:59 PM

A game camera is an important tool. It's tough to really pattern hogs, but you can often get clues as to when the most productive times to hunt might be.
Posted By: basspromaster

Re: headed to the lease Saturday - 03/03/16 04:33 AM

Thanks guys. Not sure if we will be fishing after sundown or not but we have been seeing them during the daylight hours quite frequently.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum