Texas Hunting Forum

Predator electronic calls

Posted By: tlk

Predator electronic calls - 02/18/16 06:13 PM

I have tried several calls for coyotes and indoors they sound like there is plenty of volume. Once out in the field though they do not seem loud enough. Any thoughts on the best and loudest call out there?
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: Predator electronic calls - 02/18/16 06:34 PM

Most people tend to over volume.
I would look at a fox pro that has an amplifier built in.
Posted By: tlk

Re: Predator electronic calls - 02/18/16 07:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Brother in-law
Most people tend to over volume.
I would look at a fox pro that has an amplifier built in.

how does over volume hurt? I have only done a little calling so no expert - seems like the more volume the further away you could pull animals in?
Posted By: Txduckman

Re: Predator electronic calls - 02/18/16 09:24 PM

Totally depends on wind. A cheap caller will work 1/2 mile if calm. Add wind it might not work 1/8 mile.

Which one are you using? I use FoxPro, both their $199 so called cheap one and an FX3 and both work equally good where I am.
Posted By: dkershen

Re: Predator electronic calls - 02/18/16 09:53 PM

I've got a FoxPro Scorpion with the optional external speaker and it will get very loud. But the downside of high volume is that it eats up your batteries.
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: Predator electronic calls - 02/19/16 04:39 AM

I don't have piersonal experience with calling to loud I don't know. I change it pending terrain and wind. That's running 75% on an old scorpion.
Posted By: Phantom

Re: Predator electronic calls - 02/19/16 04:56 AM

Start Low. Increase in volume as your set increases. Dont start off too loud. be mindful of whats close first. seen too many people push a bobcat over volume and impatience...... You can always increase in volume.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum