Texas Hunting Forum

Feeder lights?

Posted By: TFF Caribou

Feeder lights? - 01/27/16 01:40 AM

I've got a 100 yard greet gun light, but I think id like a feeder light. I was wondering what you guys use. Im thinking motion activated will scare the pigs off. I was thinking about something on a photocell, or timer. Anybody used a Christmas light timer to activate a light?
Posted By: altez

Re: Feeder lights? - 01/27/16 02:05 AM

Motion light will scare them off at first but they usually get use to it but not always the case for big boars.

Expensive feeder lights but well built and by a Texas business
http://www.sniperhawglights.com/Feeder-Solar-light-s/1832.htm

Re: Feeder lights? - 01/27/16 02:08 AM

Pretty sure I can build one for under $50 green floodlight hooked to a feeder battery with a solar charger and a timer.

Shoot, I already have the green floodlight from Christmas. I think I'll give it a try.
Posted By: der Teufel

Re: Feeder lights? - 01/27/16 05:21 AM

Originally Posted By: altez
Motion light will scare them off at first but they usually get use to it but not always the case for big boars.

Expensive feeder lights but well built and by a Texas business
http://www.sniperhawglights.com/Feeder-Solar-light-s/1832.htm

Can't really say about big boars specifically, but generally the hogs get used to a motion light quickly.

I've used this one. It typically lasts more than a year, but less than two assuming they're permanently left outside so that the hogs get accustomed to them.
http://www.harborfreight.com/60-LED-Solar-Security-Light-69643.html

Coupons are frequently available which bring the price down to around $31-32.
--
Posted By: BigPig

Re: Feeder lights? - 01/27/16 05:57 AM

Motion activated. It's very hard on my eyes to stare at a light under my feeder. The motion activated means I can read a book while waiting for the light to come on. The activate my weapon light and slowly bring it down onto the animals.
Posted By: BUBBAJ 115

Re: Feeder lights? - 01/27/16 03:28 PM

I've been using moonshine lights from wildgame innovations. $30.00 no complaints yet.
Posted By: Dalee7892

Re: Feeder lights? - 01/27/16 03:50 PM

I have used the motion sensor lights from Northern Tool on a 10 ft conduit about 15-20 ft from feeder, also use the wireless motion sensor alarm (to wake me up when they come in). These have worked well for me. Activates on coons also.
Posted By: drycreek3189

Re: Feeder lights? - 01/27/16 08:11 PM

I have two of the Northern Tool lights up for close to two years. They work well.

Re: Feeder lights? - 01/27/16 09:15 PM

I've seen some on amazon too with great reviews.
Posted By: YanceyTX_Hunter

Re: Feeder lights? - 01/28/16 04:16 PM

I use the green moonshine 2 motion activated lights as well, while I haven't seen any hogs yet the coons and the deer are already used to them...
Posted By: D-Box

Re: Feeder lights? - 01/29/16 05:04 AM

There are many motion activated solar powered LED lights on Northern Tools web site. Which one are you guys using?
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum